McCoist Reaction

derekweir29

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2611161

ALLY McCOIST says he will continue to work hard to take the club forward after Rangers moved in to administration today.

The Light Blues boss admits it was a dark day for the team he has supported all his life but he will do everything he can to contribute to its rise again as the club works for a stronger future.

He said: "That's the aim. That's the thing we want to assure the fans and the players and the workforce of.

"We will be doing everything to make sure Rangers comes out the other side far better and far stronger.

"There's no getting away from it. It has been a very disappointing and black day.

"We have 140 years of fantastic history at this football club but the most important thing is that we look to the future and the next 140 years.

"Going in to administration obviously wasn't ideal but it's the opinion of many people that it might be the best thing for this football club.

"Everybody at this football club wants the club to continue, which it will do that's for sure, and this might just be the best way forward.

"So we have to adjust to what's happened, react to it and take the club forward and we aim to do that."

McCoist remains positive that he can do that and that he can rally his players to perform in the face of adversity.

He added: "I'm very positive. I have to be and we all have to be at this time and in this situation. There is no place for negativity and there can't be.

"There is no hiding from the facts and you can't argue with those but we are where we are and we're faced with what we're faced with, and we have to be positive.

"I've spoken to Craig, to the staff and to the players and we all agree that we must do our best to take the club forward.

"That will be the case and I can assure all the fans of that.

"The players are professionals. We have a fantastic group of, a talented group and they are at home in training and on the pitch. That will not change.

"Obviously like everybody else there will be people concerned about their jobs and their welfare and we appreciate that.

"But everybody is of the same opinion; that we must rally together and take this great club forward.

Ironic to see our best ever player coaching the club at its worst crisis. Hopefully McCoist will be the one guiding us out of this mess and bringing the club back to glory again after all this shite is over (tu)

I said to my old man tonight i,m just glad we have ally as our manager

especially now and not have had some foreigner in place who may not have stayed around.

We have a manager who loves this club through thick and thin

I,m 100% in backing the boss and the players to move this club forward .

Never has jock wallace,s words of battle more appropriate as from today .

That guy must be hurting from the core. He must know more than us, and what's really going on behind the scenes. To be able to muster up the positivity & come out with such a strong, positive statement is superb!!

Thank you Ally!! :praise::praise:

Absolutely. When it showed you him leaving Ibrox on Sky earlier on he seemed to be somwhere between shellshocked and heartbroken :(

Absolutely. When it showed you him leaving Ibrox on Sky earlier on he seemed to be somwhere between shellshocked and heartbroken :(

I missed the news....sort of glad I did now. But make no mistake....Super will bounce back. He'll find some way of seeing a positive in all this mess!! I can't wait for Saturday now.....Ibrox should be rocking, with the fans giving 100% to the players, staff & management!