Jimmy Calderwood for Rangers manager?

makershaker

Like it or lump it, Super Ally will be here until (at least) the end of the season.

I'd imagine that very few managers would want to touch the current Rangers job: limited squad base and no immediate funds to bring in players (not to mention a closed transfer window excl free agents).

I actually wanted Butcher as the successor to Walter.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how anyone can criticise Ally, he's tried his hardest to get in the players we needed. No one else would do any better in his position let alone Calderwood.. Do me a favour. If Ally had got the money he was promised we would still be sitting top of the league.

I don't see how anyone can criticise Ally, he's tried his hardest to get in the players we needed. No one else would do any better in his position let alone Calderwood.. Do me a favour. If Ally had got the money he was promised we would still be sitting top of the league.

1 - simple one, Papac at LM! When, we have, Aluko, Wylde, McKay, Kerkar available. Explain that?

2 - He was top of the league, with no money, and, threw away a massive lead. Explain, Smith last season? He "did better", with more or less the same players, but, now we have 2 better CBs!

Calderwood is a shite manager, end of.

Jogra - could you either post the link to the expose you did, or PM me with the details? Straight up honest request, just that I've seen you refer to this before but wasn't sure if what you were saying was based on fact or opinion and would welcome the chance to (impartially) review what you think about Ally's poor management.

Thanks,

After looking at Allys body language yesterday i think he just cant seem to motivate these players, sadly i thik Ally is more suited to being a number 2.

SO..... If we have to replace Ally it wpuld have to be with somone that would'nt command a high wage, thats used tae working with no money and loves the club.....

I'd go for Jimmy Calderwood..... Would be perfect for us. Could'nt do any worse surely?

opinions on this please?

doh

After looking at Allys body language yesterday i think he just cant seem to motivate these players, sadly i thik Ally is more suited to being a number 2.

SO..... If we have to replace Ally it wpuld have to be with somone that would'nt command a high wage, thats used tae working with no money and loves the club.....

I'd go for Jimmy Calderwood..... Would be perfect for us. Could'nt do any worse surely?

opinions on this please?

Your opinion is bollocks, is my opinion

1 - simple one, Papac at LM! When, we have, Aluko, Wylde, McKay, Kerkar available. Explain that?

2 - He was top of the league, with no money, and, threw away a massive lead. Explain, Smith last season? He "did better", with more or less the same players, but, now we have 2 better CBs!

Calderwood is a shite manager, end of.

Yep I'll give you Papac at left mid. I can't explain that. I wouldn't say we do have two better centre backs, Weir and Boughy are better than Goian imo.

It's easy to explain the massive lead, we lost our best player (Naismith) we also lost a striker in decent form in Lafferty and Jelavic did not look interested a lot of the time this season, where as last season he was fantastic.

However you said end of so I guess that means you're right :rolleyes:

Also I wouldn't say Calderwood is a "shite manager" as you so eloquently put it, how many times did he get Aberdeen 3rd? Look at them now, I'd say he isn't a good enough manager to manage Rangers.

For a starter, Ally McCoist won't chuck in the towel,and nor should he. Sure he has made some very bad errors of judgement,but it's up to him to rectify these and win this league and keep his job for next season.

Jimmy Calderwood? I'd rather have Terry Butcher,and I sure as fuck don't want him managing our club. :anguish:

No Tim here i'm afraid for all you doubters. Former season ticket holder for 10 years in the main stand.

I love how people here mock me for suggesting Calderwood yet go on to say they want big Terry Butcher. Yes Terry Butcger would be a good choice but Calderwood has been a more successful manager. Plus a pal of mine played for Dunfermline and said that Calderwood and Jimmy Nichol's management,training methods etc...were spot on.

And plus he's a big proddy!