Boyd

G.E.C.

We all have an opinion on boyd, for me its a step backwards cant believe he will be anywhere near as fit as he was first time round and thats a huge concern, he was never exactly known for his great movement and work rate.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see Boyd being signed before Tuesdays deadline, as he is a free agent we can sign him anytime so McCoist will hold out to see if he lands any of his other targets before moving for Boyd.

Makes sense really, sort of a safety net, if everything goes pear shaped bewteen now and midnight Tuesday we can offer Boyd a deal on the Wednesday.

I dont see Boyd being signed before Tuesdays deadline, as he is a free agent we can sign him anytime so McCoist will hold out to see if he lands any of his other targets before moving for Boyd.

Makes sense really, sort of a safety net, if everything goes pear shaped bewteen now and midnight Tuesday we can offer Boyd a deal on the Wednesday.

Spot on

We can’t really rely on Boyd though as who is to say he will accept our deal, our wages have been capped for new signings so we are to believe to around £7-10k a week. Boyd was on more than double that a year ago so since we know he left for the money I can’t see him coming back to play for less than he did before.

We can’t really rely on Boyd though as who is to say he will accept our deal, our wages have been capped for new signings so we are to believe to around £7-10k a week. Boyd was on more than double that a year ago so since we know he left for the money I can’t see him coming back to play for less than he did before.

Does he want a career?

He is hardly in a position to demand any amount of money. He has tried to play for big bucks in two bigger leagues, he couldn't manage it. We are the best he is going to get, so he will have to accept what we offer and earn more money by scoring goals.

Or Ally does rate him but can't make him an offer until wages have been freed up by players departing?

The fact Ally hasn't made a point of getting him into Murray Park to keep his fitness up speaks volumes of how he is thought of by the Clubs management.

Can't see us going in for him at all.

We had to pay compensation though. Wasn't it around £200k?

200k is damm all even in the situation we are in. Have you noticed everything is 300k or 350k .apart from Wallace deal, which was throw the manager a bone to keep him happy. Whtyes business backgorund is come in cut costs dramatically and take it from there.

All this spin keech re USA Fox link up , we would not produce any sort of substantial profits to interest them.

Indian market . gies a break....Aussie market again no decent profits to be had there. Ok we signed 3 USA Internationals , again will not bring on the big bucks.

Redevelopment of G51 Ali Russell taking about land we do not own!! and any development as I mentioned in another topic with not be for the benefit of the club.

Just sick of all the lets tell them this and not tell them what really matters.

True, but would there have been enough left over to cover all of any potential wage?

Also, do we know what per centage of Fleck's wages Blackpool are covering?

Well put ti this way, they have just been relegated so get balloon payments to help them and they approached Rangers , so if we did not tell them to pay 100% then something far wrong at Ibrox.

I can see this happening,but i would hope if it does we bring in at least one more striker with a bit of pace about him to make up for boyd.

won't happen mate, he'd give the donkey work that Miller used to do for Boyd to Aluko and effectively kill his game off.

i know Boyd gets goals but it takes a lot away from the team as he needs service and i honestly believe Ally's mindset would be "get the ball, pass it to Boyd" rather than open play like we had on show at the weekend.

I can see this happening,but i would hope if it does we bring in at least one more striker with a bit of pace about him to make up for boyd.

With Celik and Aluko looking to get in behind the defence then pace wouldn't be the be all and end for our striker. The ability to be in the right place at the right time and finish the move would be far more important.

won't happen mate, he'd give the donkey work that Miller used to do for Boyd to Aluko and effectively kill his game off.

i know Boyd gets goals but it takes a lot away from the team as he needs service and i honestly believe Ally's mindset would be "get the ball, pass it to Boyd" rather than open play like we had on show at the weekend.

I've just got this feeling that Boyd is going to turn up in a press conference soon in a gers top saying "it's great to be back and it was the biggest mistake of my life leaving and i'm sorry.........etc"

Or maybe it was a bad dream.

Name a striker that doesnt require service?

Thats just a stupid statement, thats like saying Boyd needs air....... (ALL striker require service)

As for Ally's mindset, for the majority of his reign he's had the mindset of lumping high, long balls up to Jelavic and Lafferty I will be surprised if that changes anytime soon, regardless of if Boyd signs or not.

The bottom here is that Jelavic is OFF, Naismith is out till next season and fuck knows what state Lafferty is in, he has spent more time on the treatment table recently than he has on the park. This leaves us with one recognised striker and two wingers who can maybe do a job through the middle, which as we can all agree is a pathetic state of affairs.

We need Ally to bring in at least 2 strikers before this window closes and if he fails to do so then we can kiss goodbye to 4 in a row. With a different unknown player being linked to us daily and even suggestions of us looking at players like Tubbs its clear we are scraping the bottom of the barrell in our pursuit to replace Jela.

So for those reasons I say Boyd should be signed.

Name a striker that doesnt require service?

Thats just a stupid statement, thats like saying Boyd needs air....... (ALL striker require service)

my point is that Boyd provides nothing to the team other than goals, he doesn;'t set up others, he doesn't get back and defend when required, he simply stands waitig for the ball, only to be caught offisde 7 times out of ten.

whats ridiculous is your statement insinuating that Boyd is like ALL strikers, decent strikers put in the effort elsewhere on the pitch, they contribute to the team effort and create assists as well as taking the ball from deep positions to create scoring opportunities/get goals.

Boyd gets the ball and he's doing one thing, going for goal regardless if he is in the best shooting position or not and the only way he's getting the ball is by being a lazy bastard waiting on the others working their cunt off to get the ball up the park before performing a tap in. The service he requires is a ridiculous amount more than the like of jelavic,Naismith or Lafferty.