h** is ok but f****n isn't

Adoniram

LET’S imagine that instead of it having been a Liverpool player using the ‘N’ word to insult a Manchester United player, it had been a Rangers man and a Celtic man involved in a spat.

And instead of the ‘N’ word, it had been the ‘F’ one which was used. Imagine the outcry. The sheer naked rage of the blethering classes, the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland and all the wee Shuggies and Seans spluttering their bile over the airwaves.

And just imagine who would have been in the vanguard of the bitterly offended train which would have been in runaway mode, hurtling towards Ibrox?

None other than Odious Creep

Now let’s try another wee imaginary scenario. The insult was spat not by, but AT a Rangers player and came FROM a Celtic man. The ‘H’ word was used. You know the one?

Here’s a clue. It’s the one I revealed would lead to anyone using at being arrested, because according to Strathclyde assistant chief constable, Campbell Corrgian, it is illegal.

The word is…h**!

Now, what do you think would have happened? Would the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland have blanched and said they did not approve of any sectarian insult? Unlikely!

Would embarrassed Celtic supporters have taken to the airwaves and bombarded their favourite radio station, Radio Clyde, with criticism of the player for stoking the flames of sectarian hatred? Not likely?

And would Odious Creep have been in the vanguard of any train, in the unlikely event that one was in runaway mode and heading for Parkhead?

Absolutely not!

For Odious Creep has already taken to the Radio Clyde airwaves and disdainfully dismissed one aspect of Scotland’s new sectarian laws, as explained by assistant chief constable, Campbell Corrigan.

For, according to what Celtic fans have been chortling about on the Huddleboard, Creep reckons this senior police office doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Creep, it would seem, believes calling Rangers supporters H*** is just a jolly jape. Though, as we know from his part in Villarreal affair, Creep is appalled and outraged by the use of the word f****n.

So how does he try to square this circle?

Well, it appears that Creep believes the fact there are some Rangers supporters who refer to themselves as H***, makes it okay. As I say, just a jolly jape.

What he appears to conveniently forget is that there are many Celtic fans who call themselves…FENIANS. Some even wear T shirts with the word emblazoned.

Therefore, and not the for the first time, Odious Creep stands accused of double standards, with Rangers and the club’s supporters, targeted by him as low bigots, while all others are fine fellows..

But again, and not for the first time as I will soon use his own words to reveal, he is wrong.

For the word h** is now deemed to be a sectarian, and therefore illegal. It has been deemed to be a description of Protestants, just as the word f****n has been outlawed as sectarian and meaning Roman Catholics.

But if Odious Creep cares for the jolly jape of branding someone a h** over the Radio Clyde airwaves, he should go right ahead. And be prepared for the long arm of the law stretching out and into the studio to feel his collar and lift him away from the mic and down to the nick.

Do the big bosses at the multi national German media company, of which Radio Clyde is a part, want such bad publicity for their investment, being beamed across the world?

And do the local gaffers at Radio Clyde want to drop themselves in it with their lords and masters, simply to indulge the increasingly marginalised and seemingly desperate Odious Creep’s buffoonery?

I find it hard to imagine that they do.

Nor do I imagine they will be too chuffed at some other things which may soon be heading in Radio Clyde’s direction from influential folk who are unhappy that Odious Creep is being given more airtime by the once most popular, but since he became associated with it, fast fading radio station.

Given the way circulation figures of the Herald and the Times of London plunged during the period he spent on both papers, and what is happening to Radio Clyde’s listening figures since he took to their airwaves, Odious Creep truly is…

Good King Midas In Reverse!

http://leggoland2.blogspot.com/

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the title had my blood boiling but after reading article its really just leggo(rightly) having a go at OC for what is a totally ridiculous claim that its ok if you call yourself a word its ok for other to.

take examples of many rappers who use the n***er word whilst describing themselves, is it ok for me to call them that..... no it is not.

therefor if any rangers fan(though feck knows why)wants to call themselves h*ns it does not give any other person the right to use this sectarian term.

the title had my blood boiling but after reading article its really just leggo(rightly) having a go at OC for what is a totally ridiculous claim that its ok if you call yourself a word its ok for other to.

take examples of many rappers who use the n***er word whilst describing themselves, is it ok for me to call them that..... no it is not.

therefor if any rangers fan(though feck knows why)wants to call themselves h*ns it does not give any other person the right to use this sectarian term.

For the last ten years any of those children of rome that refer to me in that way. I merely reply Child of the Reformation my silly man. The look on their faces. Try it.

Looks more and more like someone who realises he is not as important as he once thought he was hence his inane ramblings. Just like Phil many names he is not even attempting fairness or common sense so long as the mantra of Celtic good and Rangers bad is maintained.

Dont know about anyone else on here, but i dont know of any Rangers fans who refer to themselves as "H***".

Good article by the way, not normally a fan!

I do, sadly :(

It is a good article, this is something we need to ensure is not dropped. "Hun" and "fenian" carry the same amount of sectarian undertone, both have different original meanings but have been deemed to be derogatory terms for protestants and catholics, respectively. Nil By Mouth agree, there is case law which backs that up, and the police agree.

One term is no worse than the other, nor is either term less offensive. Ban one, ban both. All we want is parity and fairness.

Spiers really is going to be a thing of the past by 2013. Every time he gets airtime, he makes outrageous statements, we really need to not discuss him. Unfollow him on twitter, no threads about him, don't listen radio shows he appears on.

The same goes for Leggo, everytime you write about him, you stoke his meaningless flames.

(I know this post is ironic!)

I had a guy call me a h** the other day and when i gave him stick back, and no i didn't use the f word. He spat the dummy big style saying "oh aye yi cany think of anyhing intelligent to say so you insult me!!!!! Just proved to me that they think its perfectly fine to use the h word.

To be honest, I think the hatred for Spiers is a little unjustified. I actually think most of his views are fairly sensible and balanced, the fact that he grew up as a Rangers fan and some people therefore feel that he has 'turned on us' because he doesn't sook up our arses is a bit sad.

One thing I disagreed with about him to an extent was that he always infered that our 'sectarianism' problem was worse than Celtics. Granted we had a non Catholics signing policy and have been done multiple times for sectarian signing by UEFA, but I think recently the true colours of Celtic support are shining through.

With regards to f****n and h**, both are considered offensive (although don't bother me to be honest ), but more importantly are illegal and if used can result in arrest regardless of what a journalist says.

I didn't listen to Clyde last night (although I do regularly) and actually welcome the fact that these terms are discussed and highlighted. Also please remember, the job of a lot of radio presenters is to wind people up to get them to phone in (see Adrian Duram on talksport for example).

To be honest, I think the hatred for Spiers is a little unjustified. I actually think most of his views are fairly sensible and balanced, the fact that he grew up as a Rangers fan and some people therefore feel that he has 'turned on us' because he doesn't sook up our arses is a bit sad.

One thing I disagreed with about him to an extent was that he always infered that our 'sectarianism' problem was worse than Celtics. Granted we had a non Catholics signing policy and have been done multiple times for sectarian signing by UEFA, but I think recently the true colours of Celtic support are shining through.

With regards to f****n and h**, both are considered offensive (although don't bother me to be honest ), but more importantly are illegal and if used can result in arrest regardless of what a journalist says.

I didn't listen to Clyde last night (although I do regularly) and actually welcome the fact that these terms are discussed and highlighted. Also please remember, the job of a lot of radio presenters is to wind people up to get them to phone in (see Adrian Duram on talksport for example).

Honestly your either having a laugh or the worst undercover celtic supporter on here.

I play 7-a-sides on a Monday and there is one rabid Celtic fan who can't help himself, although it is usually hilarious at how pathetic the attempts are...

Usually if I save a shot of his or we score a goal there is a cry of H**-believeable and H**-Bastards...when the cunt actually scores he celebrates like he's in a real match...I think it's fair to say he's on a different planet than the rest of us!

I think the word seems to be a staple within their vocabulary and it really is pathetic.