High Earners Willing To Take Wage Reduction

Dietspam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, no paper quotes yet, maybe tomorrow. Darrell King was talking to Frazer Wishart who was with the players today. Darrell said he'd heard it and asked if Frazer could confirm, but he couldn't for obvious reasons.

Didn't big Amo do the same? I'm sure he took a drop in wages when we downsized in the McLeish era.

I might be kidding myself on here but I'd be fairly confident in thinking that some of them would play for free at least for a while.

Shagger, McCulloch, Lafferty and Davis spring to mind.

Lucky to have fans playing for the club. (tu)

I don't want to try & put a negative spin on things, but apparently during the meeting with the administrators, it was Davis, McCulloch & Shagger who were leading the questions...including asking for reassurance that they would be paid this month. I don't blame them one bit for doing so, as they have bills just like the rest of us. But I'm not so sure they'd play for free. (tu)

That said, I am certain they would take a wage cut to help the club!! Hero's one and all if true!!! :clap:

Just heard on the radio there that our top earners at the club noted that they are willing to take a wage reduction. Good to hear at times like this that they are not money grabbing idiots and actually care about the club. (tu)

thats loyalty for you,fair play to the lads,lets reward them with a full house this week end.

According to Talk Sport it was the senior players asking the Leading questions as they were nominated by other players to be spokespersons for entire club. Confirmed by Darrell king (II think) on same show that the players who earn higher wages are willing to take a wage cut to ensure that players and staff don't lose their jobs!

Amazing statement and would expect nothing less, although I do feel players and staff will still be trimmed next week.

We don't do walking away!

According to Talk Sport it was the senior players asking the Leading questions as they were nominated by other players to be spokespersons for entire club. Confirmed by Darrell king (II think) on same show that the players who earn higher wages are willing to take a wage cut to ensure that players and staff don't lose their jobs!

Amazing statement and would expect nothing less, although I do feel players and staff will still be trimmed next week.

We don't do walking away!

Aye shags and mcCulloch and maybe davis were the ones talking. Was on the news.