MIH to release statement on sale of Rangers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're onto any Murray thread like white on rice. I support Rangers whereas it appears you support "Sir David."

Yeah i have had a season ticket for "sir david" since 1985...You are aware rangers sell season tickets. I know you don't bother actually attending anymore....

I'll leave this thread for the reason it was posted for fear your mind will roam into the place that thinks about children and masturbation again.

No doubt he will again try to provide exculpatory evidence to mitigate his own role in this mess....

Well David you fukked up and we're paying the price

The evidence has already been laid out in court, the allegation is documents were falsified that showed Craig Whyte had deposited 18 million in the solicitors account and that acted as his proof of funds

Let's not turn this into a David Murray vs. Craig Whyte thread.

Most are in agreement both are pricks who were poison to our club.

I hope these documents go someway into showing if we have a good claim against Whyte and his lawyer regarding the takeover of the club, I don’t envy who has to wade through that pile of piss though.

The evidence has already been laid out in court, the allegation is documents were falsified that showed Craig Whyte had deposited 18 million in the solicitors account and that acted as his proof of funds

Gen. normally I agree with you but I cannot accept that Murray is not partially culpable. Was there any due dilligence on his part?

Mini-me and AJ seemed aware that Shyte was a charlatan -- yet SDMwasn't? I do not buy that theory.

He wanted out before the big tax case came knocking.

BTW -- MIH has just managed to borrow >100M pounds from Lloyds. If he is truly an innocent in all of this then surely a 10 year, interest free loan of 10-15M would not kill him?

Gen. normally I agree with you but I cannot accept that Murray is not partially culpable. Was there any due dilligence on his part?

Mini-me and AJ seemed aware that Shyte was a charlatan -- yet SDMwasn't? I do not buy that theory.

He wanted out before the big tax case came knocking.

BTW -- MIH has just managed to borrow >100M pounds from Lloyds. If he is truly an innocent in all of this then surely a 10 year, interest free loan of 10-15M would not kill him?

Due dilligence on forged documents ? He may have a level of culpability but i stand by what i said last month that he was told to sell rangers by Lloyds, he has admitted such privately but contradicted that in public.....wouldn't you if someone is loaning you 100 million

Craig Whyte is right in one respect, the club was in a mess before he bought it.

Murray created the BTC problem

Murray created the STC problem

Murray created the Lloyds problem

The fact that Craig Whyte decided to remove ALL of these problems from MIH suggests to me some level of complicity. I do not believe (and the lack of buyers would suggest some truth) that anyone would have bought Rangers under the conditions of the SPA as signed.

We can all see what Murray gained out of the sale, no administration, no tax case liability and Lloyds off his back. What did Craig Whyte gain? A mountain of shit and volumes of bad press and be lucky to stay out of the jail.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

The case brought by D & P looks to be damning for Whyte and Withey (and Collyer Bristow). If there were confidentiality clauses in the RFC sale documents then MIH would require a court order to prevent any claim against them for release of said documents.

Withey looks to be in real trouble if the allegations are correct and as he and Whyte were so close in all this then Whyte looks in similar bother. If the case looks like going against Withey I would imagine that he will most likely spill the beans to implicate Whyte in the hope of getting a better deal for himself.

I know it's a bit early to comment with certainty but October should be very interesting.

Could sdm actually be trying to help us (legally )-

David Murray spokesman says he urged Rangers admins to obtain court order as he couldn't legally hand over documents <cr>

SDM will only be making sure nothing sticks to him. He might regret what has happened to Rangers, but it has always been about SDM first, Rangers second.

I don't expect anything to change.

The case brought by D & P looks to be damning for Whyte and Withey (and Collyer Bristow). If there were confidentiality clauses in the RFC sale documents then MIH would require a court order to prevent any claim against them for release of said documents.

Withey looks to be in real trouble if the allegations are correct and as he and Whyte were so close in all this then Whyte looks in similar bother. If the case looks like going against Withey I would imagine that he will most likely spill the beans to implicate Whyte in the hope of getting a better deal for himself.

I know it's a bit early to comment with certainty but October should be very interesting.

He has already been in the papers crying like a baby wishing he never met Shytey, so it won`t take much for this chancer to crack.

Far be it from me to defend Maxi-Murray, whose vanity and arrogance are certainly prime factors in bringing Rangers to this sorry situation, but it wasn't really him that created the Lloyds problem. The Lloyds problem was created when HBoS went pop and had to be rescued by LloydsTSB. And the prime charletan? I give you Gordon Brown and his insane "I've eliminated boom and bust" rhetoric. In the midst of the supposed eternal boom of Gordon Brown's fantasy, real people, such a bankers and arrogant chairmen of football clubs, binged on debt-fueled ego-trips of epic proportions.

It was expained yesterday in court how gary whitney forged documents to confirm craig whyte had the money, after this is proven i would expect criminal charges to follow for Whitney.

Houston we have a problem,

Gary Withey has been forging Craig Whytes signature.

Far be it from me to defend Maxi-Murray, whose vanity and arrogance are certainly prime factors in bringing Rangers to this sorry situation, but it wasn't really him that created the Lloyds problem. The Lloyds problem was created when HBoS went pop and had to be rescued by LloydsTSB. And the prime charletan? I give you Gordon Brown and his insane "I've eliminated boom and bust" rhetoric. In the midst of the supposed eternal boom of Gordon Brown's fantasy, real people, such a bankers and arrogant chairmen of football clubs, binged on debt-fueled ego-trips of epic proportions.

We all know that Murray was responsible for the large debt we accumulated under HBOS. Lloyds came in and ordered SDM to offload RFC ASAP (sorry for all the acronyms) which he tried to do for 2 or 3 years. In the meantime Lloyds ordered RFC to reduce their debt, which was well under way as the actual debt was down to £18m.

The EBT tax case was an unforeseen problem arising from HMRC trawling through paperwork to try to get tax income from loopholes, avoidance schemes, etc. I'd like to know who came up with the idea for Rangers. I would expect that SDM got a fair bit of advice on the EBT scheme before going with it and although he agreed to use it, someone clearly gave him poor advice (assuming we lose the case). I also wonder at our auditors in this. They check the books annually and should have voiced any concerns every year.

I'm not defending SDM because I wrote to him on a number of occasions regarding our financial profligacy. I also raised some issues at AGMs. The trouble with being a minority shareholder is you have little clout when dealing with an autocratic chairman holding some 85% of the shares.

As there were confidentiality clauses MIH requested that a court order be used for MIH to release the papers. MIH have stated they had no problem about releasing the papers and didn't contest the order.

Had SDM not sold to Whyte we would not be in the position we are now in. The conman that is Whyte has brought us to this situation due to his refusal to pay bills, VAT, PAYE. SDM certainly had his faults but we never had any of this season's troubles. Whyte is a fraudster which MIH papers and the Collyer Bristow documents may prove.

Craig Whyte is right in one respect, the club was in a mess before he bought it.

Murray created the BTC problem

Murray created the STC problem

The fact that Craig Whyte decided to remove ALL of these problems from MIH suggests to me some level of complicity. I do not believe (and the lack of buyers would suggest some truth) that anyone would have bought Rangers under the conditions of the SPA as signed.

We can all see what Murray gained out of the sale, no administration, no tax case liability and Lloyds off his back. What did Craig Whyte gain? A mountain of shit and volumes of bad press and be lucky to stay out of the jail.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

A lot of money seems to have went missing on whyte's watch although I do agree Murray was lucky to find a buyer in the circumstances

We all know that Murray was responsible for the large debt we accumulated under HBOS. Lloyds came in and ordered SDM to offload RFC ASAP (sorry for all the acronyms) which he tried to do for 2 or 3 years. In the meantime Lloyds ordered RFC to reduce their debt, which was well under way as the actual debt was down to £18m.

The EBT tax case was an unforeseen problem arising from HMRC trawling through paperwork to try to get tax income from loopholes, avoidance schemes, etc. I'd like to know who came up with the idea for Rangers. I would expect that SDM got a fair bit of advice on the EBT scheme before going with it and although he agreed to use it, someone clearly gave him poor advice (assuming we lose the case). I also wonder at our auditors in this. They check the books annually and should have voiced any concerns every year.

I'm not defending SDM because I wrote to him on a number of occasions regarding our financial profligacy. I also raised some issues at AGMs. The trouble with being a minority shareholder is you have little clout when dealing with an autocratic chairman holding some 85% of the shares.

As there were confidentiality clauses MIH requested that a court order be used for MIH to release the papers. MIH have stated they had no problem about releasing the papers and didn't contest the order.

Had SDM not sold to Whyte we would not be in the position we are now in. The conman that is Whyte has brought us to this situation due to his refusal to pay bills, VAT, PAYE. SDM certainly had his faults but we never had any of this season's troubles. Whyte is a fraudster which MIH papers and the Collyer Bristow documents may prove.

Well put - and there was NEVER any question of cash going missing or being diverted under his stewardship or of taxes not getting paid (if we exclude Bain's wage :lol:)

BUT where he does carry a lot of the blame is he sold to Whyte when AL et al said not to - that in unforgivable.