Bill Miller Bid

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two bid's difference's are simple to spot.

1. Miller does not need CW Shares, because they will stay with the old company, and won't be needed to trade as the new incubator company.

2. Mini and BK want the shares as they need them for everything to stay the same.

For me, I like the idea of Mini BK bid, as it's better the devil(s) you know

David Hillier: can't compare bids directly, Miller bid is all 11.2m now, TBK is CVA which is low amount now plus payments from future profits

It's going to be hard going to make a profit if the transfer embargo shit sticks, what happens if we cannot abide to the terms in the CVA, is it back to Administration again.

He can't, fuck sake he cannot come out and say this guys a chopstick when the Admins are considering a bid from him, they are duty bound to accept the best bid he cannot be seen to be turning the supporters against what may prove to be the best bid he will have been well warned by the admins to stay out and remain neutral in the whole process it's not just about him protecting his wage as you so eloquently put it.

Eloquent or not, that's basically what your saying.

Ally's interview today didn't sound very neutral to me.

1. Miller does not need CW Shares, because they will stay with the old company, and won't be needed to trade as the new incubator company.

2. Mini and BK want the shares as they need them for everything to stay the same.

On 1. does the company Whyte (spit) owns the shares in not own Ibrox and Murray Park?

Eloquent or not, that's basically what your saying.

Ally's interview today didn't sound very neutral to me.

So Allys preferred bidder is Miller?

To quote McCoist "Either of those two gentlemen would be fine with me" doesn't get any more neutral than that lol.

Didnt see what coisty said today,,, but he has mentioned recently about being up at 1am etc on the phone talking to Bill Miller about SFA sanctions etc. He has mentioned him a few times in quotes,,,havent heard him say as much about the TBK etc. Dont know if thats showing any favout or if its just that Bill Miller is taking more time talking wae coisty than the rest. What did he say today then >??

thats wrong. under millers plans cw will be made a creditor and he will just have to accept whatever a cva produces. and if whyte wants to fight it through the courts it wont affect us as we are in an incubator company

David Hillier: can't compare bids directly, Miller bid is all 11.2m now, TBK is CVA which is low amount now plus payments from future profits

It is impossible for Hillier to give a definitive answer as he is not privy to the full details of the bids. So really it's all guess work, and you could produce another guy of his academical standing to give the opposite opinion.

BBC Scotland understands that Bill Miller's bid for Rangers is worth significantly more than the Blue Knights and Brian Kennedy's.

The Blue Knights' Paul Murray told BBC Scotland on Friday evening that he believes his joint bid with Sale Sharks owner Kennedy outbids the American's.

Both bids depend on taking the club's bond holders' debt, around £7m, out of a Company Voluntary Arrangement.

But it is thought the Knights' bid uses that figure as part of its offer.

Adminstrators Duff & Phelps said "neither bid involves liquidation of the football club".

And they added that there were "significant differences between the two offers in terms of a prospective return to creditors and approach to future funding and these have to be evaluated".

Rangers sold thousands of debentures to fund the construction of the Club Deck at Ibrox Stadium in the early 1990s.

Supporters paid sums of about £1,100 to £1,600, which guaranteed the right to take out a season ticket on that seat and offered them some extra benefits.

Ticketus, who funded Whyte's takeover of the Ibrox club last year and had been part of the Blue Knights group, earlier in the day withdrew their commitment to funding a takeover bid.

The London firm was put off by the uncertainty over the club's future in the wake of a 12-month transfer ban relating to charges of Scottish FA rule breaches, a ruling Rangers are expected to appeal, and potential changes to Scottish Premier League rules.

Murray and Kennedy negotiated a partnership and a statement on behalf of the duo read: "This offer we consider to be substantial.

"[The offer] is conditional on a CVA being approved by the creditors, and Mr [Craig] Whyte's shares being acquired."

Murray and Kennedy added: "We hope this is accepted so that we may proceed with due diligence forthwith and make a start to the task of re-building Rangers Football Club of 1872. "

Rangers in adm

Kennedy had an initial bid rejected and was told his most recent verbal offer was not acceptable by the club's administrators while the Blue Knights and Miller have been trying to achieve preferred bidder status.

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound, Murray said: "I've been talking to Brian every day for the last three months. We have built up a good relationship "I respected his decision to bid on his own but it was very clear that he was very much a kindred spirit in terms of wanting to help the club

"He also has a lot of experience in owning sporting clubs and I think that experience plus his business acumen is a great combination.

"That combination with the rest of the guys is a powerful cocktail."

Miller and the Blue Knights/Kennedy must now wait to hear from Duff & Phelps which of them has been given the nod to proceed to a period of due diligence.

"Time is of the essence. It really is now pretty critical," added Murray, a former Rangers director.

"We are running up against unbelievable time pressures. It's getting to the point where it is a real issue.

Asked about the value of his joint bid compared to truck tycoon Miller's bid of £11.2m, Murray said: "If what Bill Miller has said is accurate, we believe it is worth more than that.

"This is more than just about money; I think this is about philosophy as well.

"We have been very clear that a CVA is the only thing the supporters want.

"Speaking as a supporter, I do not want the club's timeline has been broken."

Murray's bid is not only conditional on a CVA being approved; it depends on owner Craig Whyte's 85% shareholding being acquired, either by Ticketus, who are owed almost £27m, or the administrators.

"On the assumption that 75% of the value of those creditors vote for it, then the CVA becomes effective," said Murray.

"There is then a 28 day cooling-off period where people can request more information.

"Ticketus have a lot of financial leverage over Craig Whyte.

"I expect them to be positive on the CVA and I expect them to deliver the shares as well."

miller Ellis club 9 whyte all bed fellows.

whyte always said no matter what happened he would end up owning us going forward.

You have no evidence that whyte is involved in this Miller bid so at least put that its your opinion.

So Allys preferred bidder is Miller?

ok my mistake, he was neutral about the bids in the interview today but if he had any doubts don't you think he might have been a bit more subdued when he was speaking about miller, after all he was asked about TBK's bid not millers, if memory serves me correct

BBC Scotland understands that Bill Miller's bid for Rangers is worth significantly more than the Blue Knights and Brian Kennedy's.

The Blue Knights' Paul Murray told BBC Scotland on Friday evening that he believes his joint bid with Sale Sharks owner Kennedy outbids the American's.

Both bids depend on taking the club's bond holders' debt, around £7m, out of a Company Voluntary Arrangement.

But it is thought the Knights' bid uses that figure as part of its offer.

Adminstrators Duff & Phelps said "neither bid involves liquidation of the football club".

And they added that there were "significant differences between the two offers in terms of a prospective return to creditors and approach to future funding and these have to be evaluated".

Rangers sold thousands of debentures to fund the construction of the Club Deck at Ibrox Stadium in the early 1990s.

Supporters paid sums of about £1,100 to £1,600, which guaranteed the right to take out a season ticket on that seat and offered them some extra benefits.

Ticketus, who funded Whyte's takeover of the Ibrox club last year and had been part of the Blue Knights group, earlier in the day withdrew their commitment to funding a takeover bid.

The London firm was put off by the uncertainty over the club's future in the wake of a 12-month transfer ban relating to charges of Scottish FA rule breaches, a ruling Rangers are expected to appeal, and potential changes to Scottish Premier League rules.

Murray and Kennedy negotiated a partnership and a statement on behalf of the duo read: "This offer we consider to be substantial.

"[The offer] is conditional on a CVA being approved by the creditors, and Mr [Craig] Whyte's shares being acquired."

Murray and Kennedy added: "We hope this is accepted so that we may proceed with due diligence forthwith and make a start to the task of re-building Rangers Football Club of 1872. "

Rangers in adm

Kennedy had an initial bid rejected and was told his most recent verbal offer was not acceptable by the club's administrators while the Blue Knights and Miller have been trying to achieve preferred bidder status.

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound, Murray said: "I've been talking to Brian every day for the last three months. We have built up a good relationship "I respected his decision to bid on his own but it was very clear that he was very much a kindred spirit in terms of wanting to help the club

"He also has a lot of experience in owning sporting clubs and I think that experience plus his business acumen is a great combination.

"That combination with the rest of the guys is a powerful cocktail."

Miller and the Blue Knights/Kennedy must now wait to hear from Duff & Phelps which of them has been given the nod to proceed to a period of due diligence.

"Time is of the essence. It really is now pretty critical," added Murray, a former Rangers director.

"We are running up against unbelievable time pressures. It's getting to the point where it is a real issue.

Asked about the value of his joint bid compared to truck tycoon Miller's bid of £11.2m, Murray said: "If what Bill Miller has said is accurate, we believe it is worth more than that.

"This is more than just about money; I think this is about philosophy as well.

"We have been very clear that a CVA is the only thing the supporters want.

"Speaking as a supporter, I do not want the club's timeline has been broken."

Murray's bid is not only conditional on a CVA being approved; it depends on owner Craig Whyte's 85% shareholding being acquired, either by Ticketus, who are owed almost £27m, or the administrators.

"On the assumption that 75% of the value of those creditors vote for it, then the CVA becomes effective," said Murray.

"There is then a 28 day cooling-off period where people can request more information.

"Ticketus have a lot of financial leverage over Craig Whyte.

"I expect them to be positive on the CVA and I expect them to deliver the shares as well."

Thanks mate (tu)

i don't mean to sound negative but i'm trying to look at some scenarios that might come about regarding TBK's new improved bid so here goes. As has been noted Ticketus are no longer involved with TBK and Brian Kennedy is their new knight riding to the rescue but :

a) when BK put in his initial bid it was significantly lower than all the other bids tabled - this is something he must have known at the time.

b) when BK went in with a second offer it was verbal only - why did he not just table a written bid if he was wholly serious about taking the club on?

c) he has always said that he i) doesn't believe in or want to be part of a consortium (too many chiefs, not enough indians)- so why the change of heart?

ii) doesn't believe in fan ownership via share issue - too many people with different opinions on what's best for the club.

d) is it not possible that he might be using his wealth as an indicator to get TBK 'in the door' and then back out to leave them to sort out the CVA (although the CVA will be based on the amount which is tabled) via a fan share issue - provided they can aquire the shares from Whyte in the first place.

Also, regarding the elusive shares, what if Ticketus make a deal with Whyte (based on he owes them a bucket load of cash) and then try and recoupe the cash from TBK by selling the shares to them. If they can't come up with the cash required then Ticketus would be / remain the major shareholder with 82% and could take a route we really don't want to go to get cash back that way.

If TBK don't have the funds to go it alone (without ANY backers) then the above could easily become a reality at some point down the line. Millers bid cuts out ALL of the above but we are all uncertain about the 'oldco to newco to oldco' incubator company route that he wants to go down. Just my thoughts on it all and not meaning to put a dampener on the whole thing.

i don't mean to sound negative but i'm trying to look at some scenarios that might come about regarding TBK's new improved bid so here goes. As has been noted Ticketus are no longer involved with TBK and Brian Kennedy is their new knight riding to the rescue but :

a) when BK put in his initial bid it was significantly lower than all the other bids tabled - this is something he must have known at the time.

b) when BK went in with a second offer it was verbal only - why did he not just table a written bid if he was wholly serious about taking the club on?

c) he has always said that he i) doesn't believe in or want to be part of a consortium (too many chiefs, not enough indians)- so why the change of heart?

ii) doesn't believe in fan ownership via share issue - too many people with different opinions on what's best for the club.

d) is it not possible that he might be using his wealth as an indicator to get TBK 'in the door' and then back out to leave them to sort out the CVA (although the CVA will be based on the amount which is tabled) via a fan share issue - provided they can aquire the shares from Whyte in the first place.

Also, regarding the elusive shares, what if Ticketus make a deal with Whyte (based on he owes them a bucket load of cash) and then try and recoupe the cash from TBK by selling the shares to them. If they can't come up with the cash required then Ticketus would be / remain the major shareholder with 82% and could take a route we really don't want to go to get cash back that way.

If TBK don't have the funds to go it alone (without ANY backers) then the above could easily become a reality at some point down the line. Millers bid cuts out ALL of the above but we are all uncertain about the 'oldco to newco to oldco' incubator company route that he wants to go down. Just my thoughts on it all and not meaning to put a dampener on the whole thing.

I think that is a fair comment bud00000042.gif Re Miller, maybe just maybe his legal people have come up with a way to look at the problem re newco and just maybe that is what they have been running past the sfa/spl to say right, this is not a newco and our legal people have stated this, so get your legal people to look and if there is agreement , what we want from you is no sanctions.

People on here have been saying he has disappeared but now and the admin have stated this that they have been in discussions with the offical bodies as to sanctions.