friendly or bawbag

ylfb

Durranty - Sat with him twice at sponsor and charity gigs and he was an arse. :disappointment:

The Goalie - Was in his company years ago and he was a drunken dick, was in his company recently, off the booze, and he was a top bloke and great laugh.

Wullie Henderson - Happy to chat away to you always at the club.

Johnny Hubbard and Billy Simpson - :praise: :praise: :praise:

Broadfoot - Sat with him at a sponsors doo - :anguish:

Sasa - Sat with him at another sponsors doo - :praise:

Naisy - Was in his company about a year and a half ago at a night out and he was a top bloke. No airs and graces

Martin Bain :craphead: - Seemed genuine enough. :ph34r:

Alex McLeish - Top bloke

Hately - Full of himself and full of shit

Big DJ - :anguish:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goram, the night Motherwell stopped us doing 9 in a row in the old 12 club in Dennistoun. I was only about 9 at the time and he gave me and my cousin autographs, let us sit in with him and his mates in the back all night and gave us money. Legend.

Nacho Novo, although only briefly at the Piggery. Ended up on someones shoulders! :lol:

Albertz and his maw and da, what a guy!

Ian Ferguson, brilliant guy.

Ian Durrant, as above.

BTW, I've also met Alan Thompson and suprisingly enough he took our banter well. Well I say banter, what I really mean is pure unadulterated hatred.

Played against McCoist a year ago, watched him run the show from midfield and score a wonder goal from the halfway line. He was great banter throughout, even tellin me i was wastin my time goin in a wall for a freekick. At the end of the game he waites on the pitch for me to run in and get my fone for a few pics, he was brilliant and obviously knew how big a deal it was for me. Cant speak highly enough about him; and by christ can he still play.

Met goram a few times in the bookies, always says awrite.

Stuart McCall went to alot of trouble to get tops n things for my brother, i was really suprised at how humble and 'normal' he seemed.

Big Richard Gough, what a guy. Met him in McDonalds in Glasgow Airport when i was a youngster and he asked our family to sit with him, and we got some pics with him - top guy.

Slightly off topic, but I was standing reading the papers in the old John Menzies shop in Argyle St the Monday after we had won a cup final - think it was the 1992-93 Treble season - when this wee elderly woman said to me "did the Rangers win, son?".

I told that we had, and she said "that's good, my grandson plays for the Rangers". I asked her what his name was, expecting her to mention some obscure reserve player. She replied "Richard Gough".

I've met about 70 current/ex Rangers players over the years. Most have been nice enough, special mentions to Michael Ball, Amo, Alan McLaren and Boca. The only two I can think of that ignored fans and didn't sign autographs were Jelavic and Mervan

I was meant to meet with Gazza one lunch, the guy who had organised for him to appear at a dinner speech knew my Dad and had organised for me to meet him that lunchtime, unfortunately it was never to be (dinner speech as well) as he'd just done one of his disappearing acts to Spain :disappointment:

Recently met Boca true gent and made all the better as he was with his bird..... wow

This was the evening of the 4-2 game so the very fact he even talked to a very drunken me was good of him

I also met wee Vlad Weiss at the airport the morning after the league cup final win... the wee man was in a worse state than me and was heading for a fitness test with his national team.

He chatted away great and it was made even better when in walks Kayal we blanked him as you would expect.

Was sat only a row behind Seb Rozenthal and Brian Laudrup in the clubdeck once. Didnt bother them tho ,, but they got proper swamped at half times by the autograph hunters,, both seemed willing enough and friendly must be said.

When I worked some yrs back at Loudon Castle theme Park ,, there was a few players in one day.

Big Ian Ferguson ,, seemed a top lad,, had a bit of banter wae me telling me not to let Paul Mcstay and his kids on the ride in front of him lol.

Stewart McCall ,, only nodded ,, but had his wife and kids with him and was in the cafe eating when i saw him.

I have also had dinner wae Bobby Petta quite by accident,, got invited up to a dinner party at a firnd of the wifes down here in Northumberland about 5/6 yrs ago. The Host mentioned that her daughter was bringing her Boyfriend to dinner and that he used to play in scotland,, and in walked Bobby Petta !!

Have to say he was a top guy (as most Dutch ive met are),, took the banter well,, we ended up havin a good few beers and talkin aboot his time wae them,, and his best mate Geo . Still follows the Old Firm oh and his girfriend at the time was 17 and he must have been hittin the 30's lol.

had a drink with abertz after scotland holland game hes a great guy.Also cuellar used to go to wee coffee place at aniesland and used to talk with him very nice guy.Met durranty at bookies in milngavie just before uefa cup final,think he likes to keep him self to himself but still had a wee chat with him :D

Met Steve Davis after the sporting game! We were heading back down past Ibrox and he came out the exit at the Copland end and straight away said alright, then stood for a good few minutes talking about the game and promised a result in the return leg! Nice guy!

John McDonald, what a great guy, used to live in Moodiesburn, as a kid we used to chap his door near Christmas time and guaranteed he or his gorgeous wife would hand you the standard Rangers pr-signed christmas card, a great player and a top bloke into the bargain.

Met Sandy Jardine twice - didnt like him, twice.

Met Willie Mathieson a lot, an absolute gent with some cracking stories.

Met Colin Stein and Alex McDonald and as with Willie Mathieson, absolute gentlemen.