Goodwillie Can't Come On Loan!

G.E.C.

Wrong, FIFA rules allow you to be under contract to a maximum of 3 clubs in one season but you can only play/have played for 2 of them.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/06/30/78/statusinhalt_en_122007.pdf

Page 9, point 3

Either way, Goodwillie has played for DU and Blackburn, right? so cannot play for us.

Our sale of Cousin was not subject to Cousin playing for Fulham, so why wasn't he allowed to sign for Fulham?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our sale of Cousin was not subject to Cousin playing for Fulham, so why wasn't he allowed to sign for Fulham?

I suspect, despite the reporting, that FIFA had no problem with him signing for them but in fact that Fulham were the ones waiting on an outcome on whether he would get special dispensation to play for them before agreeing to sign him. It was probably Fulham that pulled out when FIFA said no (although if I remember correctly by the time a decision was made it was about a month after the transfer window had shut so I'm unsure how the clubs were going to work round that one.

All I can say is that FIFA's own rules clearly say you can be registered for 3 clubs but only play for 2, i'm sure that can't be too uncommon, for a player to be registered with one club, not play, join another and get loaned out in January. I'm sure there are also players who play for mroe than one team on loan in a season without playing for their parent club.

I suspect, despite the reporting, that FIFA had no problem with him signing for them but in fact that Fulham were the ones waiting on an outcome on whether he would get special dispensation to play for them before agreeing to sign him. It was probably Fulham that pulled out when FIFA said no (although if I remember correctly by the time a decision was made it was about a month after the transfer window had shut so I'm unsure how the clubs were going to work round that one.

All I can say is that FIFA's own rules clearly say you can be registered for 3 clubs but only play for 2, i'm sure that can't be too uncommon, for a player to be registered with one club, not play, join another and get loaned out in January. I'm sure there are also players who play for mroe than one team on loan in a season without playing for their parent club.

Mikel did it I'm sure, signed for Man Utd then went to Chelsea in the same window.

Mikel did it I'm sure, signed for Man Utd then went to Chelsea in the same window.

I think so, another would Be Jerome Rothen, I think he was at PSG (but didn't play) and us, and a Turkish club within one season. All we need to know is that Goodwillie can't play for us having made 3 appearances across League and European football for Dundee United and then played for Blackburn, so the fact we can probably sign him under FIFA's rules is pointless if he can't play. :lol: It wont stop him being the player suggested over the next month though and will probably be this windows shite repetitive joke.

You again !!!

I think you like me , lol .

I'm calm bud , but it just annoys me that we ser the same unfunny responses in almost every thread . It's just boring and immature now imo .

Mine was a joke. You said you are tired of cliches. I used the biggest one ever "its not the end of the world" I thought you might have been quicker to get it (tu)