Arsenal striker in Rangers link?

The Godfather

Young Arsenal striker Benik Afobe says Rangers are one of a number of clubs interested in taking him on loan.

Afobe, an England Under-19 international, is currently sidelined with a hip injury but expects to return to fitness next month.

The 18-year-old has been out since October but says the SPL side have made enquiries over when he will be fit to play again.

“A lot of teams have been asking when I'll be fully fit again, including around 10 Championship clubs and Glasgow Rangers, plus a Premier League team,” Afobe told Sky Sports. “But I won't be going anywhere just yet due to my injury.

“It depends what the club want to do really and I'm not sure what the boss wants to do, but I just want to focus on getting fit first.

“My aim has always been to be break into the Arsenal first team because that is what I have wanted to do for the past ten years. But if the boss wants me to go out on loan for a few months then that would be good too.

“Personally, I'd love to stay here at Arsenal because you learn so much from the first-team regulars on a daily basis, but we'll see how things go when I'm fully fit.”

Described as a “pacy and direct” forward in his profile on Arsenal’s official website, Afobe is yet to make a competitive first team appearance for the English Premier League club.

The London-born player spent part of last season in League One with Huddersfield Town, scoring eight goals in 32 appearances for the Terriers.

Afobe's Arsenal team-mate Kyle Bartley is currently on a second loan spell at Rangers, making nine appearances this term.

:lol:

That's what I though, why teams are in for an injured striker is beyond me.

Hip injury as well, probably a niggly thing that could take a while to fully get over. No chance we will be looking at him, been out for best part of 4 months, wil barely be fully fit by the end of the season

Hip injury as well, probably a niggly thing that could take a while to fully get over. No chance we will be looking at him, been out for best part of 4 months, wil barely be fully fit by the end of the season

Are you sure about that? It is Rangers we are talking about here. How many players have we signed over the years with "niggly" injuries.

Afobe says the last time he played was in the Emirates Cup in the summer and he will be ready to play again at the end of January.I cant believe we would even consider a loan for this guy unless Wenger has made some kind of deal with us regards others and this is the favour he requires.

Afobe says the last time he played was in the Emirates Cup in the summer and he will be ready to play again at the end of January.I cant believe we would even consider a loan for this guy unless Wenger has made some kind of deal with us regards others and this is the favour he requires.

Unless it's us that's gone to Wenger and told him we'll help nurture and raise youth, if he'll help us out later with something/someone