Club ethos moving forward

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club has previously and publically stated its origins are: conservative, unionist, loyalist and Presbyterian. The current crisis is not in accordance the highest standards I expect, and trust we all expect.

Agreeing principles fir the Club to adhere is sensible, and defining what we are in a positive and constructive manner will reduce our new 'bad boy' image, which if unresolved could hinder future corporate sponsorship.

I had hoped to receive more support for my ideas, however not to worry. I would still encourage us to debate the principles the club should be based upon, with the intention of helping the Club develop in the future.

Historical point if note - the Presbyterian Covenanters were persecuted during the 'Killing Times' from 1638 to 1688. 18,000 men, women and children martyred (executed) for their adherence to the word of God (caught carrying a bible and the like). Much of the killing took place in Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway. Many migrated to Ulster, then took part in a major migration to the Americas around 1720.

Some fans might wish for a Club with a more secular outlook.

The objective surely must be agreeing, in essence, what it means to be Rangers through and through. We are a great football club, but we are also much, much more than that.

How would you define the best of being Rangers?

Regardless of the OP I'm surprised at the follow up posters anti religion posts.

Or the uneducated nature of some of our support. I am assuming those fans of the anti religion element do not use the saying We are the people which is from the bible? Psalm 95:7. You do not sing the sash my father wore as if your father did indeed wear the sash he would have been a Christian Protestant promoting and protecting the faith. You do not sing our national anthem of God save the Queen. You don't wish to embrace The Rangers proud Protestant history ? Just me ?

The club has previously and publically stated its origins are: conservative, unionist, loyalist and Presbyterian. The current crisis is not in accordance the highest standards I expect, and trust we all expect.

Agreeing principles fir the Club to adhere is sensible, and defining what we are in a positive and constructive manner will reduce our new 'bad boy' image, which if unresolved could hinder future corporate sponsorship.

I had hoped to receive more support for my ideas, however not to worry. I would still encourage us to debate the principles the club should be based upon, with the intention of helping the Club develop in the future.

Historical point if note - the Presbyterian Covenanters were persecuted during the 'Killing Times' from 1638 to 1688. 18,000 men, women and children martyred (executed) for their adherence to the word of God (caught carrying a bible and the like). Much of the killing took place in Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway. Many migrated to Ulster, then took part in a major migration to the Americas around 1720.

Some fans might wish for a Club with a more secular outlook.

The objective surely must be agreeing, in essence, what it means to be Rangers through and through. We are a great football club, but we are also much, much more than that.

How would you define the best of being Rangers?

Definitely no kaffliks.

We need powerful and rousing song to sing; one that is consistent with the Club's history and heritage.

It must be beyond criticism.

I recommend we adopt the BB anthem 'will your anchor hold in the storm of life'. Most Rangers fans will have sung it at some point, in the BB or church services.

I would encourage the Club to promote this. Play theusic loud. Include the words in the programme, even give out the words as fans come in.

In the emotional hurly-burly if our next home league fixture, we need to avoid the tempatation of singing 'old favourites', our enemies will use it against us.

If 40,000 sing 'will your anchor hold' it will be powerful.

However, if anyone else has ideas for alternative new anthems I'd happily hear them. Constructive, positive action is the order of the day.

We need powerful and rousing song to sing; one that is consistent with the Club's history and heritage.

It must be beyond criticism.

I recommend we adopt the BB anthem 'will your anchor hold in the storm of life'. Most Rangers fans will have sung it at some point, in the BB or church services.

I would encourage the Club to promote this. Play theusic loud. Include the words in the programme, even give out the words as fans come in.

In the emotional hurly-burly if our next home league fixture, we need to avoid the tempatation of singing 'old favourites', our enemies will use it against us.

If 40,000 sing 'will your anchor hold' it will be powerful.

However, if anyone else has ideas for alternative new anthems I'd happily hear them. Constructive, positive action is the order of the day.

I agree with all of this being a committed christian. I would love it if we sung more hymns and one other I would like the fans to sing is 'One more step along the road I go' which is quite apt considering the context at this time. With Gods help we can get through this.