How Long Can We Suffer Jim Sinclair ?

Elfideldo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the bigger problems we have in this country is introducing competition and apportioning too much significance to results at too young an age.

Stifles development.

I go to the games with my mate and our sons,his wee boy has just been selected for the pyramid system[implemented by Craig Levein and the sfa] called the 20/20,in other words they will be 18 years old in 2020,they are coached at a high level already,with some of the best coaches in the land.They are taught every aspects of the rudiments of the game,and in their last session[he will tell me more tomorrow as we are all season ticket holders],he said it was all about the offside trap.He plays pro-youth with Stenhousemuir fc,who along with Falkirk fc have,for me one of the best youth set-ups in the land,Just ask young David Templeton,because he came through the youths at Stenhousemuir.....

The perfect blueprint in the way forward look no further than the MEXICAN way ahead..Since 2002 they totally revamped their structure and 10 years later they are the current Olympic Champions u-23,and are at the forefront of most age groups,cannot offhand go into detail,but their u-15s are even better.One of the stipulations are that the clubs under 19,s play a full game before the full side play their game to get them acclimatised to the big crowds etc,,.could this work at Ibrox..

do we not have a first team loaded with guys who came through the ranks

when can anyone ever remember a team with so many kids we have developed

Not through design though.And most of these guys,escaped the Sinclair cull.

The guys a Brothmouth and should be no where near our youth set up.

The sellick minded are like peodos in the way sleekitness of the way they will go to ANY lengths to harm our club,any.

First if all, religion should never be a barrier to playing for or being employed by our club, we are not living in the dark ages anymore !!!

Anyway, to the OP, surely his role isn't to ensure victories in games at that level, isn't his role to mould the boys into better players that are capable of progressing , eventually, to the first team.

I don't keep a close eye on the youth teams but my impression has always been that we should have our youth teams playing in the same manner as the senior team (if we know what that is but that's another thread)

the really good youngsters are reluctant to come to us because they realise they have little or no chance of reaching the first team.the glamour of being a ranger soon wears off when they see their mates playing first team foot ball elsewhere while they are sitting in the stand, or the fuckin hoose.we need a complete change of philosophy at rangers ala ajax, lyon, barca etc.

Not true ..............even though it's been forced on McCoist, he is playing young boys in the team now.

It's the one good thing to come out of our dive down to Division 3.

When the two DeBoers finished playing with us we should have given them the Keys to Auchenhowie,with the mandate to produce the future talent from around the globe. I think we missed a big oppertunity by letting them walk away.

do we not have a first team loaded with guys who came through the ranks

when can anyone ever remember a team with so many kids we have developed

Haven't you noticed ? We are playing in the 3rd division. If we couldn't bring in youth players to play at this level we really would be in a bad way. The Killie side that beat us 5-1 in the youth cup last week had seven players with SPL experience, two of them were at Rangers and released by the current regime.

He plays pro-youth with Stenhousemuir fc,who along with Falkirk fc have,for me one of the best youth set-ups in the land

Falkirk have one of the better setups and totally outplayed a Rangers U17 side the other week winning 3-1. Stenhousemuir are one of the poorer pro-youth sides but are getting better and have just sealed a tie-up with Everton.

I already pointed out in the other thread that the last four underage squads annouced by Scotland (u21, u19, 18 & u16) included TEN players that the current regime released and they are now at other clubs. It wouldn't be a concern if it was 2 or 3, but when its hitting double figures there is a problem.

I go to the games with my mate and our sons,his wee boy has just been selected for the pyramid system[implemented by Craig Levein and the sfa] called the 20/20,in other words they will be 18 years old in 2020,they are coached at a high level already,with some of the best coaches in the land.They are taught every aspects of the rudiments of the game,and in their last session[he will tell me more tomorrow as we are all season ticket holders],he said it was all about the offside trap.He plays pro-youth with Stenhousemuir fc,who along with Falkirk fc have,for me one of the best youth set-ups in the land,Just ask young David Templeton,because he came through the youths at Stenhousemuir.....

It depends how we are judging them? Both teams play long ball by default from U11s up and are two of the few teams who promote punting at 7 a side.

When the two DeBoers finished playing with us we should have given them the Keys to Auchenhowie,with the mandate to produce the future talent from around the globe. I think we missed a big oppertunity by letting them walk away.

At that time were trying to cut an £83m debt to a manageable level. We have been downsizing since then.

It depends how we are judging them? Both teams play long ball by default from U11s up and are two of the few teams who promote punting at 7 a side.

That doesn't describe the Falkirk teams I have watched this season. I have seen therm play Rangers 4 times and they out passed Rangers on three of them. Twice at U17 and once at U14, in the other game (u14) Rangers won very easily, but Falkirk still refused to kick the ball long and always tried to play from the back.