Daylate Rhebel have Jelavic's replacement sorted

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he was a good enough finisher to be considered a full time striker.

I don't think he was good enough either, he always struggled to score when he had time to think, smashing it off the keeper etc. Throwing him in the mix when we needed something though, often delivered. He would be a decent squad player and be potentially the most exciting prospect off our bench if in need. Wylde or Novo to change a game? As a direct replacement for Jelavic... laughable :), journalist on the wind-up.

would signing Nacho Novo be a great signing? no but in this squad coming in to replace someone like Healy then I believe it would. It would add to our depth and give us more options upfront. Someone who we can actually look too.

Healy is still with us and isn't in need of replacing. Think your jumping the gun a bit here.

the manager has said hes looking at sending fleck and hutton out on loan so yes they do and as for jelavic who knows but to me it looks like he will be away this month. a dont know how much tkbs salary was but your the one that keeps banging on about ally not needing millions to strengthen the team so it should be then should it not ?

If its only on loan then we aint really losing their wage, we will still be paying Huttons, i believe that was the deal with Thistle, Fleck will only be away for 5 months so we will need to pay him his salary when he gets back so cant give it to a new player.

Jelavic is a cert to move on, he aint one of our highest earners though, i dont know for sure but its reported his deal is worth £16k a week and Ally has already admitted he wont be getting all of the transfer fee to re-invest, so God knows what he will be allowed to spend, we wont get the 2 or 3 quality players we need with only £16k in total to pay them. More will have to go and hopefully they do. Rumours of Lee McCulloch having an early retirement and SDoW leaving too would free up plenty to play with if they huge Rangers men dont take a pay off. :)

I didnt say he doesnt need millions, have i? I said he shouldnt need millions, 7 new players added to a double winning squad and the best players(arguably) from that squad tied down on long term deals, alongside 6 other players from the double winning squad re-signed for another year. Just how much does he need? If he is going to turn out a buying manager then Rangers aint the club for him.

(tu)

Well he can play out wide, I never said he was fantastic out wide I said he can play there.

Roughly 12 of those 32 are youth players and then you have players like Healy, Broadfoot, McCulloch, Weir and Ortiz who are not good enough and then others like McKay who cant get a game for whatever reason. We do not have a "bulging squad" so dont try and act like we do, we need to sign more players and replace the already done players.

Its called a squad player you clown, and he was hardly a regular starter bar one season. A few months? the full 3 years Walter was here he was pretty much never a regular starter.

Bold the full sentence, dont bold certain fucking parts of it. Like I said Novo as a direct replacement for Jelavic would be a poor signing but as a direct replacement for someone like Healy it would be a great signing. You have taken it out of context by only bolding "great signing", would signing Nacho Novo be a great signing? no but in this squad coming in to replace someone like Healy then I believe it would. It would add to our depth and give us more options upfront. Someone who we can actually look too.

You are known on this forum for being fucking clueless, clueless is saying to win this League we would need to win every single game this season. Thats fucking clueless.

Anyone can play anywhere, that dont mean they are any use there.

And whos fault is that? Whos signed all those duds and who kept all those kids and refuses to play them? 31 players in any squad in any country, is a bulging squad, no matter how much you want us to add to it. Is it any wonder Murray was allowed to practically ruin us with fans like you demanding we spend our way out of trouble instead of actually accepting what is wrong and working out ways to fix it.

"clown"? Really? You didnt say "squad player", you said a "great substitute". Aye, but he wasnt a super sub for 3 years. :lol: He had a few moments here and there where he made a wee impact, that was it.

Your continual personal insults against me in an attempt to deflect away from your nonsense are both laughable and desperate, oh and also wrong.

If its only on loan then we aint really losing their wage, we will still be paying Huttons, i believe that was the deal with Thistle, Fleck will only be away for 5 months so we will need to pay him his salary when he gets back so cant give it to a new player.

Jelavic is a cert to move on, he aint one of our highest earners though, i dont know for sure but its reported his deal is worth £16k a week and Ally has already admitted he wont be getting all of the transfer fee to re-invest, so God knows what he will be allowed to spend, we wont get the 2 or 3 quality players we need with only £16k in total to pay them. More will have to go and hopefully they do. Rumours of Lee McCulloch having an early retirement and SDoW leaving too would free up plenty to play with if they huge Rangers men dont take a pay off. :)

I didnt say he doesnt need millions, have i? I said he shouldnt need millions, 7 new players added to a double winning squad and the best players(arguably) from that squad tied down on long term deals, alongside 6 other players from the double winning squad re-signed for another year. Just how much does he need? If he is going to turn out a buying manager then Rangers aint the club for him.

(tu)

we could loan a player or 2 then when the likes of fleck are back they will be off the wage bill.

any time i have suggested mr whyte should give ally funds to strengthen you have told me i am wrong so make up your mind and he shouldnt need funds but he does need funds ?

7 players sounds like a lot but we were down to the bare bones in that squad what was it something like 14 senior players so the squad aint that big if you discount youth.

In thinking about this seriously, this is a move lacking any sort of ambition and again Ally turning to players who have done the club a turn. Its also another player to play in 3 different positions and guess what he would "animate" the fans. He is a cult hero but ffs if this would replace Jelavic then its not for me.

Starting to look a desperate man Ally (if true)

No, no he cant. Playing him out wide ruined him.

Add to the already bulging 31/32 players? Really? We only have 2 more cups to play for, how many tools does the gaffer need?

Is that what we have become? A club who are actively seeking substitutes? And 'most of his career' your arse, it was a few months under Walter, that was it.

"Sell Healy", was my problem. Really? And who the hell is going to "buy" David Healy?

Signing Nacho Novo at any time in his career was never a "great" signing and into his 30's is never going to be.

What is it to be, a wonderful substitute or Jelas partner? Make your mind up ffs. I can almost guarantee it wont be to partner Jelavic.

Like i said, clueless. (tu)

Nacho novo wasn't a great signing......even for you that is spectacularly stupid.... :lol:

Look at his cost versus what he gave in return if you can manage that.....

we could loan a player or 2 then when the likes of fleck are back they will be off the wage bill.

any time i have suggested mr whyte should give ally funds to strengthen you have told me i am wrong so make up your mind and he shouldnt need funds but he does need funds ?

7 players sounds like a lot but we were down to the bare bones in that squad what was it something like 14 senior players so the squad aint that big if you discount youth.

Really? You think we could use John Flecks salary to bring in the required quality we need to improve our team? Why not just keep and use John Fleck? <cr>

Of course he does, but he shouldnt need them after all the business we done int he summer. Its pretty clear, i have no idea where the confusion is. Mr Whyte would be perfectly correct not to give him any more if he so chooses and i am fully behind him on that.

Bare bones? really? We lost Weiss and Diouf from a doubel winning squad, for all they contributed. Hardly bare bones. Senior players, youth players, does it make a difference? Some of our better players in recent years have been the "kids", even adding 7 to the 14 senior players, thats 21 players, almost 2 players for every position, more than enough to win the SPL, especially with a budget as big as ours, and then you have all the younger guys, some of whom are into their 20's and are more than ready for first team football. The squads massive. There are options all over the place. 19 players to choose from for midfield, yet we need more?

Like i said earlier, Ally has about 30 odd players too choose from to pick only 11, the fact he still needs more to retain our title speaks volumes.

I don't think he was a good enough finisher to be considered a full time striker.

me neither. i always felt he was more than useful wide right and if nothing else he really put teams on the back foot with his pace. if he had stuck in there he could have played a lot more.

Really? You think we could use John Flecks salary to bring in the required quality we need to improve our team? Why not just keep and use John Fleck? <cr>

Of course he does, but he shouldnt need them after all the business we done int he summer. Its pretty clear, i have no idea where the confusion is. Mr Whyte would be perfectly correct not to give him any more if he so chooses and i am fully behind him on that.

Bare bones? really? We lost Weiss and Diouf from a doubel winning squad, for all they contributed. Hardly bare bones. Senior players, youth players, does it make a difference? Some of our better players in recent years have been the "kids", even adding 7 to the 14 senior players, thats 21 players, almost 2 players for every position, more than enough to win the SPL, especially with a budget as big as ours, and then you have all the younger guys, some of whom are into their 20's and are more than ready for first team football. The squads massive. There are options all over the place. 19 players to choose from for midfield, yet we need more?

Like i said earlier, Ally has about 30 odd players too choose from to pick only 11, the fact he still needs more to retain our title speaks volumes.

naw no just flecks others will be leaving too.

aye it was the bare bones REALLY we done amazing things with that team last season for all there was to work with. we were very very lucky with injuries apart from jela weiss and bartley and remember we are no worse off in the league than we were this time last season. apart from danny wilson a wouldnt say any of our better players have been kids. there may well be 19 to choose from but how many are good enough ?

naw no just flecks others will be leaving too.

aye it was the bare bones REALLY we done amazing things with that team last season for all there was to work with. we were very very lucky with injuries apart from jela weiss and bartley and remember we are no worse off in the league than we were this time last season. apart from danny wilson a wouldnt say any of our better players have been kids. there may well be 19 to choose from but how many are good enough ?

Well right now, we dont know that, Johns not even away yet. In any case i dont see the point of replacing one of our own players and their salary with someone elses player and salary unless it was going to really improve us.

I dont think it was, not even close. Amazing things is maybe a bit much. Walter had plenty to work with. A team full of multi-cup winners, multi-million pound stars, internationals galore, the 2nd biggest budget in the country. The very best players in the country. The pleading of poverty last year was embarrassing, a mind game played in the event of disappointment come May. Perry has never let us down, everyone and their dog was creaming themselves over Jamie Ness, Jordan McMillan according to the majority is our best right back at the club, Gregg Wylde is another many a fan on here have been shouting about. You brought up Danny Wilson, and rightly so, theres 5 kids, almost half a team, good enough to play in our first team.

On the 19 choices in midfield, whos fault is it they are not good enough? Who signed them? Who built the squad?

(tu)

This is just a Keith Jackson wind up article. How that fud stays in a job amazes me. Mind you, how the DR ever sells any papers is beyond me as well.

A bunch of biased journos reading boards like this and presenting rumours and speculation as fact. I have no doubt "a source" means the internet.

We may end up with Novo back as a cheap addition to the squad, but to suggest he'd be a direct replacement for Jela would be like suggesting a retarded monkey with crayons could replace Jackson.

Oh hang on -

Anyone can play anywhere, that dont mean they are any use there.

And whos fault is that? Whos signed all those duds and who kept all those kids and refuses to play them? 31 players in any squad in any country, is a bulging squad, no matter how much you want us to add to it. Is it any wonder Murray was allowed to practically ruin us with fans like you demanding we spend our way out of trouble instead of actually accepting what is wrong and working out ways to fix it.

"clown"? Really? You didnt say "squad player", you said a "great substitute". Aye, but he wasnt a super sub for 3 years. :lol: He had a few moments here and there where he made a wee impact, that was it.

Your continual personal insults against me in an attempt to deflect away from your nonsense are both laughable and desperate, oh and also wrong.

Im not even going to argue, its pointless.

But the last bit, I called you clueless after you continually called me clueless after every post you made :lol: