Rangers' tax bill is £6m higher than previously thought

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone work this out

according to the BBC there (im not doubting it or defendibng whyte) they said that the money that HMRC got ringfenced for the wee tax case was used to clear the VAT bill owed on the ticketus deal

how is that allowed, i thought ring fenced money meant it cant be touched by anyone, how then could HMRC use it to pay a different bill

thats like your bank going into your account to pay a debt on another account you have with them, is that not illegal?

According to the BBC CW took the £4.1 million and used it to pay his VAT bill re ticketus deal. I don't know how this is possible if its frozen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17146506

According to the BBC CW took the £4.1 million and used it to pay his VAT bill re ticketus deal. I don't know how this is possible if its frozen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-17146506

i thought the BBC said that HMRC took the frozen money and paid this years VAT bill from ticketus

another thing

if we didnt see any of the ticketus cash, i.e none of it ever made it too the rangers accounts, how then do we have to use rangers funds to pay the VAT bill

surely it isnt the clubs VAT bill until the club gets the money

But thats why i'm confused, I don't see how HMRC could take money out of Rangers account and pay off Craig Whytes VAT bill.Thats why I think Whyte has taken the money, maybe as preferred creditor. I would call it plain theft if thats the case.

Fuck sake this shit just keeps piling up doesn't it? Whyte has got a hell of a lot to answer for IMO. He better not step foot back in Ibrox

Looks like it's going to get worse, news wise anyway, who knows what else will be revealed?

He won't be back, he's in hiding hoping this works out and he can fuck off with the money by the looks of it.

Im still confused as to why he appointed the admin staff if they are uncovering all this bad press towards him, he's either naive or simply doesn't give a fuck.

Im still confused as to why he appointed the admin staff if they are uncovering all this bad press towards him, he's either naive or simply doesn't give a fuck.

That does seem a really strange thing to do?

Why waste the time and money taking on Hmrc in court to see who would be appointed to run Rangers admin as no matter who it was all this would have come out anyway.

The guy gets more bewildering by the minute. :angry:

That does seem a really strange thing to do?

Why waste the time and money taking on Hmrc in court to see who would be appointed to run Rangers admin as no matter who it was all this would have come out anyway.

The guy gets more bewildering by the minute. :angry:

It doesn't make sense to me mate, i really don't understand it.

Was he hoping if he fought for his own admin we would believe him over the admin staff? We would think all this was for the greater good of Rangers because he appointed them?

Like i said i can't understand it.