Rangers' tax bill is £6m higher than previously thought

disgruntled_bear

It doesn't make sense to me mate, i really don't understand it.

Was he hoping if he fought for his own admin we would believe him over the admin staff? We would think all this was for the greater good of Rangers because he appointed them?

Like i said i can't understand it.

Well, I think his plan was simply to liquidate and strip us. There may have been repercussions if HMRC had appointed the admin re: his secured creditor status (guessing here). Whether he was going to start a NewCo I don't know. He could have raised funds to finance things by flogging players on high earnings earlier in his 'reign' but chose not to*. Instead he seemingly racks debt up left right and centre, possibly pockets the cash and makes the club liable for it all, even the money he borrowed to actually buy the club. There are those on here who are still waiting to wait, but I swear, it'll be the greatest magic trick ever if he pulls something off. Right now the best we can hope for us avoiding liquidation. Hell, he is plunging us so far into the shit that even that might look like a sensible option soon.

*unless he has, and that is tomorrow's headlines. We are about to get hammered for fielding another team's players! :lol:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it when the press breaks these stories, they always say "we have learned" where do they learn it from? some tim or someone with a grudge who happens to be on the inside.

When I hear these thing straight from the administrators then I'll accept them.

I see wee Whyte has denied it... again.

The thing that confuses me about Whyte is this:

We can all agree that Rangers are in a mess right now, and that a monkey could have done a better job running us, which seems to point to him being a chancer and crook. Yet we had the whole Indian player and US spiel that, at the time, made me think he was trying to open up markets for us. In which case, was he actually trying to do good for the club, or just play the long game/appear to be trying to run the club?

The thing that confuses me about Whyte is this:

We can all agree that Rangers are in a mess right now, and that a monkey could have done a better job running us, which seems to point to him being a chancer and crook. Yet we had the whole Indian player and US spiel that, at the time, made me think he was trying to open up markets for us. In which case, was he actually trying to do good for the club, or just play the long game/appear to be trying to run the club?

i just cant believe he'd try all this knowing full well it would come out into the open

i just cant believe he'd try all this knowing full well it would come out into the open

This is what doesn't make any sense and still makes me think we should await the administrator's report.

It's very odd that a man that's flown below the radar before now should behave in such a manner.

It appears that CW paid the VAT on the Ticketus money with the 4.1m that the courts had ring fenced for the small tax debt. His lawyers are stalling on giving the administrators an insight into the money CW has in his account with them.

He appears to have financed the kitchen upgrade and the screens and the painter work at Ibrox by mortgaing off the income from catering for the next 9 or 10 years too. We probably owe VAT on that most likely.

The little Barsteward has put SFA of his money into RFC. Just mortgaged off everything and hid money in his multitude of accounts.

Amazing just how much of a disaster he is yet some on here still support him.

I can't take this in, at the worst I had him down as a chancer, a con man at worst.

To do what's being reported, he must be, at best, the shittest con man ever to grace this planet, at worst, a completely derranged lunatic!

My last fading hope is that the mhedia have gone into bullshit overdrive!

Whytes worst enemy was HMRC

He was clinging and hoping we get lumped with the big tax case then plunged into admin

Admin came too soon for him, he would have liquidated us, created a pheonix company and sold us for a fucking bomb and all this shit probably would have gone unnoticed

He was never going to spend a penny

Fucking scumbag rat bastard

He was clinging and hoping we get lumped with the big tax case then plunged into admin

Admin came too soon for him, he would have liquidated us, created a pheonix company and sold us for a fucking bomb and all this shit probably would have gone unnoticed.

Just highlighting the gaping flaw in that scenario.

Admin came too soon for him, he would have liquidated us, created a pheonix company and sold us for a fucking bomb and all this shit probably would have gone unnoticed

he could easily have waited until the big case verdict though, if he has money sitting there that he's nicked he could have used that to keep us going until the big tax case, then done what you suggest

it doesnt make sense for him to do it now when he could have avoided it

Go to google images, type in "Craig Whyte", look through the photos of him, then tell me if you think he looks like a smart cookie or someone who's a sandwich short of a picnic.