Who decides on the new owners?

Gillete

Dont trust the admin for the simple fact that whyte hand picked them. whyte/admin/ ticketus all in bed togther and rangers are going to suffer if we let them away with it, hope lm wrong but this whole thing stinks.

soundin a bit like leggo laugh.gif

Dont trust the admin for the simple fact that whyte hand picked them. whyte/admin/ ticketus all in bed togther and rangers are going to suffer if we let them away with it, hope lm wrong but this whole thing stinks.

True, he did pick them but they seem to be laying into Craig Whyte daily, telling all and sundry that he's never going to be back at Rangers and telling us that he doesn't even have any claim over the club whatsoever. Why would they do that if they were in cahoots with him?

As for the OP, I would assume that with all the bids, one will stand out over another, considering how many diffiirent complexities there must be in buying a club. The one which is most advantageosu to the long term future of Rangers will be picked...in theory at least

Ouch it must be fucking sore

i still dont understand the position of craig whyte.

if i purchase 83% of shares in a company but struggle to deal with the debt, and then put the business in administration - does that mean the administrators can just sieze my shares and sell them on to who they see fit, without my say?

not that complaining - i'd rather have a consortium of businessmen, who are transparent about what businesses they own and hwo they made their money, rather than cloack & dagger stuff with an owner who is getting dragegd through the courts left right and center and won't divulge his net worth (probably because it isn't sufficient to run rangers).

but the fact that whyte, despite being what seems the legal* shareholder of 83% of our shares, is simply shunned to the side as if he no longer owns them i find pretty bizarre.

*i say legal because we could challenge the deal based on the ticketus scam, but until such times as a judge rules on it, surely Whyte is still the legal owner of Rangers FC.

Whichever group offers the best deal for our creditors.

Clark has already made it clear that future financing has nothing to do with them.

Yes, that was my understanding.

It's a bit worrying though; i think they understand that this isn't just a normal administration, and all eyes are on the process and the outcome. I assume the best outcome for the creditors is the bidder with the biggest wad, but that may not be the best outcome for Rangers. If they do take a broader view, then who do they take advice form as they are not really qualified to make decisions on running a football club - though they couldn't do any worse than us in the last decade or more i suppose.

Despite all the troubles we've endured, i still retain ambition...i want us to grow, be successful, do well in Europe, and dominate the scum; i don't want us to become an over-cautious, under ambitious, middle of the road kinda club. We are Rangers after all! I guess that means i want the investor with the big bucks, business acumen, and ambition rather than the bean-counters with limited resources and a rolling 5 year plan.

Yes, that was my understanding.

It's a bit worrying though; i think they understand that this isn't just a normal administration, and all eyes are on the process and the outcome. I assume the best outcome for the creditors is the bidder with the biggest wad, but that may not be the best outcome for Rangers. If they do take a broader view, then who do they take advice form as they are not really qualified to make decisions on running a football club - though they couldn't do any worse than us in the last decade or more i suppose.

Despite all the troubles we've endured, i still retain ambition...i want us to grow, be successful, do well in Europe, and dominate the scum; i don't want us to become an over-cautious, under ambitious, middle of the road kinda club. We are Rangers after all! I guess that means i want the investor with the big bucks, business acumen, and ambition rather than the bean-counters with limited resources and a rolling 5 year plan.

Agreed, mate.