What makes someone a Rangers fan?

garycassidy1802

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the kind of post I would have expected of others; like them, and Liverpool, and Newcastle; but not Rangers. Are we getting more 'love me, love me', by the year? Is it so hard to be a Rangers fan that we have to search for some reason? Erm, it's Rangers, the best Club in Britain, bar none; it really isn't worth asking why we become a fan. Do the trophy Room tour; stand outside the stand and look up: RANGERS FC on the edifice of the Struth Stand; check out videos from times past:all those great players who knew it took something special to bring success. But please, don't let us go the way of others and give ourselves a pat on the back for being supporters.

This is the kind of post I would have expected of others; like them, and Liverpool, and Newcastle; but not Rangers. Are we getting more 'love me, love me', by the year? Is it so hard to be a Rangers fan that we have to search for some reason? Erm, it's Rangers, the best Club in Britain, bar none; it really isn't worth asking why we become a fan. Do the trophy Room tour; stand outside the stand and look up: RANGERS FC on the edifice of the Struth Stand; check out videos from times past:all those great players who knew it took something special to bring success. But please, don't let us go the way of others and give ourselves a pat on the back for being supporters.

I apologise, as it was not intended that way.

It was partly due to the fact that I see people accused of not being Rangers fans on here.

OK forget what OTHER people say that defines whether you are a fan or not - only you know if you are:

Here are some signs:

1. The week of the Old Firm game is spent is anticipation and depending on your make up you swing between the actual fear and dread of losing and the anticipation and joy

of winning - probably in equal measure.

2. After said OF game if we win you read every newspaper, online article and watch the news for just a glimpse of the goals and you make sure you have the highlights taped - if we lose you go into media blackout mode until at least the morning of the next game.

3. You know you could divorce your wife, shoot your dog, and never speak to your family ever again, if that is the way life went - but you know you will never change the fact that you support Rangers.

There are other symptoms but how other people view me or what their definition is of whether I am a real fan or not is all irelevant. I know I am.

OK forget what OTHER people say that defines whether you are a fan or not - only you know if you are:

Here are some signs:

1. The week of the Old Firm game is spent is anticipation and depending on your make up you swing between the actual fear and dread of losing and the anticipation and joy

of winning - probably in equal measure.

2. After said OF game if we win you read every newspaper, online article and watch the news for just a glimpse of the goals and you make sure you have the highlights taped - if we lose you go into media blackout mode until at least the morning of the next game.

3. You know you could divorce your wife, shoot your dog, and never speak to your family ever again, if that is the way life went - but you know you will never change the fact that you support Rangers.

There are other symptoms but how other people view me or what their definition is of whether I am a real fan or not is all irelevant. I know I am.

Brilliant :lol: But I think that actually summed it up perfectly, don't think many could disagree.

I apologise, as it was not intended that way.

It was partly due to the fact that I see people accused of not being Rangers fans on here.

Rangers fans should have the confidence not to care about what even other Rangers fans say about them when it comes to the support they give; whether through criticism etc. It's Rangers; I expect Ally might just have expected criticism in the last few weeks. When accusing anyone a Celtic fan is used to win an argument in here then you know the argument has already been lost (tu)

Rangers fans should have the confidence not to care about what even other Rangers fans say about them when it comes to the support they give; whether through criticism etc. It's Rangers; I expect Ally might just have expected criticism in the last few weeks. When accusing anyone a Celtic fan is used to win an argument in here then you know the argument has already been lost (tu)

Very true.

It just takes the piss that people resort to that type of rubbish against their own fans.

I thought I'd make this thread, just to see what people define as a Rangers fan.

So many people on this forum, appear quick to call others out on not being real fans, or say they are a tim, for a simple disagreement.

My question is, what is your definition of a Rangers fan. What makes someone a bear?

Someone who buys the shirt every year, a season ticket holder, Someone who spends a lot of time on here and news sites finding out about the club, Political beliefs, or something else?

Just a general definition, would be pretty good, to see if people have the same opinion or not.

If you follow The Rangers - you are a Rangers fan.

It's that simple.

The Club is like an extension of your family. They are an extension you. You have them in your heart.

An attack on Rangers FC, is like an attack on your family. It's personal. It stirs you up emotionally. You want to do harm to the gob shites.

If you look at all the shit thrown at us from all quarters in the last year from the media and the taigs, they have made it personal to achieve the effect. I have never known such a personal vendeta against the club and its supporter for the 50 years I have been a supporter. It was never this bad in the day when we had running riots with them. It is open season on all that is to do with Rangers, but the opposite for the scum.

Even I have changed my attitude towards them. I could do the banter before, but not now. I just want to knuckle the fuckers. Can hardly bare to look at them. Same goes for the media