What makes someone a Rangers fan?

garycassidy1802

I thought I'd make this thread, just to see what people define as a Rangers fan.

So many people on this forum, appear quick to call others out on not being real fans, or say they are a tim, for a simple disagreement.

My question is, what is your definition of a Rangers fan. What makes someone a bear?

Someone who buys the shirt every year, a season ticket holder, Someone who spends a lot of time on here and news sites finding out about the club, Political beliefs, or something else?

Just a general definition, would be pretty good, to see if people have the same opinion or not.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the kind of introspection that has slowly worked its way into the psyche of the Rangers fan these days all too often. Maybe it's a legacy of the kind of abuse received by the Scottish media; but I really wish it would stop and we would get our old confidence back. Why do you fall in love?...Why do you like cherries? Who cares?

This is the kind of introspection that has slowly worked its way into the psyche of the Rangers fan these days all too often. Maybe it's a legacy of the kind of abuse received by the Scottish media; but I really wish it would stop and we would get our old confidence back. Why do you fall in love?...Why do you like cherries? Who cares?

Exactly ... if you have to ask you will never know the answer

apparently following the team with blind faith and sticking your head in the sand to obvious problems, oh and not complaining whatsoever when its going tits up

that makes you a super duper uber fan :rolleyes:

Or being someone who constantly complains even though you don't go to games to support the team when its needed the most.

This being the classic definition.

Exactly ... if you have to ask you will never know the answer

I have my own answer. I am a Rangers fan because it's all I've ever known, chose Rangers as my team even though my Dad is a Tim, lived near Ibrox at the time and went to matches with my Grampa since I was younger. I've always worn a Rangers top, and I always back the club 100%. If Rangers are in the equation, I want what is best for them, and when I can afford it, I buy a Rangers top and try go to games.

I believe, regardless of anything else, a Rangers fan is someone who sticks by the team, and the club, 100% and always has.

If you'v done any or all of the bellow then ur a BEAR -

- stay to the end even if we'r beat

- cried over rangers

- phoned a sickie to go to an away euro game

- ditched the missus to go watch the match

- spend your bill on rangers

- u DREAM of yourself on Ibrpx pitch!

Theres a few more but thats just sum of mine!!

oh and ofcourse a BEAR has to hate them! :crabflute:

Having a tear in your eye at the Champions league tune at Ibrox while the teams line up, is one of my favourites, but my best memory was, as a ballboy, walking out of the tunnel at an Old Firm.

That is something that will live with me forever, or a goal going in against them right infront of me.

Ps jim, I'm not saying you don't go to games :)

i dont anymore, i havent the cash now, unless its freebies im too skint to go

what i will say is that a bad rangers result fucking scunners me until they bastards make a cunt of it, which means ive had a fucking lousy weekend

i dont anymore, i havent the cash now, unless its freebies im too skint to go

what i will say is that a bad rangers result fucking scunners me until they bastards make a cunt of it, which means ive had a fucking lousy weekend

Of course it still hurts mate, i used to play Saturday afternoons and walking in and seeing Gillette soccer saturday on and us losing at home was a huge kick in the balls and put a dampner on my day/night.

I know folk who dont go that take bad results a lot worse than people who do, but i suppose there are some on here who do have the funds but choose not to go and moan like fuck about everything about the club on a forum.