Boyd

G.E.C.

Oh i know,how dare i be honest.

Bottom line is we're a poor side with players out of position not creating chances for our strikers..The Beggars at the tattie dome when it was 60mph winds and we throw in 1 cross and "score" from it and don't do it again.That's not strikers faults that's a manager cramming a team full of defenders instead of playing 2 wingers.

Dropping points was happening when Boyd was here and how many goals did he score in his last 6 months??

17 missed chances against Aberdeen was disgraceful but again that's no midfield support and strikers who either don't want to be here or not good enough..Boyd didn't want to be here and now he has realised he isn't very good he could be heading back.

We need quality..i know it costs money but personally i would rather hang on to Jelavic and play celik next to him than sell him and bring in Boyd.

You say we are a poor side who dont create enough chances for the strikers in one breath and then totally contradict yourself in another by agreeing that the 17 missed chances against Aberdeen was a disgrace.

Which is it? Either we are creating chances or we aren't?

You also say Boyd didnt want to be here, well neither does Jelavic and that has shown on numerous occasions this season with his lacklustre performances and yet you are all for keeping him and set against bringing Boyd back, yet another contradiction.

So its one rule for one player and a separate rule for another?

The way I see it Boyd was being forced out, thats my opinion, you can agree or disagree thats up to you but it was blatantly obvious that Walter had been trying to cash in on Boyd for a while (as he did with Ferguson). Difference being Ferguson left and Boyd stuck it out hoping to get offered a reasonable deal (which never came) and in the end chose the best package for him that was available at the time.

I for one will welcome him back (should it happen), it is a big gamble I know, there is no denying his lack of form and games but at this current time if it is a choice between Hemmings, Healy or Boyd then I'm taking Boyd every day of the week.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye right enough because you only need to win the big games. Anyone who doesn't want Boyd back because he 'doesn't score in the big games' needs their head checked.

You dont only need to win big games, but you still have to win some. Most of us werent fussed when he left because he didnt score in big games, did we need our heads checked then? He left because he had "done it all" at us, now he wants back? Why? Because no one else will touch him, and because hes been a dud since he left. If smith signs him against McCoist wishes, the he should be hounded out or McCoist should walk.

You dont only need to win big games, but you still have to win some. Most of us werent fussed when he left because he didnt score in big games, did we need our heads checked then? He left because he had "done it all" at us, now he wants back? Why? Because no one else will touch him, and because hes been a dud since he left. If smith signs him against McCoist wishes, the he should be hounded out or McCoist should walk.

Of course you do but over the course of a season if we were to lose the 4 old firms and win every other game we would win the league. I've not read or seen anywhere of him wanting to come back it's more a case of us wanting him back. The guy is the all time top scorer for a reason and with the likes of Healy & Hemmings as back up strikers he's exactly what we need at the minute.

I hope the mercinary bstar never gets the chance to come back. All people saying they'd welcome him back, i hope you all realise it'll take him til summer to be fit enough to play.

I take it you have been watching him train? You know what his current fitness levels and weight is ?

Aye that what I thought you havent a clue, just like the rest of us but you are sitting here spouting your bile about how he wont be able to do this and wont be able to do that.

Facts are none of us know what the guy is capable of these days, as i've said before bringing him back is a gamble (as is ANY new transfer) I mean you only have to look at Torres to see that buying the best players doesnt gurantee you anything.

If Boyd comes back, if he starts scoring goals (yes i'll admit thats a big IF), will you and the other Boyd haters man up and be on the forum and dmit you were wrong?

Ah the old lack of goals in Europe and against the beggars argument, as regular as clockwork.

Ok I’ll play along, but can you answer me some questions also…

How many goals did Jelavic, Lafferty, Hemmings and Healy get between them in Europe this season ?

and…..

Exactly how many points have we lost to the scum this season?

IMO what is most concerning is the 17 missed chances we had against Aberdeen on Saturday which cost us 2 vital points. Also the dropped points against Haerts, St Mirren and St Johnstone and the cup loss to a sub standard Falkirk, all teams Boyd has a good scoring record against.

Facts are, in the current financial climate we as a club cant compete in Europe, the league is the main priority these days and despite popular belief the league is NOT determined by 4 old firm games a season. There are 34 other games each campaign and these are the games Boyd has proven he can score in !!

So, to start, your theory is we shud sign boyd, because our striker havent scored goals in big games anyway. I put it to you, from our last 4 decent strikers, jelavic, lafferty, miller and boyd, infact chuck naismith in there aswell, which player has the least amount of goals V celtic?

Weve lost 3 points to celtic this season. Whats your point? Sign boyd because weve lost that anyway?

I understand your concerns, but can you tell me, hows boyds current form? Na, no one knows.

Millers a far better striker, and he showed that when he was finally allowed to stop carrying kris boyd about the park.

I take it you have been watching him train? You know what his current fitness levels and weight is ?

Aye that what I thought you havent a clue, just like the rest of us but you are sitting here spouting your bile about how he wont be able to do this and wont be able to do that.

Facts are none of us know what the guy is capable of these days, as i've said before bringing him back is a gamble (as is ANY new transfer) I mean you only have to look at Torres to see that buying the best players doesnt gurantee you anything.

If Boyd comes back, if he starts scoring goals (yes i'll admit thats a big IF), will you and the other Boyd haters man up and be on the forum and dmit you were wrong?

Im glad you feel comfortable with our club "gambling" what little money we have on a has been who didnt want to be here only 18months ago.

If boyd proves me wrong i'll be happy to come on here and declare it. Will you when you realise hes shite?

Boyd failed in England and Turkey as the managers believed he could play football, his level was and always will be the SPL.

He knows where the goal is and I believe WILL score goals if he was to come back.

He will always be the fat, lazy Boyd we all know and love/hate but goals are what win titles and who else is avaialble on a free that can score 25-30 goals a season?

I didn't want Boyd back either to begin with but as each day goes by with no striker coming in and a last ditch bid more than likely on it's way for out top scorer then I'd not say no to Boyd.

Of course you do but over the course of a season if we were to lose the 4 old firms and win every other game we would win the league. I've not read or seen anywhere of him wanting to come back it's more a case of us wanting him back. The guy is the all time top scorer for a reason and with the likes of Healy & Hemmings as back up strikers he's exactly what we need at the minute.

if we lose all the old firm games and win all the others we'll win the league? How? They cunts could win all their games except 3, and theyd win it?????

So, to start, your theory is we shud sign boyd, because our striker havent scored goals in big games anyway. I put it to you, from our last 4 decent strikers, jelavic, lafferty, miller and boyd, infact chuck naismith in there aswell, which player has the least amount of goals V celtic?

Weve lost 3 points to celtic this season. Whats your point? Sign boyd because weve lost that anyway?

Not my theory at all, I was mearly pointing out to the other poster that none of our strikers this season have been able to score in Europe so why some people are using this as an excuse NOT to sign a player baffles me. Our priority these days is the league title, Boyd has a proven SPL scoring record, for this reason I would sign him.

I understand your concerns, but can you tell me, hows boyds current form? Na, no one knows.

Millers a far better striker, and he showed that when he was finally allowed to stop carrying kris boyd about the park.

Like I said in many previous posts, if we bring Boyd back its a massive gamble, all new signings (regardless of current form) are a gamble becuase no one knows how they will play.

Miller a far better striker? In what sense?

His goals to games ratio isnt even in the same league as Boyd so you must be talking about overall play? Scores against Celtic, aye?

I could sit here and name several strikers that have scored mor goals against Celtic than Boyd (Sandaza off the top of my head) does that make him a better striker than Boyd?

Im glad you feel comfortable with our club "gambling" what little money we have on a has been who didnt want to be here only 18months ago.

If boyd proves me wrong i'll be happy to come on here and declare it. Will you when you realise hes shite?

See there is the difference, you are happy to judge the guy and declare him a failure before he has even signed or kicked a ball. I wont be proven right or wrong as I havent judged the guy, instead I have stated I would welcome the signing and hope (no predict) there is a differnce that he can get the goals we need.

As for the gamble jibe, every player is a gamble, NOT just Boyd some work out some dont and there are many examples of this throughout our history.

if we lose all the old firm games and win all the others we'll win the league? How? They cunts could win all their games except 3, and theyd win it?????

It was an example; they've already dropped points at least 3 times this season to the lesser teams. I still don't understand your argument to why we shouldn't bring him back because he doesn't score in big games. We have played 2 this season without him won 1 lost 1, what harm would bringing him back do if we have already proved we can win them without him? It's against the smaller teams we slip up, Saturday being a perfect example, if Boyd was playing on Saturday we would have won comfortably imo.

Not my theory at all, I was mearly pointing out to the other poster that none of our strikers this season have been able to score in Europe so why some people are using this as an excuse NOT to sign a player baffles me. Our priority these days is the league title, Boyd has a proven SPL scoring record, for this reason I would sign him.

Like I said in many previous posts, if we bring Boyd back its a massive gamble, all new signings (regardless of current form) are a gamble becuase no one knows how they will play.

Miller a far better striker? In what sense?

His goals to games ratio isnt even in the same league as Boyd so you must be talking about overall play? Scores against Celtic, aye?

I could sit here and name several strikers that have scored mor goals against Celtic than Boyd (Sandaza off the top of my head) does that make him a better striker than Boyd?

millers a better striker in the sense that hes a better player. Judge miller on his goals to games ration after boyd left, hows that work out? And in england? And turkey?

love him or hate him the guy scored a whole lot of goals before and we all know how lazy he is.apart from the tims he scored against every other club and if he's fit i think he'd do it again if we had him from the start of the season then we'd still be 8,9 points clear,give him a chance he might just be what we need.

It was an example; they've already dropped points at least 3 times this season to the lesser teams. I still don't understand your argument to why we shouldn't bring him back because he doesn't score in big games. We have played 2 this season without him won 1 lost 1, what harm would bringing him back do if we have already proved we can win them without him? It's against the smaller teams we slip up, Saturday being a perfect example, if Boyd was playing on Saturday we would have won comfortably imo.

wow wow wow!!! Thats not the only reason i dont want him back:

Hes lazy

all round play is poor.

attitude stinks.

his touch is shite.

Isnt well liked at ibrox.

Hes hardly played for almost a year.

i wasnt fussed when he left.

He didnt want to be here

he does 0 in big games.

His bottle goes against celtic

I still don't think Boyd's the answer.

Especially with Ally looking to play with a 4-2-3-1 formation, judging by the players we've brought in and being linked with. Boyd needs a partner, a hard working partner at that. He can't play the lone striker role at all.

A backwards signing if you ask me.

wow wow wow!!! Thats not the only reason i dont want him back:

Hes lazy

all round play is poor.

attitude stinks.

his touch is shite.

Isnt well liked at ibrox.

Hes hardly played for almost a year.

i wasnt fussed when he left.

He didnt want to be here

he does 0 in big games.

His bottle goes against celtic

I'll agree he's lazy and his all round game is poor, but he was brought in to score goals and that's exactly what he done who's to say he can't do it again? I'd say the opinion of him in Ibrox is split and that didn't stop us signing Miller back. As for him not wanting to be here, it was more a case of chasing money which I can't blame anyone for.

Listen, this is a guy (Boyd) who claimed he hadnt made any decision on his future at that time, he was waiting to see if Smith would still be the manager, wanted to stay at the club for a long time, is a big fan of the club etc etc. he left went to Boro then claimed he'd known since Jan that year he wouldnt be signing a new contract and that he wanted to work with Strachan. A supposed Rangers fan who the club offered as much money as they could and still choose bot to sign. Point is he led us along for the remainder of that season so excuse fucking me for not wanting that lazy fat fucker anywhere near our club again. He's flopped at every club he's been at since, and now cos no one else wants him, you think he'll be back and banging in the goals again?

Especially after how long he's not played, you think he'll be a good signing? It'll take him weeks if not months to get back upto fitness.

Id rather he went elsewhere to chase the money.

I'll agree he's lazy and his all round game is poor, but he was brought in to score goals and that's exactly what he done who's to say he can't do it again? I'd say the opinion of him in Ibrox is split and that didn't stop us signing Miller back. As for him not wanting to be here, it was more a case of chasing money which I can't blame anyone for.

Boro bought him to score goals too. FAIL!!! Im saying i dont think he'lk do it again, he doesnt have anyone doin the donkey work for him, and in general, i think SPL teams have improved or we've got worse, coz we dont have as much of the vall as we use to, and we dont create as many clear cut chances.

Also, boyds last 5 months at ranger? 5 goals.

Thats nice of you to let him off with shittin all over us since it was for the money. Tell me, why didnt he chase the money in jan 2010 when we were offered £4M for him and he knocked it back? Birmingham not as big as boro?

Or you could say that boyd has scored more SPL goals than miller,jelavic, lafferty and naismith put together.

Boro bought him to score goals too. FAIL!!! Im saying i dont think he'lk do it again, he doesnt have anyone doin the donkey work for him, and in general, i think SPL teams have improved or we've got worse, coz we dont have as much of the vall as we use to, and we dont create as many clear cut chances.

Also, boyds last 5 months at ranger? 5 goals.

We certainly have not improved and the rest I'd argue have not either.

Boyd is not a great or even decent footballer and he needs to be in a team that create chances every week...the teams he went to were not doing that therefore he struggled big time.

He is what he is and that's a goal machine while being a poor footballer.

You don't become a divisions all time top goalscorer if you are total rubbish and can't do a job....