What makes someone a Rangers fan?

garycassidy1802

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in relation to our debate on the last thread. Just got me wondering as to what makes someone a "real fan". I like to know people's opinions.

1. You must have a ST.

2. You must NOT miss a game. (includes AWAY games).

3. You MUST stand at all away games.

4. You MUST sing The Billy Boys.

5. You MUST travel to ALL away European games.

6. You MUST adore Super Ally.

7. You CANNOT criticise anyone or anything to do with the club NO MATTER WHAT.

8. You MUST be a member of ££ Forum.

9. You MUST buy every team shirt every season.

If ye don't do ALL of the above, then you're no a Ranger...........................................

.........................apparently.

I know people who call themselves bears, then you ask them if they are going to the game at the weekend they say, "pffft what would I want to go and watch that shite for, pish football, i've got better things to do with my time".

These are people who had season tickets during 9IAR and went to all the games, but now when our club needs as much financial backing and support as possible they dont want to go because the standard of football has dropped, im sorry but these people are not Rangers fans, they are glory hunting bassas.

I also know people who go to two games a season, the two piggery games. Same scenario I ask them why dont they go to other games, "pfft they're the only good ones". They dont even really go to support the team, they just go for the day out, piss up and to shout abuse at the tims for 90 mins, a joke if you ask me when there are people who go to all the games all season yet can't get ahold of a ticket for cp without paying majorly over the odds.

There are then the fans who you only hear from when were doing well, you know like the facebook fans who come out the woodwork after good results or when we are top of the league, but if were not they dont bother with football, again these people aren't fans they are diddys.

I think you will know in your own mind if you are a true Rangers fan, showing dedication to the club, showing up to support your team wether they won, lost or drew the week before and no matter who we are playing. Everyone has a right to moan and have an opinion on wether a player/manager doesnt have what it takes, its the people who seem to take a sad kind of enjoyment when a result goes against us almost in an "I told you so" way that get to me, they are not real fans.

Anyway, rant over :lol:

1. You must have a ST.

If ye don't do ALL of the above, then you're no a Ranger...........................................

Are you going on Saturday mate?

1. You must have a ST.

Great post.

1. You must have a ST.

So what school you when to doesn't matter now?

The whole worlds fecked up, am tellin ye!

Are you going on Saturday mate?

Naw! Am no a true fan.

National Championships are being hosted at our club this weekend mate, so my next game will be the following week. Missing the away games is a bummer but it means if the Rangers do a pre season tour I get tae go wae the money av saved, and I get more holidays than the school teachers in summer!

Naw! Am no a true fan.

National Championships are being hosted at our club this weekend mate, so my next game will be the following week. Missing the away games is a bummer but it means if the Rangers do a pre season tour I get tae go wae the money av saved, and I get more holidays than the school teachers in summer!

Ive been the same wae work mate, last game i was at was Dundee utd at home :anguish: Its a bastard but not much you can do, Meeting Albertz and that in the new loudon on Saturday a think for a few :beer1:

Ive been the same wae work mate, last game i was at was Dundee utd at home :anguish: Its a bastard but not much you can do, Meeting Albertz and that in the new loudon on Saturday a think for a few :beer1:

Ye better hae plenty money wae ye then. When is he away tae Oz? Wiz hoping tae catch up wae him before he leaves.

Ye better hae plenty money wae ye then. When is he away tae Oz? Wiz hoping tae catch up wae him before he leaves.

Think there was a hold up wae his Visa mate. He better have plenty of money for ma Zambooka :beer1:

So is it Dunfermline your next game?

Travelling to a meaningless end of season game and we're behind 4 other teams in the league, being one of only 7 people on a 53 seater bus.

Standing in the pishing rain and still singing yer heid off.

Ah nostalgia for 80's.

You need bad times, just so you can savour the good times even more.