QPR bid for Jela

derekweir29

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QPR have made a £7million bid for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist confirmed an offer had been placed prior to Wednesday's Old Firm game.

Impressive: Nikica Jelavic has been amongst the goals at Rangers

He said: 'Somebody at the club had mentioned it to me before kick-off, which was all I needed, to be frank.'

West Bromwich Albion manager Roy Hodgson was in the crowd for the game as was Everton manager David Moyes but both clubs would struggle to match QPR's offer let alone Rangers' £10m valuation.

Jelavic moved to Rangers in a £4million deal with Rapid Vienna in the summer of 2010 and has scored 28 goals in 43 appearances for the side.

In the market: QPR boss Neil Warnock looks set to be busy in January

Sunderland and Liverpool have also been linked with the 26-year-old who is enjoying the best goal-scoring spell in his career but McCoist added: 'What will happen, will happen.'

Meanwhile, Neil Warnock has added Aston Villa's James Collins to his list of potential defensive targets with Blackburn's Chris Samba also figuring.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2080031/Queens-Park-Rangers-bid-7m-Nikica-Jelavic-Rangers.html#ixzz1hy29pRxB

Should be in no hurry to accept this, try to raise it to as close to £10m as we can now we know there's concrete interest. QPR obviously think he's good enough so let's get as much as possible and if they don't budge, happily accept the 7m. (tu)

That's what I was thinking last night and I think he has (tu)

Oh well, i am truly sorry we couldnt give him what he wanted at Rangers, to play European football. Such a shame that we have one of our best strikers of recent years and we couldnt give him European football, what a waste.

He will go with my best wishes.