McKay Off........

amcewan

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look forward to hearing the truth come out. Alot of people mocking him on the thread but having seen for years and seeing what rangers currently have I can assure you he deserved a run of games and should be starting left mid ahead of papac anyway. I doubt McKay will ever tell us what really happened though

You would rather see any of they 3 leave, 3 guys who helped us win 3 in a row and cups, before a guy who has done fuck all for us? <cr>

Odd indeed

With all due respect to them, I'd be very happy for these boys to be sold if it meant we could keep someone like Naisy on our wage bill. Happy to get rid of guys who never played before anyone who we know can contribute to the future of our club

A warning: I'm not a Rangers fan, so you may prefer to stop reading now.

Nor am I a Brisbane Roar fan. But I began coming to this site last year and even watching Rangers games in the middle of the night (Australia time) to see how Matt was going. His fantastic performances for our national team had surprised me (and many others) and won me over. I was drawn to his story: that of a late-bloomer, who used his brain and worked very hard to make up for his lack of size, power and talent. He came to consistently dominate much more-fancied players.

Of course, I didn't see much of McKay at Ibrox. But I did get to see quite a lot of the Rangers and other SPL teams. And it's clear that Matt is a cut above most of your starting players, and far better than most starting SPL midfielders.

But more importantly for me, watching Rangers showed me that the A-League is a good league that is at least comparable to the SPL. It's nice to know that, after hearing so many people (we call them Euro snobs) rubbish our league in its early days. Sure, the SPL is more direct and, as a result, a faster league. The A-League is played in the Australian summer, after all. But our league also seems to have more variations in tactics and tempo. Importantly, it's improving noticeably each year.

My point? Rangers had my attention for a while but, rather than gain a fan, it made me lose any latent interest in the SPL. Yeah, I'm just one person. But who knows how many others, from Australia or elsewhere, have been attracted by the transfer of a player they admire, only to become disgusted by how a once-great club now plays. Don't get me wrong: clubs shouldn't buy players to expand their 'market'. But I've been amazed that so many of you assume McCoist must be right about McKay. Watch your team, then try watching a few games in other leagues around the world. You're supporting a turd.

There's a debate in Australian football circles at the moment about where we should look to, as a country where football is growing, for expertise, coaches and so on to guide us. Some pundits are fiercely anti-British, saying the English and, in particular, Scottish influence on our game held us back for decades. Rangers, and the McKay episode, are the latest example supporting their argument.

Adios.