£45M operating costs...£35M in revenue

Adoniram

A quote used not only by Whyte but Bain before him that if you miss out on CL revenue the costs associated with running Rangers FC means an average annual loss of around £10M.

Now either costs have to come down or income streams increase.

Given that the scope for increasing revenue is limited thanks to the JJB deal and fixed TV income then the logical conclusion is you must cut costs.

The only way a company can cut costs dramatically and quickly is in staff wages.

Take away all the shite and misinformation surrounding Whyte.

Ask yourself this question....what would you do if this was your business and your annual operating costs resulted in a £10m loss each year?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no point in trying to talk sense on here nowadays as people would rather believe AJ, Paul Murray or the rhags than actually think for themselves.

I was reading a post on the sun website that we not have a VAT bill of £44m, a possible tax bill of £49m and are £42m in debt.

A quote used not only by Whyte but Bain before him that if you miss out on CL revenue the costs associated with running Rangers FC means an average annual loss of around £10M.

Given that the scope for increasing revenue is limited thanks to the JJB deal and fixed TV income then the logical conclusion is you must cut costs.

The only way a company can cut costs dramatically and quickly is in staff wages.

Ask yourself this question....what would you do if this was your business and your annual operating costs resulted in a £10m loss each year?

Being honest the last thing i would do is increase my costs by £8m per year by taking out a loan on future revenue.

The gap is now £18m per year, not £10m :disappointment:

Well, it certainly looks like the club are actively seeking to increase revenue, by opening the office in London and travelling further field to improve 'the brand'.

Wages have been cut in this transfer window, will they be cut again this summer, assuming we fail to qualify for the CL, I would guess so?

We need to find new revenue streams, until we do then costs must be cut accordingly.

The dream is to live by our own means and any euro income is a bonus. With our current squad state then clearly we need to increase the revenue by 10m and then some.

I think now we just dont know who to believe with this shite .

If we go to the wall then lets get on with it ,but to come back to the backwater that is the SPL would be pointless.

The days of spending in the SPL are over ,gobe ,finnished we go the youth route and get over all this negative shite.

We must cut our cloth to suit .

Thats it in a nutshell.

If we survive this Tax thing then i say we should go after every media outlet that prints a negative story about Rangers, and ban them from entry.

If we lose it then we apply for English lower and work through it.

Success will return only if we steer this ship through the correct way .

Last night the Records timing was immpecable and we now know our enemies very very clearly now.

Note Talksport trying to gey a hold of CW should be worth listening to .IMO

Being honest the last thing i would do is increase my costs by £8m per year by taking out a loan on future revenue.

The gap is now £18m per year, not £10m :disappointment:

More negativity, but what would you do ?

Either the money will fill that gap or remove the tax bill, so your premise is wrong.

If you have other ideas, enlighten us and maybe CW will read them.

Dead right. Although I think the fans just need transparency. If we had been told jela would be sold and not replaced as we needed the money at the beginning of January, then I don't think there would be so much doom and gloom this morning MOst bears would have been glued to sky sports til the end of the window waiting for a signing. We should have been told before hand not to expect anything. We lost 7-8 squad members during January, including our best player and our captain, in the belief the reason was to free up wages. Mr whyte can do what he likes, but the fans should be considered, at least told more information. I still think this will make our team stronger as a unit, I personally think we will win the league again. I just hope we don't get any more injuries

Maybe the first thing you don't do is sanction 5 year contracts at £1M+ a year for several players.

Then how come we were able to use whacks of the CL monies to bring down the debt, pay off outstanding transfer fees we still owed (wasn't it about 8 million ?) and buy Jelavic and still show a profit ?

Maybe the first thing you don't do is sanction 5 year contracts at £1M+ a year for several players.

Or you look to protect your main sellable assets which increases their potential transfer value should you need to sell them.

Two ways to look at it.

If he hadn't sanctioned the new contracts then it is a real possibility that the likes of Whittaker,Davis and Mcgregor wouldn't be here. And that being the case the fees we would have got for them would have been considerably lower due to the short length of time left on their contracts.

Then how come we were able to use whacks of the CL monies to bring down the debt, pay off outstanding transfer fees we still owed (wasn't it about 8 million ?) and buy Jelavic and still show a profit ?

From memory is that not because we brought in circa £15m to £18m in extra revenue as a result of those CL games.

More negativity, but what would you do ?

Either the money will fill that gap or remove the tax bill, so your premise is wrong.

If you have other ideas, enlighten us and maybe CW will read them.

I simply wouldnt have bought our club if i didnt have enough money to fund all the gaps from Day One. (tu)

I agree and a harsh reality will set in today with many, longevity is vital and not to mention uncertainty of a little tax case, we can blame fans for being upset because there emotions are everywhere but there is a bigger picture in all of this and one that we will eventually need to accept, I just fear a backlash from fans who seem to be total oblivious to this or any problems and there severity

Come out and tell the supporters/fans the truth asap , give us real figures on debt levels , expenditure levels , spending power/ and if we have an overdraught facility and if it is being used and if so , is it manageable ,

Why? erious question, why do people, "ordinary" fans want to know the figures and the details? What use is it? I have been wondering about that. The only time these figures, or, peoples interpretations of them appear, is via a bheast site/article trying to legitimize the doom and gloom. How would you know, if you got these figures, whether it was manageable or not?

Dead right. Although I think the fans just need transparency. If we had been told jela would be sold and not replaced as we needed the money at the beginning of January, then I don't think there would be so much doom and gloom this morning MOst bears would have been glued to sky sports til the end of the window waiting for a signing. We should have been told before hand not to expect anything. We lost 7-8 squad members during January, including our best player and our captain, in the belief the reason was to free up wages. Mr whyte can do what he likes, but the fans should be considered, at least told more information. I still think this will make our team stronger as a unit, I personally think we will win the league again. I just hope we don't get any more injuries

To be honest we didnt seel our captain as he hasnt played this season and at the moment I wouldnt say Jelavic is our best player.

There is one good way to try and get us out of this and that is to get more people attending games. Whe I was young(20 years ago) it was a mighty fight to try and get tickets for games, nowadays you look around and the place is empty.

I simply wouldnt have bought our club if i didnt have enough money to fund all the gaps from Day One. (tu)

Is that a serious answer? Would your preference have been for the club to go under with a whimper, and, nobody trying a damn to do anything about it? Have you any concept of how business turnarounds work?

I agree and a harsh reality will set in today with many, longevity is vital and not to mention uncertainty of a little tax case, we can blame fans for being upset because there emotions are everywhere but there is a bigger picture in all of this and one that we will eventually need to accept, I just fear a backlash from fans who seem to be total oblivious to this or any problems and there severity

The harsh reality as you put it is that many fans are still living in the Murray era when spending money we couldn't afford became the accepted norm. Even now you get people moaning like feck that we didn't spend millions on new players in January totally oblivious to the fact we simply haven't got it to spend.

The Tax case really is hurting us badly in terms of transparency and day to day operations.

This has to be settled one way or another permanently before we as a club can move on and make proper clear plans for the future.