Who wants Ally still in charge next season?

Sheikh Salim

423 members have voted

1. 1. After all the troubles Ally and Rangers have had to endure this season, do you still want Ally to be in charge next season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ask the Huddersfield fans what they think of him. 90% wanted him out.

I've been impreseed by him any time I have seen him. He appears to have had the same sort of problems within the dressing room that Le Guen came up against, with no backing from the chairman.

i voted no.

very unfair after all the shit ally has had to put up with this season.

but i do feel that with all the rebuilding needed next season we need a very experienced man who has no emotional ties to the present squad.

i am full of admiration for the sacrifices the players are making to save the club but lets face the truth some of them shouldn't be anywhere near a first team jersey for rangers.

lots of tough decisions required and maybe it would be better to have a 'new broom' to do the necessary dirty work.

The poll shows the pro & anti Ally camps are very evenly matched.

The only people who need to get a grip are those who are prepared to diss half the Rangers support as wankers - there are alternative points of view & that kind of intolerance doesn't make a crap situation any better.

Where do I state that half the Rangers support are wankers? According to this poll, almost half the people who voted are wankers with small minds and even smaller dicks. This is in no way representative of our support. I'm confident the vast majority of Rangers fans back the manager who, despite the unbelievable pressure on him in the months since he was appointed to the job, has conducted himself with the pride and dignity that only a real Rangers legend can. He deserves our loyalty and trust right now.....not this anonymous witch-hunt.

Seems some of our support need to re-examine what they want and expect from Rangers. And if loyalty, dignity and pride aren't top of the list, above winning trophies, then maybe there's another club they should think about backing.

Where do I state that half the Rangers support are wankers? According to this poll, almost half the people who voted are wankers with small minds and even smaller dicks. This is in no way representative of our support.

This all hinges around whether or not your opinion of the poll & it's relation to the wider support is correct - ifthe anti-Ally's are genuine Rangers supporters, then you've just answered your own question, and also gone and called them wankers again.

What grounds do YOU have that a poll which is fairly evenly split is not representative (quite a few have responded - you could make a claim in a shampoo advert with that number!) - it's possible that taig saboteurs have added to the keep Ally vote?

Where do I state that half the Rangers support are wankers? According to this poll, almost half the people who voted are wankers with small minds and even smaller dicks. This is in no way representative of our support. I'm confident the vast majority of Rangers fans back the manager who, despite the unbelievable pressure on him in the months since he was appointed to the job, has conducted himself with the pride and dignity that only a real Rangers legend can. He deserves our loyalty and trust right now.....not this anonymous witch-hunt.

Seems some of our support need to re-examine what they want and expect from Rangers. And if loyalty, dignity and pride aren't top of the list, above winning trophies, then maybe there's another club they should think about backing.

Big words from you......hiding behind the anonimity of the internet. (tu)

I've been impreseed by him any time I have seen him. He appears to have had the same sort of problems within the dressing room that Le Guen came up against, with no backing from the chairman.

He got tons of backing. Biggest budget in league One, a totally new squad he put together and, he was a family friend of the chairman. 3 years and no promotion.

No disrespect, because I respect your opinion on most things, but I'd have Ally over him any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I seriously doubt if any other manager could do better given the circumstances Ally has had to deal with throughout the season.

One season with no bullshit is fair is it not?

one season with no bullshit would be fair.

I disagree with your other point though - a lot of people have been quick to say that they doubt anyone could have done better under the circumstances. however, Ally inherited a Championship winning team. even without adding to it, we should be hammering all teams outside of Gary's 11, and doing so with some entertaining football. but we have not. As i said before, i think everyone would love for Ally to be a success at Rangers. the problem is, he is making consistent errors week in, week out.

i'm taking the emotion totally out of this argument. on a fact basis, we have no tactics and our players are played out of position every week. When i see us play, i dont see hope for the future. at what point this season have you watched us and thought - i see what you are doing Ally, and this is really going to pay off in the future? I havent. i just see the same myopic vision for our club that has held us back for a while now.

I wont argue that McCoist has handled himself impeccably during the admin fiasco. He has acted with pride, composure and to put it simply, class. In this regard, i doubt many would match up to him. I just find it difficult to argue with anyone when they highlight his tactical choices.

Maybe you need to read the thread again!

There's a massive difference in 'slagging' and suggesting he's not a good enough manager.

That's generally not true on forum-land. I didn't read the thread the first time, by the way - I just barged in and blurted out my opinion for the fuck of it.

Wouldn't be the first time you've done that. The difference is clear from my reading the thread, most who want Ally out have spoken of the respect and love they have for him and talked about his class throughout this tough period.

Selective reading from people who can't give of a valid debate on this subject, although that's to be expected from someone who gave a positive rep to a complete prick who slagged Rangers fans for voting no. Wonder if he will be in attendance next Sunday and be willing to use the same comments to the faces of the people who voted no that are season ticket holders.

The Internet is serious business isn't it? I'm going to call you 'The Oracle' from now on.

Nah not really, but when it's a forum that's supposed to be full of 'Rangers fans' I find it distasteful that certain members would slate season ticket holders with such comments.

Call me what you wish, couldn't care less, at least I'm not a dick who think's it's acceptable to slate my fellow supporters.

Is that supposed to be ironic?

Don't get high and mighty with me, I've been going for over 20 years and I'll say whatever the fuck I like.

Ya oracle bastard ye.

I expect Rangers to act with Rangers class, and sacking Ally McCoist one season into his managerial career in which he has had the most difficult circumstances to deal with of ANY manager in our great history, when he has MORE than earned a decent shot with his career for us as a player and the obvious passion he exudes for our club and the dignity he carries himself with representing our club, having been DESPARATE for the chance to manage us and biding his time over a number of seasons until he was given the opportunity, is not Rangers class for me.

So he hasn't found his feet in the hotseat yet....who gives a fuck! We have bigger things to worry about at this time and Ally is someone I'm sure we can all agree has the best interests of the club very close to his heart and will do everything in his power to take us through this and come out stronger in time.

You'd rather have some 2nd rate foreign manager who doesn't give a shit would you??! Fuck off.

Apparently some folk already know that Ally will never be a successfuil manager, just doesn't have it in him. Bollocks. Most of the Rangers support said the same about him as a player, if they'd had their way he would never have gone on to become the utter LEGEND that he is. Every manager deserves more than a single season to make their mark other than in exceptional circumstances - let alone someone who is in their first season a a manager, let alone someone having to deal with the amount of shit surrounding our club OFF the field at this time, let alone Ally McCoist who has earned himself getting more of a chance than one fucking season.

If Rangers sack McCoist at the end of this season the for me that will rip the fucking heart out of the way our fine club carries itself even more than the Administration fiasco. I'll tell you one thing, if McCoist got sacked and we went into liquidation and reformed as a "new" Rangers, there's not a fucking chance I would support them - that would not be MY club any more, but a new club without the same history, morals, principles, togetherness and class of the Rangers I know and love.

We are Rangers and we look after our own. I mean is that really the way you want to see Rangers treat it's LEGENDS??!!

No-one deserves a free pass if they aren't doing their job and the club is suffering without much chance of turning it round, but McCoist is far from that point just now.

He has proven beyond reasonable doubt to have true Rangers class, it's a pity so many of our support don't have Rangers class themselves.

I expect Rangers to act with Rangers class, and sacking Ally McCoist one season into his managerial career in which he has had the most difficult circumstances to deal with of ANY manager in our great history, when he has MORE than earned a decent shot with his career for us as a player and the obvious passion he exudes for our club and the dignity he carries himself with representing our club, having been DESPARATE for the chance to manage us and biding his time over a number of seasons until he was given the opportunity, is not Rangers class for me.

So he hasn't found his feet in the hotseat yet....who gives a fuck! We have bigger things to worry about at this time and Ally is someone I'm sure we can all agree has the best interests of the club very close to his heart and will do everything in his power to take us through this and come out stronger in time.

You'd rather have some 2nd rate foreign manager who doesn't give a shit would you??! Fuck off.

Apparently some folk already know that Ally will never be a successfuil manager, just doesn't have it in him. Bollocks. Most of the Rangers support said the same about him as a player, if they'd had their way he would never have gone on to become the utter LEGEND that he is. Every manager deserves more than a single season to make their mark other than in exceptional circumstances - let alone someone who is in their first season a a manager, let alone someone having to deal with the amount of shit surrounding our club OFF the field at this time, let alone Ally McCoist who has earned himself getting more of a chance than one fucking season.

If Rangers sack McCoist at the end of this season the for me that will rip the fucking heart out of the way our fine club carries itself even more than the Administration fiasco. I'll tell you one thing, if McCoist got sacked and we went into liquidation and reformed as a "new" Rangers, there's not a fucking chance I would support them - that would not be MY club any more, but a new club without the same history, morals, principles, togetherness and class of the Rangers I know and love.

We are Rangers and we look after our own. I mean is that really the way you want to see Rangers treat it's LEGENDS??!!

No-one deserves a free pass if they aren't doing their job and the club is suffering without much chance of turning it round, but McCoist is far from that point just now.

He has proven beyond reasonable doubt to have true Rangers class, it's a pity so many of our support don't have Rangers class themselves.

Nobody is bigger than the Club. That includes Ally. Legend as a player and a really nice guy. That does not and should not guarantee him a job as manager. Even Ally must realise that the wheels have come off, in fact it's doubtful we started with them. The present situation has masked the woeful displays. Bad signings, bad tactics and bad team selections. Where have you seen a glimmer of hope in the team displays this season? There certainly weren't enough to suggest that things were likely to improve.

I'll now await the pathetic accusations of whatever against me just because I dare to criticise.

Ally hasn't had a shot with a fully fit team, and with the extreme pressures of the financial/ administration crises that have been placed on him, I think it would be grossly unfair to deny him a chance at glory as a Rangers manager.

Rangers played Celtic of the park in September, apart from a 10 minute spell before the second half. The team looked confident in midfield, maybe lacking a little up front, and Goinegra have been largely successful as a partnership since the first game.

As far European football, well, those were his first games in charge without Walter, and while he is open to some criticism in that respect, I don't think you can pin the blame solely on him and rob him of his title as manager.

Souness struggled to start with as well, and he built the foundations of 9iar. Give Super at least another season, with a fit again Naismith and Lafferty leading the line, and the continued development of boys like McCabe, Little and Perry to consider, we're looking at a strong foundation for the start of next season.

I voted Yes.

He has put up with so much grief at times this season that no manager should have to deal with. Administration and financial issues should not be part of his job description, managing his team should be the only thing he has to be concerned about.

Give him a full season without the hassles that hes faced this season and see how he gets on.

Its the least he deserves after everything thats gone on, a lot of weaker men would have walked without a doubt...but Allys offered to work for free, that sums the man up.

Just a wee note for all you's saying no btw - you werent wanting him out when we were 15points up before the shit hit the fan.

I voted Yes.

He has put up with so much grief at times this season that no manager should have to deal with. Administration and financial issues should not be part of his job description, managing his team should be the only thing he has to be concerned about.

Give him a full season without the hassles that hes faced this season and see how he gets on.

Its the least he deserves after everything thats gone on, a lot of weaker men would have walked without a doubt...but Allys offered to work for free, that sums the man up.

Just a wee note for all you's saying no btw - you werent wanting him out when we were 15points up before the shit hit the fan.

come on, is this a 'i'm a better fan than you' competition? the people saying no may or may not have been calling for him when we had the 12 point lead. i was far from convinced early on due to tactically strange decisions and playing players in odd positions (Papac in midfield for example - the one area where we have an abundance of players). at the beginning of the season, these strange tactical decisions, however, paid off at the time. however, they havent come off recently.

people dont want him to fail (anyone that does certainly is not a true Rangers fan imo). it would be great, fuck it, fantastic, to see Ally lifting the treble for example. but he has to start learning from his mistakes. if we keep ignoring the decisions he makes, we are not helping him. I hope he starts to hear the fans complain about players in the wrong position and maybe has a rethink. or stops playing that fucking long ball. As has been said before many times, no-one is bigger than Rangers. I truly hope he starts to see what EVERYONE else seems to.