Todays daily record

Gillete

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously he doesn't if he thinks HMRC think some kind of scam was going on: whatever their motives for this investigation they know what they are looking for and it is not based on the fact that they consider Rangers as being involved in anything dishonest.

Well HMRC feel that we took advantage of a scheme that was meant to be used for bonuses, not wages paid into each week. So what he's implying ain't far off. Hence why we have this tax case.

Well HMRC feel that we took advantage of a scheme that was meant to be used for bonuses, not wages paid into each week. So what he's implying ain't far off. Hence why we have this tax case.

That's not so: it was meant to streamline the method foreign players paid their taxes; and he is very far off in what he is implying. Why else would there be a need to apply a retrospective law therefore? What you are referring to in regards to bonuses is the application of EBTs before 1987.

That's not so: it was meant to streamline the method foreign players paid their taxes; and he is very far off in what he is implying. Why else would there be a need to apply a retrospective law therefore?

It's a streamline method for tax, but mostly used for bonuses. We used it to pay our high earners wages into it each week. We thought it was a perfectly legal loophole and still do. But, HMRC see it differently. Hence why we are in court.

Well this case http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8496921.stm will explain why it was applied.

Jim Traynor is a fat walloper.

Is the fat walloper still pumping (allegedly) the pro-golfer's missus down the Dunure Coast?

Aye, a class act is fucking bull-neck. :wanker:

It's a pity the BBC producer he gave a hammering to in a Parma hotel room (whilst pissed out of his tree) some years back - and broken up by a well-known Bear of some repute - didn't get the Italian Plod on to the fat fuck at the time.

I'd have loved to have seen that headline in the Retard rival's (Sun) front page.

Are we one of the test cases for this and if so why us?

As far as I know we were the only one to go all in with the paying our wages into it each week, for a extensive period of time. Other clubs did it like Celtic with Juninho but they pulled out of it, after advisor weren't 100% convinced.

Think what HMRC are thinking if they can win against us, then they can hit others that used it for a short period.

So we have mounting debts and could go into administration even if we win the tax case?

Scaremongering bullshit!!

No, what I think he's implying. Even if we win and they appeal. We'll be stuck like we are for years to come. Meaning it harder for us to bring in sponsors etc. Craig Whyte has touched on something similar already, that he ain't going to wait a number of years for us to move forward.

As far as I know we were the only one to go all in with the paying our wages into it each week, for a extensive period of time. Other clubs did it like Celtic with Juninho but they pulled out of it, after advisor weren't 100% convinced.

Think what HMRC are thinking if they can win against us, then they can hit others that used it for a short period.

Please can we change the name of our training complex from murray park :anguish:

I admit to not knowing a whole lot about this Traynor guy but what I've heard is he's a Bluenose, pretty close friends with Walter.... to me this is worrying stuff.

It seems like HMRC are definitely looking to make an example of RFC to help them pursue other clubs in the UK, the bill however large or hopefully small and a 10 point hit for the next 4 seasons? Thanks a lot David Murray (td)

I admit to not knowing a whole lot about this Traynor guy but what I've heard is he's a Bluenose, pretty close friends with Walter.... to me this is worrying stuff.

It seems like HMRC are definitely looking to make an example of RFC to help them pursue other clubs in the UK, the bill however large or hopefully small and a 10 point hit for the next 4 seasons? Thanks a lot David Murray (td)

Funny post of the day.

Here we go... just because I don't bury my head in the sand and pretend this whole deal with HMRC isn't serious I must be a c*ltic fan. Go ahead say it... :wanker:

I was referring to the comment about the sloth being a bluenose, very suspect, but hey if you want me to call you a celtic fan that's fine - you are a celtic fan. Happy now? :blink: :blink:

I was referring to the comment about the sloth being a bluenose, very suspect, but hey if you want me to call you a celtic fan that's fine - you are a celtic fan. Happy now? :blink: :blink:

The fat sloth is as much a Rangers fan as Susan Plook is a 1st Prize on a TV dating game show.

It's a streamline method for tax, but mostly used for bonuses. We used it to pay our high earners wages into it each week. We thought it was a perfectly legal loophole and still do. But, HMRC see it differently. Hence why we are in court.

Well this case http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8496921.stm will explain why it was applied.

Well, I agree with you on that point; but the article by Jim Traynor is far removed from that.

It's believed the tax authorities are so committed to winning this case they've said in private they'll appeal if the judgment goes against them and that could lead to two or three more years of arguing and doubt.

Rangers would look at that situation and probably conclude that rather than struggle on for a few more years with uncertainty continuing to dog them, administration would be the more tempting option.

That's where I stopped reading.

Should we win the case we'll just go into administration anyway? Laughable, truly laughable.

Its incredible that these guys are given free reign to write whatever shite they want without ever being called to task.

Usually buy the record in the morning to read at work, always thought they were the best of a bad bunch, but after reading that piece today I'll not be buying again