Boyd

G.E.C.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for jumping to a conclusion if that was the case. I referred to Boyd as being "fat and lazy" earlier in the topic so I assumed you meant me. I later explained my reasoning a little bit for calling him that. Again sorry.

(tu)

It was aimed at me but he's such a snivelling little coward he left it open - hence the reason for you jumping in.

Boyd's a backward step but right now I'm so desperate I'm prepared to give him another chance.

Will it work? I don't think so, but I'll be right behind him all the way hoping he proves me wrong - and therein lies the difference between guys like me and Swisel.

I loved boyd and would love to have him back . its been said already the games wev drew this year is the games boyd had a habit of scoring in . the thing id be worried about though is would he just fall back into the habit of scoring goals right now , would it take hime a number of weeks to get back to full sharpness . Can we rely on boyd to score the goals we need straight away ? we'd need Boyd plus another IMO

It was aimed at me but he's such a snivelling little coward he left it open - hence the reason for you jumping in.

Boyd's a backward step but right now I'm so desperate I'm prepared to give him another chance.

Will it work? I don't think so, but I'll be right behind him all the way hoping he proves me wrong - and therein lies the difference between guys like me and Swisel.

I feel the same to be honest. A lot of me thinks it won't work but a big part also says it makes sense and he'll prove to be a good signing (again). Everytime I try to think of a better forward who is proven at our level, is available and we could probably afford I can't think of any better than Boyd.

Again though his fitness is what the deal should hinge on (and of course wage demands). Of course this all depends on whether Ally is even interested in him.

I'd be confident he'd come back and score goals again if he was fully fit and scoring goals is something we've struggled with over the last few months.

"I'm prepared to give him" :lol: Wow. And then the stupidity of expecting someone to fail, yet still supporting them 100%. :lol: Wow. Its little wonder Murray got away with so much with fans like this clown within our support. Clueless doesnt come close. Take it to PM if you have a problem, dont ruin another thread.

"I'm prepared to give him" :lol: Wow. And then the stupidity of expecting someone to fail, yet still supporting them 100%. :lol: Wow. Its little wonder Murray got away with so much with fans like this clown within our support. Clueless doesnt come close. Take it to PM if you have a problem, dont ruin another thread.

So because I expect someone to fail means I can't get right behind them and give them 100% backing - Is that what you're saying?

You thinks that's stupid? Is that how that tiny little mind of yours works?

I knew you were thick but my goodness, this is another level! :lol:

You are more to be pitied.

I feel the same to be honest. A lot of me thinks it won't work but a big part also says it makes sense and he'll prove to be a good signing (again). Everytime I try to think of a better forward who is proven at our level, is available and we could probably afford I can't think of any better than Boyd.

(tu)

Just wish it was Kenny Miller and not Boyd.

Still, maybe he'll buckle down to the task and bang in the goals that drive us to 4IAR.

He would be better than bringing in no one, but if I had a choice he would grace ibrox again. He left us and realized the grass isn't greener. He is an increbibly lazy player and quite frankly we can't carry him perhaps like we used to. Too many passengers in this team don't want another

Ad have him back. The guy may be lazy but he scores goals. We're struggling against everyone the now and someone like boyd would be exactly what we need. People say he's not a big game player! At least we'd win the so called "wee" games that we're struggling way the now.

Bring him home!

We won't need to wait for the Tax tribunal to go into liquidation in that case. :craphead:

:lol:

I was ready for writing a normal contract might work out cheaper :lol:

Give him a short term deal till the end of the season, make him work for a longer one. He would defo score goals in this team, last weekends game was screaming out for someone like him.

Rumour in my local last night was that this is a Gordon smith signing, mccoist isn't interested, but Boyd will come back on a 6 month initial contract, to prove his worth/fitness/ and goals against, the chance to put himself in "the shop window" with contract talks with rangers during the summer if it proves worth while.

Again only a rumour in the pub

Remind me how many he scored against The beggars and in Europe??

Ah the old lack of goals in Europe and against the beggars argument, as regular as clockwork.

Ok I’ll play along, but can you answer me some questions also…

How many goals did Jelavic, Lafferty, Hemmings and Healy get between them in Europe this season ?

and…..

Exactly how many points have we lost to the scum this season?

IMO what is most concerning is the 17 missed chances we had against Aberdeen on Saturday which cost us 2 vital points. Also the dropped points against Haerts, St Mirren and St Johnstone and the cup loss to a sub standard Falkirk, all teams Boyd has a good scoring record against.

Facts are, in the current financial climate we as a club cant compete in Europe, the league is the main priority these days and despite popular belief the league is NOT determined by 4 old firm games a season. There are 34 other games each campaign and these are the games Boyd has proven he can score in !!

Ah the old lack of goals in Europe and against the beggars argument, as regular as clockwork.

Ok I’ll play along, but can you answer me some questions also…

How many goals did Jelavic, Lafferty, Hemmings and Healy get between them in Europe this season ?

and…..

Exactly how many points have we lost to the scum this season?

IMO what is most concerning is the 17 missed chances we had against Aberdeen on Saturday which cost us 2 vital points. Also the dropped points against Haerts, St Mirren and St Johnstone and the cup loss to a sub standard Falkirk, all teams Boyd has a good scoring record against.

Facts are, in the current financial climate we as a club cant compete in Europe, the league is the main priority these days and despite popular belief the league is NOT determined by 4 old firm games a season. There are 34 other games each campaign and these are the games Boyd has proven he can score in !!

Oh i know,how dare i be honest.

Bottom line is we're a poor side with players out of position not creating chances for our strikers..The Beggars at the tattie dome when it was 60mph winds and we throw in 1 cross and "score" from it and don't do it again.That's not strikers faults that's a manager cramming a team full of defenders instead of playing 2 wingers.

Dropping points was happening when Boyd was here and how many goals did he score in his last 6 months??

17 missed chances against Aberdeen was disgraceful but again that's no midfield support and strikers who either don't want to be here or not good enough..Boyd didn't want to be here and now he has realised he isn't very good he could be heading back.

We need quality..i know it costs money but personally i would rather hang on to Jelavic and play celik next to him than sell him and bring in Boyd.