Brian Kennedy Visits Ibrox & Murray Park

krissg910

'When Cheshire Sport acquired County back in 2003, I spoke about the urgent need to put the club back on to a sound financial footing in order to secure its future as a self funding business within the local community. Stockport County is now in a position to achieve this. To get the club to this stage Brian Kennedy has personally invested over £4M into Stockport County in two seasons. His fervent belief that clubs should belong to their fans has driven Cheshire Sport's desire to complete this deal with the Supporters' Trust when he could have simply sold the club on to the highest bidder - our sincere hope now is that the town of Stockport will repay that investment and belief by really backing the Trust as Stockport County enters its new era.

Kennedy may not need much money if he still holds these views.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not anti Kennedy but I need to ask where do we get the idea he has more money than 10 people. some of whom are very rich. others aren't even known.

These rich Blue Knights you talk off yet still they have to go cap in hand to ticketus.

Doesn't sound like the very rich to me.

These rich Blue Knights you talk off yet still they have to go cap in hand to ticketus.

Doesn't sound like the very rich to me.

Kennedy may be going to rbs for all we know.

we also don't know tbk full plan.

if kennedys plan is predicated on the removal of ticketus then what does it say about him.

wants us cheap?

doesn't have cash?

knows something we dont?

shrewd business man?

looking to make a killing?

the blue knights could have said nothing like the rest and left us in the dark.

Kennedy may be going to rbs for all we know.

we also don't know tbk full plan.

if kennedys plan is predicated on the removal of ticketus then what does it say about him.

wants us cheap?

doesn't have cash?

knows something we dont?

shrewd business man?

looking to make a killing?

the blue knights could have said nothing like the rest and left us in the dark.

It says he sensible and doesn't want to take on debt accrued by Craig Whtye.

Murray had talks yesterday so perhaps not. though the Dr said he was favorite. no reason to disbelieve that at present.

We've always been quick to discredit the press these days. Right so, however, as some of their "stories" are fucking shite! But, dare I say it, on occasions, they are correct in what they say.

Were some of them trying to protect Scotland's biggest club, after all this time, by ousting Whyte? Food for thought.

We've always been quick to discredit the press these days. Right so, however, as some of their "stories" are fucking shite! But, dare I say it, on occasions, they are correct in what they say.

Were some of them trying to protect Scotland's biggest club, after all this time, by ousting Whyte? Food for thought.

the Dr has been excellent over this. however, I suspect the only motive was selling papers.

Glasgow Warriors play at Firhill, but they wouldn't need anywhere the size of Ibrox.

I heard they were leaving firhill.

not saying he will but the trouble with our situation is he could buy us for 5 million and give us away to the trust. but retain the stadium with us leasing it at a million a year for 100 years.

we need to get our fingers crossed that we get decent owners. no matter who they are.

where is Kennedy getting his cash from?

Well it sounds like he has a lot of cash perhaps just tied up in assets somewhere. Paul Murray's consortium may have a lot more as well but sounds like no one wants tobput up any capitol...they just want a leveraged buyout again ala whityboy.Fuck if this is all that's required I can put a bid in by shifting around some of my pension funds.

I wish PM all the best in his bid but it just sounds too gooey to work on the inside and too shiney on the outside

Well it sounds like he has a lot of cash perhaps just tied up in assets somewhere. Paul Murray's consortium may have a lot more as well but sounds like no one wants tobput up any capitol...they just want a leveraged buyout again ala whityboy.Fuck if this is all that's required I can put a bid in by shifting around some of my pension funds.

I wish PM all the best in his bid but it just sounds too gooey to work on the inside and too shiney on the outside

perhaps. though the best is always saved till last in any pr war.

I have a function on Friday I may find out something good then.