David Murray

Murray wouldn't have needed to discuss Whyte - only that whoever buys the club - the decision was no longer his to make.

He didn't.

Lastly, gagging orders only work if you agree to their terms and conditions and sign them. If Murray knew what was likely to follow with Whyte, and still signed a gagging order, then he's guilty of purposefully deceiving the very people he made promises to. That's us - The Rangers support.

It's worth repeating: That Murray promised to only sell The Rangers to a 'fit and proper person' to take our club on indicates he was either lying through his teeth, seriously negligent or promising something he could not deliver.

There's no getting away from that.

I'm sure when he said that he meant it...sadly it didn't turn out that way :disappointment:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but you fail to realize that most of us had no idea just how bad the finances were under Murray because of all his smoke and mirrors. How is the average supporter supposed to know how much our expenditure is when put against income? I don't recall having access to these exact figures.

You surely can't say " Ah maybe he did spend a bit too much and it backfired but hey ho those are the breaks" his mismanagement (and that's what it was) was amateurish at best and he did have to put in his own money to reduce the debt because he caused that debt in the first place. Instead of cost cutting though he continued to spend under Walter Smith which meant to increasing debt which was not tackled with any great effort until Lloyds took over the running of the club.

Murray shafted Rangers because he took a gamble and it went tits up, he left us in the hands of someone like CW and his actions since have shown me he has no real concern what happens to this football club.

Winning the EBT case will not take away from the fact his actions lead to high levels of debt and years of mismanagement, the fact we had this EBT case hanging over us made it almost impossible to attract a new owner because of the uncertainly that came with it. Murrays actions helped shape where we are as a club today….right in the shit.

GCL wont have a bad word said about that cunt Murray. Its a Smithers/Mr Burns thing.

It is the only chance you have taking me on in a debate on this subject so i don't blame you for "fixing it" for me...

The fact i said Sir david will be 100% to blame for the EBT's, if he didn't apply them properly, must have escaped that gap between your ears.. (tu)

Fixed that for you.

As a number of our players and staff face being made redundant imminently, I wonder how Sir David Murray feels today.

Let's all spare a thought for the captain of industry as he struggles to select his next bottle of red and decide whether he'll have succulent lamb or juicy lobster for his dinner.

Thanks for destroying my football club and then selling it the absolute bastard that is Craig Whyte, you utterly hateful parasite of a man.

On your head, this awful day lies.

Here, I had succulant lamb and a bottle of red for my dinner. Nothing wrong with that.