Everton deal accepted

Eastcoast Al

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really interesting !

McCoist knows we will have to play alot of this Season with 1 man upfront.

Boyd cannot do that.

I think McCoist wants to play with 1 upfront and that is the reason he has been looking at bringing in creative from the wide areas and midfield.

Just get it done Rangers.

He wants to go, the deal is decent - lets not piss about until the last ten minutes, however convenient that would be.

When did he say he wanted to go? If the club are not forcing him out the door then he will stay. He said so. I guess it doesn't matter what he says though. Seems to me like he is the scapegoat for our financial short coming because he's our best (most expensive player) I think he's getting a raw deal off the majority of our fans. It sickens me.

I hope he's still here come Feb 1st. I bet he won't get anywhere near the abuse and made up stories about him on that day.

Just get it done Rangers.

He wants to go, the deal is decent - lets not piss about until the last ten minutes, however convenient that would be.

I agree, but why NOW accept a figure reputedly turned down earlier.

He may stay at Ibrox.

What we must all remember is that Jelavic has no emotional ties to Rangers or indeed to the SPL. His agent will be also be looking to get a good deal which will be financially beneficial to both Jela and himself (the agent).

Jela has made no secret of his intention to play at a higher level. We can't criticise him for this and we can only hope that a contingency plan exists to replace him.

As I have posted at length on another thread in this forum, I have followed Rangers over four decades and have dealt with the highs and the lows.

We can but hope that there is salvation which will lead us to 4 in a row, but we must also accept that if we are true Rangers fans we will accept and continue our support if this does not materialise.

Sun reporting it as £8million.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4095766/Everton-set-for-8m-Jelavic-bid.html#ixzz1ktbxVAK2

EVERTON are poised to table an £8million bid for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.

And Ibrox manager Ally McCoist is weighing up a deadline-busting swoop for Hearts starlet David Templeton IF the Croatian hitman is sold.

SunSport can reveal Everton approached Gers last night, but no formal offer was made.

Toffees gaffer David Moyes is a long-time admirer of Jelavic and tried to sign him before he moved to Ibrox two years ago.

Everton will use the cash from the £5m sale of Russian winger Diniyar Bilyaletdinov to Spartak Moscow to help finance the Jelavic swoop.

Moyes is in the market for firepower, with his shot-shy Blues scoring just 22 goals in 22 Premiership games this season.

And Jelavic, who has netted 30 times in 45 SPL games for Gers following his £4m move from Rapid Vienna two years ago, fits the bill.

Sunderland, West Ham and Liverpool have all shown an interest in the Croat, yet no one has been able to match Gers' £10m valuation.

But with just 48 hours before the transfer window closes, Everton are set to up the ante.

SunSport understands Hammers manager Sam Allardyce hasn't given up hope of luring Jela to Upton Park, but Gers could find Everton's offer hard to resist.

Any sale now would leave McCoist with little time to secure a big-name replacement.

SunSport understands Norwich striker Grant Holt remains at the top of his list.

But Tynecastle wide boy Templeton has now emerged as a target if McCoist is given funds to add to his squad.

The Gers boss rates the 23-year-old highly and hopes he could be given the cash to sign him in a shock deal.

Hearts are likely to be open to business, with owner Vladimir Romanov eager to reduce the club's wage bill.

Gers are also set to send Spanish flop Juan Ortiz to Almeria.

Meanwhile, Jelavic's mentor has laughed off Neil Warnock's claims he is not worth £10m.

Zoran Vulic gave Jelavic his pro debut at Hadjuk Split.

He said: "When I read the quotes from Warnock I was very annoyed. He is completely wrong.

"Chelsea paid £50m for Fernando Torres and Liverpool spent £35m to buy Andy Carroll.

"If you paid these figures for these players, how can you not value Jelavic at £10m?"

The problem is Jelavic still hasn't played in one of the big leagues and that will keep the price down ... also we pretty much have to sell which again makes buying clubs think there is a bargain to be had

The problem is Jelavic still hasn't played in one of the big leagues and that will keep the price down ... also we pretty much have to sell which again makes buying clubs think there is a bargain to be had

Clubs think there's a bargain because we are an SPL outfit and also because of the tax case, we need to sell to buy because we have so much deadwood, these EPL teams can meet the valuations we set or deal elsewhere, it's insulting and id like to think we won't stand for it.

Perhaps Whyte already has some idea of how the tax case is going to go and knows we need the money? That's the problem everything is up in the air just now :anguish:.

We will never get top dollar for our players because we are an SPL club ... if Andy Carroll had only ever played up here there is no way we would have got anything like £35 million for him

Perhaps Whyte already has some idea of how the tax case is going to go and knows we need the money? That's the problem everything is up in the air just now :anguish:.

We will never get top dollar for our players because we are an SPL club ... if Andy Carroll had only ever played up here there is no way we would have got anything like £35 million for him

Im not expected the kind of obscene figures such as the Carroll case, mind still boggles with that one.

Im not going to speculate on the tax case however this deal is looking like £7/8million in total with £3.5million up front, for whatever reason a few people got wind of this, put out that we had accepted £3.5million and then a lot of mess ensued.

Look at it this way mate, if we really did need the money why knock back bids of millions more to accept a bid of less than when we bought him? Doesn't make sense, will be an interesting 48hours ahead and lets hope Ally has someone lined up when the next party joins the bidding (tu)

Can't see this as true unless there's plenty of add on's to give us security in the future. Has Jelavic not realised that Everton and Liverpool are two different things altogether?

Haha! Be like Robinho when he thought he was going to United & ended up at City!

For everyone saying about us accepting £3.5million, it looks like it is a bid of around £6/7/8million but with the sum of £3.5million up front, poor journalism and twitter speculation has led to the confusion with this bid.

Relax people, im sure we will know soon......

In 48 hours :sherlock: