The back page of today's record

Thermopylae

The Record version seems to have omitted some of Lemmons more controversial utterings.

Were they changing the batteries in their dictaphones or something ?

Lets hope the compliance officer reads the sun and not the sanitised DR.

NEIL LENNON last night hit out after Ibrox security chiefs told him he couldn’t watch from the stand and declared: “That sums up this country.”

The Celtic boss was also furious with ref Calum Murray who sent off Cha Du-Ri and Victor Wanyama as well as Lennon in a highly-charged clash that saw the Hoops fail to throw the title party their fans were expecting.

Goals from Sone Aluko, Andy Little and Lee Wallace ensured Celtic won’t be able to celebrate championship glory for another weekend at least.

But Lennon’s biggest gripe centred on what happened off the pitch.

The Irishman revealed he was warned not to watch the second half from the directors’ box over fears for his safety in case it sparked mayhem among the home fans. He instead had to watch on TV in the stadium’s media room.

Lennon said: “I would’ve sat in the stand but I was told by Rangers’ security people that wasn’t a good idea.

“That sums up this country.”

Lennon was also furious with Murray for ordering him from the dugout in the first place – branding the decision a joke.

He insists all he did was ask for an explanation for Cha’s red card. Lennon said: “Cha didn’t deserve to go off. The second red card was borderline and my ordering off is a joke.

“I was warned after complaining in the first half but when I spoke to the ref at half-time I didn’t swear or point any fingers. I spoke quietly and I’ve witnesses who can back that up.

“But I was told I couldn’t come out for the second half and that meant I couldn’t do my job properly.

“I did my team talk and then had to watch the match from the press room – and this is the biggest game of the season.

“I might as well have been in the house watching on TV for all the good I was to my players. They’re disappointed and so are my staff.

“I’m taking nothing away from Rangers, who were everything I expected them to be, but the day has been soured for me. I was denied the chance to do my job properly when my team needed me most.”

Lennon is braced for being hauled up before SFA enforcer Vincent Lunny. He added: “Why is it you can’t be seen or heard to criticise referees in any way?

“I didn’t deserve to be sent off and neither did my players. And it isn’t the first time we’ve had men sent off for little or nothing at Ibrox.

“If I’ve to appear before the SFA then I look forward to speaking to the compliance officer. I’m taking nothing away from Rangers but we weren’t allowed to be at our best.”

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When is someone in the mhedia going to tell lennon where to get off. According to him he was advised not to watch the second half in the stand so he's saying that sums up this country. Hang on he is with an organisation whos followers openly glorify murder in this country so we won't be having any attempt from this piece of filth to take the high moral ground :angry:

plg was spat on.

lennons sat in our directors box more than once.

Fucking horrible rhat!

Cha was always on the wrong side and without a hope of getting back so cynically pulled back Wallace. Wallace was closer to the ball than Mulgrew was to Wallace but TLB says Wallace was "never catching the ball" but that Mulgrew was covering Cha. It was a straight forward red, there is no debate to be had!

Wanyama; challenges with both feet, leaves the ground and has studs up. That's a red all day long in football these days. Even if you want to argue for a yellow, how he wasn't already booked for swinging a boot at Aluko in 1st half is a complete mystery. He deserved his red, there is no debate to be had!

What is debatable, however, is how the Celtic captain avoided any card for going at Aluko's knee with his studs!

As to Wallace's goal. To say the linesman has "not done his job properly" is a disgrace. It is a very borderline call on two fronts, firstly he is only very slightly ahead of the defender and secondly is only offside if Lafferty has got a touch on the ball, which after many replays is unclear and my last viewing off it, looked more like it came off the defender if anything which would make it the correct decision. Compare TLB to how McCoist accepted the refusal to allow Wallace's goal at the Piggery...that was another very tight call, and McCoist recognised that it would be very difficult for the linesman to be able to see that as a goal.

He then goes on to say about not the first time we have had reds for little or nothing at Ibrox (I can only remember Lurch for wiping out Naisy and Mulgrew for a stupid tackle while already booked recently...so not sure what that complaint is based upon); basically suggesting a bias towards us...ignoring the fact that the last time this ref had an OF game he sent off 3 Rangers players...hardly a track record that shows a bias towards Rangers!

Finally, the advice for him not to go in to the stands, maybe the police remember the last OF title decider and thought the reaction of the crowd that day "summed this country up" and didn't want to risk a repeat, not realising that there is a marked difference in our fans and theirs!

Silver lining of them winning this league is maybe TLB will want to go on a high (well a tainted, hollow "high") and call it quits, leaving Scottish football and our country a better place for his absence!

My granddaughter sings a song that could have been written for lemmon. It goes something like - "No body loves me everybody hates me, I think I'll go and each worms". Just like lemmon, she has be known to sing it sucking her thumb. That man is needing to grow up and act like an adult. :wanker:

He wasnt happy with his 1st half performance !!

Ie it better be better 2nd half.

He actually sounds like he is in charge of the officials with the way he speaks.

Folk can say what that like about McCoist but he is gracious in defeat and victory. If the tims get beat the referee witchunt begins

Just think about it this way if Wallace had brought down Cha on the edge of the box and only been booked and Jig had lunged into a two footed tackle and only been booked.... Lennon and all the tims would be screaming that they should have been red cards.

They have no class and no dignity, to suggest Callum Murray is in any way bias towards us is an utter joke, that was his 5th old firm match and the first we've won with him as a ref, that's not the stats of a 'rangers friendly' ref

Hmmmmm The bitter one is accusing the refs of lying again. This will come back to haunt him. The ref boys won't like this.

CELTIC manager Neil Lennon described his sending-off at half-time at Ibrox as "a joke" and claimed he was "deprived of doing my job properly" during the 3-2 defeat to Rangers.

Celtic were odds-on to get the win required to clinch the SPL title - but Ibrox midfielder Sone Aluko scored a marvellous solo goal in the 11th minute to spark another afternoon of Old Firm drama.

Lennon was raging when Hoops defender Cha Du-ri was sent off by referee Calum Murray in the 28th minute for a challenge on Lee Wallace.

The Parkhead boss spoke to Murray going up the tunnel and was then called into the official's room where he was sent to the stand, although he said he had to watch the second half from the media room "for my own safety".

Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama was sent off for a two-footed tackle on Steven Whittaker before goals from substitute Andy Little and Wallace put Rangers 3-0 ahead, with a Scott Brown penalty and a Thomas Rogne injury-time header reducing the deficit - but not the ire of the Parkhead manager.

Lennon has already been asked by the SFA's compliance officer Vincent Lunny for an explanation of his criticism of referee Willie Collum following last week's 1-0 Scottish Communities League Cup final against Kilmarnock at Hampden.

After today's game he said: "The first one is not a sending-off and the second is borderline probably, you can't tackle like that.

"My sending-off is joke. I don't think I deserved to be sent off. My staff are very angry about it, my players are angry and disappointed.

"I spoke quite quietly and coldly to the referee in the tunnel. I didn't swear and didn't point any fingers.

"I told him I wasn't happy with his first-half performance.

"I was speaking to the match delegate after the game and their version of events are different from mine but I've got witnesses to back me up.

"Alan Thompson and our PR person was there, a couple of other members of staff and players.

"I do my team talk at half-time, I walk back out and got called into the referee's room. I have been deprived of doing my job properly when my team needed me. I am very angry about that."

Lennon was also angry that he was prevented from sitting in the stand.

"That's another thing," he said. "I can't sit in the stand for my own safety, that sums things up in this country.

"I would have sat in the directors' box but I was told for my own safety that it wasn't a good idea. I watched the second half in here (the media room).

"The biggest game of the season and I can't go out in the stand to watch my team or send down messages.

"I have Stevie Woods (goalkeeping coach) at the door and he was running up and down the tunnel for me. I might as well have sat in the house and watched the second half.

"When you are down to nine men, it is an uphill task. This is not the first time we have come to Ibrox and had players sent off for little or nothing.

"So today has been soured. I congratulate Rangers on their win, I haven't got a problem with that, but there are mitigating circumstances in why they have won."

Lennon continued his rant against referee Murray, adding: "I wanted to see him after the game and I got a message back to wait 20 minutes later then I could go and see him - 20 minutes later he wouldn't see me.

"So who is accountable? Why don't I get an explanation?

"I have to be very careful what I say but I want some answers and I'm not getting them. As manager of the football club I think I deserve that."

Speaking about Cha's dismissal for hauling back Wallace - which he claimed "changed the game" - Lennon added: "I can't for the life of me see how that is a red card.

"He's going away from goal, he's not going to get the ball and Charlie Mulgrew is getting over.

"Their second goal is offside, Wallace is in an offside position (before his shot is saved by Fraser Forster), so the linesman has not done his job properly.

"We scored two goals and that sums up our players, they keep going until the final whistle, even with nine men.

"I am very proud of the players and supporters."

He really has mental health issues , I'm actually starting to think he actually believes all the nonsense he say's and is not just trying to appease his unwashed mhob . Disgrace of an excuse for a man , he and that club are a perfect match .:wanker:

Well he survived not winning the league last ssn so i cant see him being sacked for actually wining the league tbh... wich is a shame really.

Agreed - how he managed to keep his job after last year's campaign is anyone's guess. Could be that Celtic enjoy the fact that he comes relatively cheap. They're not going to sack him now for having a tainted title handed to him winning the league. I'm afraid it looks like we're stuck with the fucking rhat for another couple of years at least.

It shows up the DR for what it's become as much as anything. Very very poor newspaper. As for Lemmon it's not his fault that it's deemed unsafe to sit in the stand, it's not his fault he got sent off, it's not his fault his team got beat, it's not his fault they lost the cup last week, I could go on and on.

Its not his fault he was born.

1) You don't get into the directors box/members club without at least a shirt and trousers on!

2) After years of antagonising Rangers fans, is he really shocked that we don't like him?

Celtic lose, play the victim card....... it's getting predictable and boring.

i went once, and didnt have a tie on. i had to go out to the megastore and buy one! as you say, he was dressed like a ned so he could not get in - unlike that other lot, we have standards.

or if not, start it as a rumour.

Aye, I was sat in GF6 and I'm pretty sure I heard a steward say to him "Sorry Lemmon, you can't come into our prestigious Directors Box dressed like a gypo cunt, fuck off please". Might be mistaken, although I am at least 87.6% sure that is what I heard! :craphead: