Ale Bedoya - My Time Will Come

JRodgA2k8

From the official site:

My Time Will Come

Thu, Jan 12, 2012

ALEJANDRO Bedoya is hoping that 2012 can bring him more luck as he tries to force his way into Ally McCoist's first team plans.

The American, signed from Swedish side Orebro in August 2011, has struggled to get a run in the Gers team but injuries and illnesses following his move have not helped his cause.

But having played in a bounce match against Kilmarnock at Murray Park yesterday, and scored in the 4-1 victory, the 24-year-old has now targeted SPL action and would love for it to come against St Johnstone this weekend.

With teammates such as John Fleck, David Healy and Salim Kerkar all starring in recent victories over Motherwell and Arbroath Alejandro is keeping his fingers crossed his time will come and that he can grab it with both hands.

He said: "It's been up and down for me here but patience is the key.

"I've been a bit unlucky because right before the Old Firm game I got another injury in training and I missed out on that.

"I'm not trying to make excuses here, I hate excuses.

"But the most important thing for me is to try and get a run in the team and it starts here at Murray Park and putting hard work in on the training pitches.

"When you see other guys taking their chances such as John Fleck, who has done a really good job in recent games, it shows you can what can happen.

"But after playing against Kilmarnock yesterday I hope I can now push on as you are always frustrated when you are not playing, you always want to play."

Bedoya has been impressed with his side's recent form against Motherwell and Arbroath but is fully aware that St Johnstone will provide a tough test at McDiarmid Park this weekend.

He added: "We wanted to start 2012 with two positive results and we have managed to do that.

"We've played some good football and scored good goals on top of that as well.

"We've also talked about keeping clean sheets and the defence being tight and organised.

"So hopefully there is more to come from the team now and we can keep winning games, starting this weekend against St Johnstone.

"It will not be an easy game but it's important we come out strong and get that first goal which can often prove very important."

Always good to hear from a player who has limited time in the side, hopefully his patience and hard work will be rewarded and he may start to show the ability McCoist obviously thought he had signed in the summer.

Not been entirely convinced so far but with a long season in Sweden nearing an end when he signed maybe he needed a bit of a break as his injuries have certainly caught up with him.

Nonetheless the Bedoya seems to have the right attitude which is pleasing to hear :clap:

if he wishes to improve his chances of getting a game he should do as many star jumps at training as possible, also a wee swatch of sickipedia before training helps him fit in with the "joke" crowd

then when he gets game time he should simply stand there and point at opponents, especially when they are walking past him with the ball, then once in a blue moon he should crunch someone and declare us as his boyhood heroes

fuck all that goalscoring nonsense, passing shite and setting up goals, and dont even think about trying to beat a man mate, that simply will not do

Another odd one, we tried pretty hard to sign him 6 months earlier than when we were getting him for free, yet haven't seen much of him.

I think the main problem with this one was McCoist being desperate to get a player in the door.

We have to remember Bedoya was playing in the Swedish league so had been playing since what Feb/March and all the way through the summer coming to close season. Without any kind of break it may have had a negative effect as he will no doubt have been tiring plus he has suffered a lot of niggling injuries since signing.

Really wish we had waited until Jan as he would have been on a free, would have had a break, and would have got some time to get his sharpness and fitness up before trying to make an impact. It's not like he's actually featured and just making it seem like an unwise move to bring him in as early as we did.

fuck all that goalscoring nonsense, passing shite and setting up goals, and dont even think about trying to beat a man mate, that simply will not do

Aye because Aluko has really struggled to get into the team doing the above

Bedoya has looked pish, i do think he probably needed a break though. Hopefully now he can make a contribution.

Aye because Aluko has really struggled to get into the team doing the above

Bedoya has looked pish, i do think he probably needed a break though. Hopefully now he can make a contribution.

fuck sake ya grumpy bastard who pished in your cornflakes this morning

i was joking in reference to mcculloch getting a game before bedoya thats all