The Ginger Rheptile Blames The Country

From Daily Record website, Lennon quotes:

"That's another thing. I can't sit in the stand for my own safety, that sums things up in this country."

CELTIC manager Neil Lennon described his sending-off at half-time at Ibrox as "a joke" and claimed he was "deprived of doing my job properly" during the 3-2 defeat to Rangers.

Celtic were odds-on to get the win required to clinch the SPL title - but Ibrox midfielder Sone Aluko scored a marvellous solo goal in the 11th minute to spark another afternoon of Old Firm drama.

Lennon was raging when Hoops defender Cha Du-ri was sent off by referee Calum Murray in the 28th minute for a challenge on Lee Wallace.

The Parkhead boss spoke to Murray going up the tunnel and was then called into the official's room where he was sent to the stand, although he said he had to watch the second half from the media room "for my own safety".

Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama was sent off for a two-footed tackle on Steven Whittaker before goals from substitute Andy Little and Wallace put Rangers 3-0 ahead, with a Scott Brown penalty and a Thomas Rogne injury-time header reducing the deficit - but not the ire of the Parkhead manager.

Lennon has already been asked by the SFA's compliance officer Vincent Lunny for an explanation of his criticism of referee Willie Collum following last week's 1-0 Scottish Communities League Cup final against Kilmarnock at Hampden.

After today's game he said: "The first one is not a sending-off and the second is borderline probably, you can't tackle like that.

"My sending-off is joke. I don't think I deserved to be sent off. My staff are very angry about it, my players are angry and disappointed.

"I spoke quite quietly and coldly to the referee in the tunnel. I didn't swear and didn't point any fingers.

"I told him I wasn't happy with his first-half performance.

"I was speaking to the match delegate after the game and their version of events are different from mine but I've got witnesses to back me up.

"Alan Thompson and our PR person was there, a couple of other members of staff and players.

"I do my team talk at half-time, I walk back out and got called into the referee's room. I have been deprived of doing my job properly when my team needed me. I am very angry about that."

Lennon was also angry that he was prevented from sitting in the stand.

"That's another thing," he said. "I can't sit in the stand for my own safety, that sums things up in this country.

"I would have sat in the directors' box but I was told for my own safety that it wasn't a good idea. I watched the second half in here (the media room).

"The biggest game of the season and I can't go out in the stand to watch my team or send down messages.

"I have Stevie Woods (goalkeeping coach) at the door and he was running up and down the tunnel for me. I might as well have sat in the house and watched the second half.

"When you are down to nine men, it is an uphill task. This is not the first time we have come to Ibrox and had players sent off for little or nothing.

"So today has been soured. I congratulate Rangers on their win, I haven't got a problem with that, but there are mitigating circumstances in why they have won."

Lennon continued his rant against referee Murray, adding: "I wanted to see him after the game and I got a message back to wait 20 minutes later then I could go and see him - 20 minutes later he wouldn't see me.

"So who is accountable? Why don't I get an explanation?

"I have to be very careful what I say but I want some answers and I'm not getting them. As manager of the football club I think I deserve that."

Speaking about Cha's dismissal for hauling back Wallace - which he claimed "changed the game" - Lennon added: "I can't for the life of me see how that is a red card.

"He's going away from goal, he's not going to get the ball and Charlie Mulgrew is getting over.

"Their second goal is offside, Wallace is in an offside position (before his shot is saved by Frather Forthter), so the linesman has not done his job properly.

"We scored two goals and that sums up our players, they keep going until the final whistle, even with nine men.

"I am very proud of the players and supporters."

What an absolute crackpot this guy is ! He's in another world.

"When you are down to nine men, it is an uphill task. This is not the first time we have come to Ibrox and had players sent off for little or nothing.

"So today has been soured. I congratulate Rangers on their win, I haven't got a problem with that, but there are mitigating circumstances in why they have won."

Eh?

"sums this country up"

he braught back the poison to glasgow. did the death threats to willie collum (that he very well may have instegated) 'sum this country up' ?

if he has a problem with this country, i'd gladly pack his fuckin suitcase, and throw in a complimentary tube of colgate.

Didn't even read the whole thing as it will be the same drivel he says every time his team doesn't win. Delusional horrible bitter man that can never admit to his team being outplayed. But his bitterness makes it all the more sweeter, get it right fuckin up him!

Ya fucking crackpot bastard :lol: away ye go ya mental prick , off to the funny farm with you :lol:

Disgrace of a team that are shite dirty bastards , scummy backroom staff that are your minions and ofcourse the fans who are pure disgusting inbred manky tarrier scum :D here we go kickkkkk aaaaa ;)

my pal, a steward at Ibrox, has given me an account of the tunnel incident today(he's not one of the boys out with the fans, he's suited and inside with players and guests in the directors box)

Lemon was asked to go to the refs room at halftime, and refused 4 times, he then proceeded to swear at the ref in front of everyone before the start of the second half.

I asked my pal if anyone saw it, he said about 20 stewards, a dozen Rangers Officials and..........the press, as their room was right beside where it happened.

be interesting to read about it in the rhags eh? silly me, that's not going to happen.

Interesting point he also made was that he was looking after Kennedy and Souness, and Kennedy LOVED it today!!

Wallace was going away from the goal and not getting to the ball? :lol:<cr>

And that Mulgrew was going to make up 10 yards quicker than Wallace was making up 5.

Lennon said on the radio as well that Wallace took a heavy touch and lost the ball... he didn't touch the ball at all, he ran onto it.

They are not normal.

Couldn't sit in the stand for his own safety?? Aye right, & the directors were gonnae do him in. I mean I know he's hated but I think the directors would be able to restrain themselves. BTW, the directors box would be almost empty anyway, whytes sacked most of them lol