McCulloch again.

FUDGIE52

Cool, we'll just play with a midfield of 4 attacking players then?

Why would we do that?

Do you really think that not playing with a holding midfielder means we have to play with 4 attacking players?

I know you're young, but you must have seen midfields that work without someone dedicated to protecting the back 4.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so at Ibrox beating the worst Hibs team ive seen in years,bring on big Jig,to score us more goals,fkn unbelievable,and by the way against ten men,sorry but i would never slag Ally but his undoings this season has been 'he is more afraid of losing' a game than going out to win what, was obvious against mediocre opposition in Europe.

so at Ibrox beating the worst Hibs team ive seen in years,bring on big Jig,to score us more goals,fkn unbelievable,and by the way against ten men,sorry but i would never slag Ally but his undoings this season has been 'he is more afraid of losing' a game than going out to win what, was obvious against mediocre opposition in Europe.

Take a deep breath, and type it again.

Why would we do that?

Do you really think that not playing with a holding midfielder means we have to play with 4 attacking players?

I know you're young, but you must have seen midfields that work without someone dedicated to protecting the back 4.

I'm not saying every midfield needs a Makalele-style holding player - but just about every team in world football always have a midfielder sitting deeper than the rest..

Based on his recent performances he should not be in the squad. If this was a bit part player getting flung on as we are cruising then it's not a problem but that is not the case. Mccoist would have gave him game time today regardless of the score. He embarrassed himself/us by talking shite to ensure mculloch was available for the phiggery and he cannot seem to see the guy is complete dross. Allys insistance with him is baffling.

A better performance today overall however. Am wondering if without the lazy option of a punted long ball we were forced to put the ball down and play? Turns out we are pretty good at it and that was allowing for a couple af shady performances.

Davis? Best game in ages. Edu seems to have realised he can move the ball before his third touch and looks much better. Aluko should be given a long term deal asap. Have a good feeling about the new boy (fuck the) - strong, pacey, direct with a bit if arrogance about him.

That's all from me. Cmon the bairns. Good night bears.

When McCulloch came in he made a few mistakes which almost cost us a goal, but thanks to McGregor we managed to sort this out. I dont understand why would Rangers need a defensive midfielder with 3-0 up and playing against 10 men. McCabe shouldve been given a chance. McCulloch is not guilty for the situation hes in. Hes just a poor football player, far from good enough for Rangers, 33-years old and clearly past his best. Its the managers fault that people dont like him, cause he plays him everytime hes fit. Baffling...

To those who are saying 'well we won, so it doesn't matter', I made an article complaining about McCoist's team selection about 2 months back - i.e. Papac left mid, Bartley centre mid, Wylde on the right etc.

I was told pretty much to stop complaining and that Ally was right to pick these teams because we were 12 points clear, I think it's pretty much the same here. Look where we are now.

We won, but when Ally is making bad decisions and not really learning from his mistakes it puts us in a vulnerable position.

Hi altar boy. Tomorrow's rape day at the chapel for you.

Big Jock sucking cocks in hell with Desmond White must be a disappointment to you.

What kind of horrible, bawfaced cunt doesn't report child rape? Worse than the vatican nazi, IMO.

Why don't ye jist come right oot and say whit ye think..........................................

When McCulloch came in he made a few mistakes which almost cost us a goal, but thanks to McGregor we managed to sort this out. I dont understand why would Rangers need a defensive midfielder with 3-0 up and playing against 10 men. McCabe shouldve been given a chance. McCulloch is not guilty for the situation hes in. Hes just a poor football player, far from good enough for Rangers, 33-years old and clearly past his best. Its the managers fault that people dont like him, cause he plays him everytime hes fit. Baffling...

These are the kind of games that are perfect for a youngster imo. unless he royally fucks up, we're not getting anything other than 3 points, so let some kids out to get some experience. would have been nice to see McCabe get a shot.

i also dont blame jig for playing - if McCoist kept picking me to play, he'd be my new god. would be difficult to turn down the opportunity. i think in jig's case, McCoist just doesnt want to hurt the feelings of his mate.

These are the kind of games that are perfect for a youngster imo. unless he royally fucks up, we're not getting anything other than 3 points, so let some kids out to get some experience. would have been nice to see McCabe get a shot.

i also dont blame jig for playing - if McCoist kept picking me to play, he'd be my new god. would be difficult to turn down the opportunity. i think in jig's case, McCoist just doesnt want to hurt the feelings of his mate.

Aye it's about being mates eh, rangers comes second anaw that eh.

It IS a good win. It was won quite early on.. This is why we need to put people like McCabe, Bedoya (as you said) on.. This would give them competitive game time. You can call it a good win all you like, which it was, BUT(!) when its won, you put youngsters on... not people who are on the 'way out'!

LONG TERM THINKING!!!!!!! That is what we need!

Its not shit though. I am concerned about the fact, that Ally chooses to put a midfielder (striker?, CB?) on who has very little to offer, instead of a young boy who is a great passer of the ball, hungry and NEEDING GAME TIME TO DEVELOP(!!!). This is not about 'not enjoying a win and getting a grip' because, I DID enjoy the win. I'd like to think that we are past the short-term-thinking and have embraced the long term with money being tight and all???

agree with the above 00000042.gif

He has the club at heart, always plays for the jersey, that's why ally plays him, admit he's coming to the end of him career but He will be right up for the battle with the beggars at ibrox if still fit, and he knows, win this league and it will be up there with the best, and they become legends!!, Oh! How I wish!!!

Why, honestly WHY ??

What is it with McCoist and his love affair with McCulloch, nae herm to Lee McCulloch but he is spent, but yet again McCoist feels the need to bring him on when we are 3-0 up against 10 men with 15mins to go and playing a team who are utter garbage and look a good bet to be relegated. Surely McCoist could have given one of the young lads on the bench today the last quarter of an hour there was no way we where in any danger of losing anything so why wont McCoist bring on the likes of young McCabe instead of someone who is well past their sell by date.

Big Jig will be important for us in the run in. Isn't that the best time to try and get him fit again?

If we conceded a goal an won 3-1 imagine the crap that would be going on these forums "fell apart the last 15", "end of the world"

Its not freaking rocket science why it was played safe and Jig was brought in to enforce the midfield. We NEEDED a win without conceding, Lee NEEDED a run out after injury, Ally NEEDED that morale boosting 4th goal.

Of course we could give the young Uns a run out ... But Mcabe is not going to feature this season. He is on the bench and probably excited to be there. Jig will feature again. Probably next week. So id rather him have a little sharpness and a confidence boost than someone that's not really gonna be doing much this season except playing bounce games.