Brian Kennedy Visits Ibrox & Murray Park

krissg910

I can see it being Kennedy.

Hate to say it lads but the admin will make sure that whoever takes over rangers will not be spending lots of money.

And anyway,nobody is going to buy us if there is no dough in it for them or a heavy loss in it for them ! I know Kennedy is a fan and wants to save us from liquidation but he is also a buisenessman.

They might pay our debts off aye..but they will want to reap that back from any profits that we make.

Like someone else said earlier though. Better than liquidation.

I can't see us making any more expensive signings than we have been doing over the past couple of years.

We can stay ahead of the rest of the SPL quite easily but competing financially with celtic is the key.

There again, the other side of the coin says the better signings and wages you pay... Would mean being more successful in Europe therefore bringing in more money ?

Ah fook it...i don't know !

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it lads but the admin will make sure that whoever takes over rangers will not be spending lots of money.

And anyway,nobody is going to buy us if there is no dough in it for them or a heavy loss in it for them ! I know Kennedy is a fan and wants to save us from liquidation but he is also a buisenessman.

They might pay our debts off aye..but they will want to reap that back from any profits that we make.

I can't see us making any more expensive signings than we have been doing over the past couple of years.

We can stay ahead of the rest of the SPL quite easily but competing financially with celtic is the key.

There again, the other side of the coin says the better signings and wages you pay... Would mean being more successful in Europe therefore bringing in more money ?

I think we know Kennedy isn't a fan.

He supports hibs

the Dr has been excellent over this. however, I suspect the only motive was selling papers.

The let the truth out though, you do have to give them that.

It's their purpose, to spread news, through selling.

or unrealistic or even easily fooled.

if he wants us but not our debt how much does he really want us.

Or does not want to be hampered with the ticketus debt like the Blue Knights which would seriously affect any spending on the team or stadium or even players wages.

I think its sensible.

Is it true his wifes family are all bears from the southside or is that a load of shite????

No that is the truth,

I think Kennedy may well be playing a blinder.

He tells us he was a Hibs Fan, and his reasons for doing that may well be the fact that it is coming from his own mouth, much better to hear it from him now , rather than a few months down the line.

He is also giving off negative vibes, looks like he is a little reluctant to take us on, he will put in a bid and if it wins, fair enough, if not no big deal. Not willing to show his hand, doesn't want to alienate the supports of other bidders perhaps.

If this man saves us from liquidation, and gets us on the right track, the adulation he will receive will be overwhelming, for some people that is more important than money.

Well lets fuckign hope so eh ?

No he's not. He is a hibs supporter, and is only making an offer because his wife supports Rangers and all her family.

Which is a strange reason to want to buy us.

I have family who are taigs but, i wouldn't want to buy them if they were going into liquidation just for that reason.

Seems a weird character to me? He has also said he is not interested in getting into football and he hopes he's the fall guy.

Everything the guy has been saying is stuff that Rangers fans don't want to here. Usually when a buyer comes in they hit with all the shite fans want to here but not him.

unsure.gif

I dunno about that but i'm hoping for a clean slate whether realistic or not.

As you say it may not be possible.

this is the crux of the matter.

tbk don't want to work with ticketus they just see it as the only way to avoid liquidation.

its good that we have offers that aren't based on ticketus being removed. its at very least good back up.

No he's not. He is a hibs supporter, and is only making an offer because his wife supports Rangers and all her family.

I have family who are taigs but, i wouldn't want to buy them if they were going into liquidation just for that reason.

Seems a weird character to me? He has also said he is not interested in getting into football and he hopes he's the fall guy.

Everything the guy has been saying is stuff that Rangers fans don't want to here. Usually when a buyer comes in they hit with all the shite fans want to here but not him.

unsure.gif

whyte told us what we want to hear.

I just want the truth.

unsure.gif

Yeah i realise now that he is a hibee...but surely if he took over at rangers then logically he would want the best for us.

If we were playing hibs then i am sure he would be rooting for us.

i am not sure about him ...but i reckon he may get the gig.

unsure.gif

a hibs fan buying rangers is not the same as a celtic fan buying rangers

Brian Kennedy has been quite open about this. He said he was a Hibs fan as a boy. He also said that his wife and her family are all Gers fans and that he has watched the Gers when he lived in Glasgow. He also said that he would PREFER not to be the new owner because of all the grief he would probably get somewhere along the line. He would not like to see Rangers disappear as they have so much history and tradition. If all other bids fail, he will step in. Graeme Souness is also a friend of his.

What more can anyone expect of this guy? I reckon that if he did buy the Club it would be run on a far better financial footing than in the past.