red and black rangers

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would rather donate money

Not waving a red and black scarf at ibrox, no chance!

At least man united yellow and green scarfs were their original colours, what has red and black got to do with Rangers?

Can't see this taking off IMO

So we don't have red and black socks then?

On there site it says 100% is goin to gers, think it will be similar to man uniteds green and yellow scarf against there owners.

Aye, but what I'm asking is 'Whats the profit on it?'. Yes it costs £10 for us to buy, but how much of that is going to rangers? £2.50? £5? £9?

I didnt spend my teenage years setting fire to Inverness Thistle scarves just to spend £10 on one 20 years later!

*there wasn't much to do round our way back then, once you'd been round all the sheep.

Reminds me of a story about sheep loving...

A Phd student was doing a thesis on sheepshagging around the UK, he interviewed people in Wales, Yorkshire and Northumberland and asked each of them how they did the deed.

Always the answer was the same: "You approach the sheep from behind and have your way with them".

Then he arrived in Aberdeen. On asking the same question he was told that the position of choice was to have the sheep put it's front legs on your shoulders and then have your wicked way.

He mentioned to the Aberdonian that in other parts of the UK they preferred to do it from behind and got the response: "whit and miss oot on all the kissing".

I'll get my coat.

It's fucking ridiculous, and I can't help thinking this is to line someone's pocket, who has no intention of giving the profit to Rangers.

I don't think the idea is ridiculous, I think its a great Idea -

I couldn't give a fuck what they give us in return for a donation - I guess they want us to wear the scarf like a badge of honour.

I do agree with the last bit of your post though, I would like more clarity on who is behind this before parting with anything.

The reason for the Red and Black is that it will stand out more rather than the traditional coloured scarf which every bear has. The Red and Black links with the Home Socks as well as being the original colours for the borough of Govan. This will be a one off hence the reason why the different colours. The Red and Black will symbolise the fans uniting together to help the club in its hour of need!

"Red and Black until we get our Club back!"

This is the reason the guys that came up with idea has given.

The reason for the Red and Black is that it will stand out more rather than the traditional coloured scarf which every bear has. The Red and Black links with the Home Socks as well as being the original colours for the borough of Govan. This will be a one off hence the reason why the different colours. The Red and Black will symbolise the fans uniting together to help the club in its hour of need!

I understand this but who is behind it and where exactly is the money going ?

Absolute nonsense.

It's very honourable that the person who came up with this idea has done it. Does anybody know who he/she is, I'm also interested in philanthropy? I'm assuming the costs of production have been absorbed, and that the total costs of the scarves are going to Rangers. Although, having re-read the OP, "profits" are going to the club. It'd be interesting to know how much profit from each scarf is going to "the club" and how.

Any answers...?

So we don't have red and black socks then?

Yes, but our colours are still red, white and blue.

We once had a lilac strip, should we therefore wave lilac scarfs about?

Not for me this, any profits will go towards tickets, fair enough, but how much profit? Whoever is doing this could take a hefty wage after overheads and still donate some profit towards tickets.

I understand this but who is behind it and where exactly is the money going ?

It was a Rangers fan on follow follow who came up with the idea about 2 weeks ago and he got in contact with a few people to help him out with it.

I don't know who else is behind it.

edit: if you look at the botttom of the site it says the Rangers supporters trust. So maybe it has something to do with them?