Spurs 10/1 to win the premiership

GOAT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think it's worth a wee cheeky 50 quid?

The one thing I've learned through bitter experience of supporting Spurs for over 45 years is NEVER put money on them.

Having said that, 10/1 in what is essentially a three horse race isn't bad odds.

The one thing I've learned through bitter experience of supporting Spurs for over 45 years is NEVER put money on them.

Having said that, 10/1 in what is essentially a three horse race isn't bad odds.

In 45 years have you ever seen as good a Spurs side as this though?

In 45 years have you ever seen as good a Spurs side as this though?

I've seen some cracking Spurs sides during the time I've supported them from Mackay, Venables & Greaves in the mid-60s to Chivers, Peters & Perryman in the early 70s and Burkinshaw's team of Hoddle, Ardiles & Villa.

But no, I honestly can't say that I've seen a better Spurs team, especially in squad strength in depth, than the one we have today.

Look at their fixture list and you will see why they have next to no chance of winning the title. Awful run coming up!

Everton Wigan wolves newcastl at home Liverpool man city and arsenal away will see them to the end of February, you would fancy them to take full points from the home games - a north London derby where anything can happen and arsenal being as in consistent as ever and Liverpool just being shite I don't see it as that daunting for them!!

I don't think there is ever a guarenteed win, Wigan beat them there last season after all!

I can see a couple injuries being devastating for their campaign but if they can keep the same players fit then you just never know!!

I don't think there is ever a guarenteed win, Wigan beat them there last season after all!

I can see a couple injuries being devastating for their campaign but if they can keep the same players fit then you just never know!!

I think to stand any chance, Parker, Friedel and one of Modric or Van der Vaart must stay fit. They have been terrific for them all season, and are at the heart of everything, while Friedel has been in great form. They are pretty strong in other areas of the pitch, but I couldn't see Pienaar, Sandro or Gomes stepping up and replacing them.

It's also the transfer window if they can pull anothrr cracker or two out the box this window, what's to stop them. FFS if the Man Utd game finishes the way it is right now Spurs game in hand could see them a point off them and three of City.

I'm...honestly beginning to think they might just have a chance.

They are unburdened by Europe now, and they never try in the cups too hard, whereas the Manc clubs will do just that. Arsenal and Chelsea along with Liverpool are completely out of the picture.

A few lucky results vs the Manc clubs and you never know...