McKay Off........

amcewan

you know i find it somewhat hilarious at the posters who write him off, they're the same type of folk who wrote off kerkar, aluko and edu, amazing how game time and a little patience pays off, hell most likely the same folk that said mccoist would amount to nothing during his playing days.

:wanker:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know i find it somewhat hilarious at the posters who write him off, they're the same type of folk who wrote off kerkar, aluko and edu, amazing how game time and a little patience pays off, hell most likely the same folk that said mccoist would amount to nothing during his playing days.

:wanker:

That's a fair point. The very small amount I saw of him suggested he was fit and quite tidy on the ball but obviously Ally didn't fancy him so I think it's very unlikely a "last minute plea" was made for him to stay.

He wasn't prepared to be patient by the sounds of things in that interview. Sounds like he fancies himself.

He's a 29 year old international who wasn't even making the bench when the likes of Jig, Ortiz, Bartley, Papac, Wallace and just about everybody else was getting a shot in the two positions that he can play.

I'd have left too.

He wasn't prepared to be patient by the sounds of things in that interview. Sounds like he fancies himself.

He's an international and was a key member of the Australian team ( not playing this week because of suspension ). He's had hardly any first class games for Rangers in months - and every sign ,except for the recent interview with Ally, that his exile to the stands would continue. The Australian coach is considerably less than happy, and one would imagine that hangingon in the desperate hope that Ally would finally relent would have meant the end of Matt's international career.

Given his role in the Australian team, his having captained the Roar to the double of premiership and grand final, and his being universally admired in Australia, I would hope he does fancy himself. Pity Ally did not appreciate him, or could not fit him into the Rangers more traditional British style of football. (As I've argued before, he would have been better suited to St Mirren's style)

He's an international and was a key member of the Australian team ( not playing this week because of suspension ). He's had hardly any first class games for Rangers in months - and every sign ,except for the recent interview with Ally, that his exile to the stands would continue. The Australian coach is considerably less than happy, and one would imagine that hangingon in the desperate hope that Ally would finally relent would have meant the end of Matt's international career.

Given his role in the Australian team, his having captained the Roar to the double of premiership and grand final, and his being universally admired in Australia, I would hope he does fancy himself. Pity Ally did not appreciate him, or could not fit him into the Rangers more traditional British style of football. (As I've argued before, he would have been better suited to St Mirren's style)

Can't believe so many are slagging the guy off for saying enough is enough. If it was me i would have done the exact same thing. To sit waiting and waiting for a chance then seeing guys like McMillan, Kerkar, Papac and Bartley all play in midfield ahead of you was one boot in the balls too many.

My hunch is he was a replacement for Davis but the move never materialised and McKay was surplus to requirements.

Knocks our repuation for six down under as well as this will undoubtedly put players off joining us in the future.

Can't believe so many are slagging the guy off for saying enough is enough. If it was me i would have done the exact same thing. To sit waiting and waiting for a chance then seeing guys like McMillan, Kerkar, Papac and Bartley all play in midfield ahead of you was one boot in the balls too many.

My hunch is he was a replacement for Davis but the move never materialised and McKay was surplus to requirements.

Knocks our repuation for six down under as well as this will undoubtedly put players off joining us in the future.

Will not put players off as they are only interested in what is good for them.

He's a 29 year old international who wasn't even making the bench when the likes of Jig, Ortiz, Bartley, Papac, Wallace and just about everybody else was getting a shot in the two positions that he can play.

I'd have left too.

tbh hes a 29 year old who is wanted by clubs from the big leauges of Saudi Arabia and Korea. Indeed his last spell in Saudi Arabia saw him play 0 games.

Imo there is something not right about him. We move on, ffs we lost Laudrup and Cooper before him and still done no to bad.

Unless their international manager tells them they will harm their careers by moving to Scotland. Make no mistake ED this move and subsequent snub has been noticed in Australia.

Point taken, But think we pay too much attention to exactly the amount of support available in Australia. I also believe that International football will not be the force in the future that it is today. The elite clubs are sick of it just now and no doubt making moves to control the International scene.

Years ago no one thought that the player would ever hold the upper hand then Bosman. Also look at the EPL really do they need the FA and the top clubs in Spain and France, Germany and Italy. These clubs are paying fortunes for players to lose them at critical times in the season to possible injury and the knock on to their ambitions in the league and in Europe.

The day will come when they force UEFA/FIFA and the African Association to pay for their players to be involved with international games. And the day will come when they say bye bye UEFA we have our own competition. I know who the sponsors will side with and as we all know about the player and his agent , will be case of show me the money.

I mena we have heard of players complaing when the world cup was in Japan/South Korea that they were in economy while the FA sat in first class.

tbh hes a 29 year old who is wanted by clubs from the big leauges of Saudi Arabia and Korea. Indeed his last spell in Saudi Arabia saw him play 0 games.

Imo there is something not right about him. We move on, ffs we lost Laudrup and Cooper before him and still done no to bad.

Anyone else heard of this spell in Saudi Arabia? I haven't.

McKay comes off as a tosser in that article "wish i had done my research" "i think Korea will suit my style more"

Jeeeeeeeez. Have a sook.

The point is that koreans, and Japanese do play a style more like his than Rangers - and this is presumably one of the reasons Ally didn't play him. Craig Moore who played a more Rangers style while at the Roar could have given him better advice.

If he had done any or more research on the Rangers he would have seen we are the worlds most successful club and a club who demand and expect to win every game, any professional worth their salt would then jump at the chance to play for such a club. Bit of a silly statement by him.

If he had done any or more research on the Rangers he would have seen we are the worlds most successful club and a club who demand and expect to win every game, any professional worth their salt would then jump at the chance to play for such a club. Bit of a silly statement by him.

Yeah, we are a massive draw for every player, they are falling over theirselves to play here in the SPL.

He did jump, but he didn't play.

McCoist should have done his research better, not McKay. If the guy has a style not suited to our game he shouldn't have been signed. I find it hard to blame a guy for signing for us and then not getting a look in. If a club sign you you're entitled to think it's because they want you to play for them.

McCoist should have done his research better, not McKay. If the guy has a style not suited to our game he shouldn't have been signed. I find it hard to blame a guy for signing for us and then not getting a look in. If a club sign you you're entitled to think it's because they want you to play for them.

Have to agree with this, however super has made some great signings, so I guess we can let him of with a few duds in his first year.

Sad it didn't work out - for both of us, but wish him all the best anyway.