Should the Rangers fans eventually own our club?

or...

Should we just have a fans' representation on the board to keep things "transparent"?

or...

Should we be happy to let the supposed "millionaires" own Rangers?

What are the aspirations of RMers for Rangers in the long term?

My own view is that we, the fans, should eventually buy as much of the club as we can, elect proper fan representation to the board, and try to make sure that this is OUR club and can't be put in today's position ever again.

How we do it is something else entirely, but what are your opinions IN PRINCIPLE.

in principle yes absolutely. I don't believe we'll every get to the stage of 100% fan ownership but as part of the ownership model then yes.

How that's organised and who would represent the fans, then you're into a 30 page thread.

Didnt Chelsea not try to move to build a new stadium not long ago but were stopped by the fact the fans owned part of Stamford Bridge?

If we bought shares would it be in just Rangers or have a share of ground/training/etc?

Yes ,Yes, Yes Fans ownership along with some High profile People like Walter and Souness, is the way ahead, and I think a lot of the Guys on here underestimate the Fans .

They have the ambition, and I think if it is Lead Properly then we could Finance a very good Part of the Club,in some way .

If not we will eventually be run in to the Ground by someone.

Depends on what you mean by fans. John Lawrence was a huge Rangers fan and arguably our greatest ever owner. Paul Murray and the other blue knights are also supposed to be big Rangers fans. Personally, I'd prefer to be owned exclusively by Rangers fans with some investing £5m and others £500. The last thing I want is to be owned by some venture capitalist from the USA - however wealthy he may be.

Personally, not a supporter of fan ownership in anything more than a small number to allow a degree of representation. My biggest concern is that you end up with a 'democratically elected' group of people who actually come from a little group, enjoy the power of the position on other fans' money. Also, not sure that we have the income base within Scotland to ever develop further as a club without some degree of consistent investment, which requires at least some degree of wealthy ownership.

Complete fan ownership would be an unmitigated disaster, but having a representative on the board, if they were to be allowed a meaningful voice, would be a good idea.

Do you think if that were the case appointing an ex manager/player our representative on the board is viable?