Bill Ng speaks to Singapore press about Rangers takeover

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"It cost Rangers owner £52.5m to take over the club from David Murray in May last year"

<cr>

£18m to Lloyds.

£5m on playing squad.

£2m on stadium upgrades.

£27.5m that is sitting in THAT offshore account waiting to save Rangers. :rolleyes:

£18m to Lloyds.

£5m on playing squad.

£2m on stadium upgrades.

£27.5m that is sitting in THAT offshore account waiting to save Rangers. :rolleyes:

Ah. Forgot about that. Money is best sitting there where HMRC cant get their grubby hands on it i suppose. He is playing a blinder here. (tu)

"Mr Ng - A Rangers fan himself for more than a decade" - find that part a little hard to believe, I lived in Asia for 6 years and never once met a local who supported us. Virtually everyone has heard of us... but almost every fucker I ever met supports either Man U or Liverpool.

Still I believe, this would be an interesting offer... at least it would not be more of the same "Rangers men" who have driven the club into the mire.

'This is a chance to put Singapore on the world football map... We're not just doing this for financial reasons. If we take over Rangers, we've got plans that will positively impact Singapore football in the long run... Our population size is quite similar to Scotland's so there's plenty for us to learn from them in terms of football development.'

<cr> Really?

I think all you'll get is an education on how to not do things properly!

I mean, it's been us that have been looking at copying other nation's footballing setup as ours has not moved with the times and has been in a constant decline.

Strange

Generally it's an interesting piece from a Singaporean perspective.

It appears information on Bill Ng (definitely pronounced 'ing') is starting to trickle out though. Apparently, he has been in the stockbroking business for many years, and now owns his own private equity firm. There have been various unconfirmed reports of his net worth, with some estimating it to be in the billions. His family are certainly well off (see Forbes list of 2011).

As with all bids though, it's difficult to analyse them all that well until the finer detail is known.

£12m? Really? I kind of expected bids of around £25m, especially when our assets are worth more than £100m according to D&P.

Worries me a bit. I hope he isn't just chancing his arm in the hope of being able to flog us off again for a decent profit.

If we survive, good luck t him.

Unlike Whyte the shite, he's trying to destroy us.

"Mr Ng - A Rangers fan himself for more than a decade" - find that part a little hard to believe, I lived in Asia for 6 years and never once met a local who supported us. Virtually everyone has heard of us... but almost every fucker I ever met supports either Man U or Liverpool.

Still I believe, this would be an interesting offer... at least it would not be more of the same "Rangers men" who have driven the club into the mire.

if i wasnt on the fone id highlight for u, but those first few sentences are fantastic.