The RST and the £92k

TheLawMan

Having read through all 24 pages of this thread, I can confirm that I still know very little about the legal status of the account(s) used to hold the money, or if FSA rules have been followed or broken.

Damn good read tho! :craphead:

Many people found and started using RangersMedia because of the Pravda like mindset that had taken hold at Follow Follow. FF had, and probably still has, some excellent posters, but the promotion of certain ideas and the continual 'sniff sniff' accusations that were made to anyone who didn't share them stultified debate. In my opinion that policy directly led to the rise of RangersMedia. A Rangers forum where posters like AndyPendek, Manticore, OlegKuznetzov, Contacts and WVB could state their usually contradictory piece, 'admined' by the much missed and always excellent Rabbit, without anyone thinking they were Tims or somehow being unfaithful to Rangers was very appealing to many posters.

Gunslinger is a great poster, ShoreRdBear seemed lucid and making an effort to reply. It would be to RangersMedia's detriment if posters like that were being banned, timed-out, or in some other way being unable to post at a very important time for the club.

I'm not a member of the RST and never have been and have particular dog in this fight.

PS Having been on the Shore Road many times it's a brave man who'd ban someone from there!

I don't think that you did on this occasion, so get over yourself.

Your previous post doesn't make much sense to me then, but never mind. Consider me over myself.

Yes, you obviously do, but you're not alone in that.

Thank God for that, I have abandonment issues.

Pretty meaningless, given that he's no longer posting

By his own choice, he's no longer posting. He is free (and welcome) to.

None of your business :)

Hold on a minute...

He broke a fundamental rule, but we're not allowed to know what that rule was or how he broke it.

How are we supposed to know how to stick the rules then? I may be breaking one right now for all I know :pipe:

Hold on a minute...

He broke a fundamental rule, but we're not allowed to know what that rule was or how he broke it.

How are we supposed to know how to stick the rules then? I may be breaking one right now for all I know :pipe:

Just stick to all the rules and you'll be fine :pipe:

Hold on a minute...

The reluctance of the police towards calls for a list of banned songs. Similar to that, it would seem.

I see. Well it seems that I would have to agree that some rules are being applied a lot more stringently than others.

Disappointing RM.

Edit: Also just clicked what rule has been broken by both members. It's fair enough I guess but still can't argue with the fact a lot of the forum rules are broken every day and are not acted upon.

Should maybe define within the rules which rules we are and aren't allowed to break.

I see. Well it seems that I would have to agree that some rules are being applied a lot more stringently than others.

Disappointing RM.

Edit: Also just clicked what rule has been broken by both members. It's fair enough I guess but still can't argue with the fact a lot of the forum rules are broken every day and are not acted upon.

Should maybe define within the rules which rules we are and aren't allowed to break.

That's ridiculous. Of course some rules are more strictly adhered to and acted on than others. Similar reasons that a court would give for not punishing a petty thief to life imprisonment.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that a poster broke a reasonably serious rule. They are warned about that by PM, accept that they've broken the rule, apologise and say it won't happen again. A couple of weeks later, they break the same serious rule. Is a 24-hour posting suspension too harsh? Just right? Not harsh enough?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Promotion of other sites

Members are not permitted to promote another site on RM without the permission of an administrator via the personal messaging system.

Don't see why that was such a big deal.

Nah, it was "signatures should not be more than 110KB in size, 500px wide and 200px high." :craphead:

Promotion of other sites

Members are not permitted to promote another site on RM without the permission of an administrator via the personal messaging system.

Especially when a member of admin asks for names of other sites that would provide a more balanced debate.

Promotion of other sites

I'm assuming this was a joke, but caseyjones seems to believe it. It was a joke, right? :unsure:

You seriously think he had his posting rights removed for promoting another site? <cr> Do you happen to know if gunslinger thinks the same, it would explain a fair bit?

I don't know why he was given the ban. If I did, I wouldn't have needed to ask you.

We don't know what gunslinger thinks as he has been banned too, but you knew that anyway.