The RST and the £92k

TheLawMan

In the spirit of allowing both pro and anti opinions I hope, unlike some other sites as was pointed out?

I'm actually a bit perturbed about this, RM differentiates itself from other forums because of it's catholic (will a small c) views. Basically it allows all viewpoints in an open forum and may the best man win.

I'm actually a bit perturbed about this, RM differentiates itself from other forums because of it's catholic (will a small c) views. Basically it allows all viewpoints in an open forum and may the best man win.

I don't know what the banning is for, but I'm going to speculate...

Accusations against Mark Dingwall are allowed unabated, and seen as allowing fair debate, but as soon as someone else a bit more RM friendly had accusations made against him, censorship came into play.

If I'm wrong, then I apologise.

Accusations against Mark Dingwall are allowed unabated, and seen as allowing fair debate, but as soon as someone else a bit more RM friendly had accusations made against him, censorship came into play.

I hope you're wrong.

close enough for government work.

While that may well be the theory it's certainly not the practice.

Bluepeter had this out with gunslinger earlier in the thread - see page 19. Gunslinger knows full well the reason for the decision yet he continues to blatantly lie about the position, apparently intent on sullying RM's reputation by misrepresentation. In addition to bluepeter's posts in this thread, gunslinger was also separately asked tonight to abide by RM rules. But he seemed to want a timeout, so his wish has been granted. The headlines in tomorrow's papers will therefore be slightly delayed!

For the avoidance of doubt, all sides of the argument have been allowed, and will continue to be allowed, throughout this thread and elsewhere on RM. That will always continue so far as I am concerned and is one of the things that RM is rightly proud of.

So there is a 22 page thread asking the RST a question...and the 2 guys on the thread who appear to have the ear, one actually on the board, of the RST are banned?

That is an interesting way to look for answers to questions.

Do you have an opinion about anything that doesn't involve the RST ?

So there is a 22 page thread asking the RST a question...and the 2 guys on the thread who appear to have the ear, one actually on the board, of the RST are banned?

That is an interesting way to look for answers to questions.

RM Admin said yesterday that the good thing about RM was that both the pros and the antis of the RST etc. would be allowed to be expressed on this board, unlike other boards.

When it was put to the test, that doesn't appear to be the case.

It looks like RM and FF aren't so different when it comes right down to this kind of stuff.

Do you have an opinion about anything that doesn't involve the RST ?

Yeah plenty. :)

But when I read on a forum that people want to put a 3-4 figure sum of my money into the Fighting Fund without consulting me I thought I should inform people that I would disagree with it.

Do you have an opinion on anything that doesnt involve the RST? :)

Yeah plenty. :)

But when I read on a forum that people want to put a 3-4 figure sum of my money into the Fighting Fund without consulting me I thought I should inform people that I would disagree with it.

Do you have an opinion on anything that doesnt involve the RST? :)

Yep and if you search my posting history you'll see as much.

But when I search yours it seems you only post to defend the RST.

Funny that.

RM Admin said yesterday that the good thing about RM was that both the pros and the antis of the RST etc. would be allowed to be expressed on this board, unlike other boards.

When it was put to the test, that doesn't appear to be the case.

It looks like RM and FF aren't so different when it comes right down to this kind of stuff.

Nah doubt it mate. Doesn't look like that's the reason they were timed out.

Yep and if you search my posting history you'll see as much.

But when I search yours it seems you only post to defend the RST.

Funny that.

If you mean I was defending the rights of the RST to not donate my money without my permission then yes I will 100% defend that decision.

Now rather than read the answers to your questions in a public forum I will now have to email the RST direct due to them being banned. This means that this argument will continue on here and go nowhere. But then again that appears to be what some people want.

Sorry for not joining in on the forum much. I'm a lurker on many forums but thought I would join in the debate yesterday when I saw an actual RST board member was involved and it appeared we were getting some answers. Unfortunately ,as that was not the case, maybe I should go back to lurking.

If you mean I was defending the rights of the RST to not donate my money without my permission then yes I will 100% defend that decision.

Now rather than read the answers to your questions in a public forum I will now have to email the RST direct due to them being banned. This means that this argument will continue on here and go nowhere. But then again that appears to be what some people want.

Sorry for not joining in on the forum much. I'm a lurker on many forums but thought I would join in the debate yesterday when I saw an actual RST board member was involved and it appeared we were getting some answers. Unfortunately ,as that was not the case, maybe I should go back to lurking.

So have you ever posted on any topic other than to defend the RST ?