Juventus for the Serie A?

McBoyd

A 4-0 win today, edging closer to their first Serie A title in 9 years! I remember when Juvé got sent down all those years ago, good to see them back, always liked them.

I went to the Stadio Delle Alpi when I was about 14 whilst on holiday in Chamonix, Italian football fans are mental! (As are Italian drivers! "Oh, I'll just stop in the middle of the road, park there, and go for a coffee..." the streets and road signs were absolute pandemonium.)

Always liked them as well. Del Piero is one of my favourite players outside Rangers. Really glad to see them back to their best. Wasn't expecting it after such a poor campaign last year. Haven't had a single league defeat all season. Brilliant turn around.

Looks decent but still hilariously small for the most (but not best) supported club in Italy. Their fans are awful.

It was probably the best thing for them. They had some hideous crowds at the delle Alpi

It was probably the best thing for them. They had some hideous crowds at the delle Alpi

Yeah, but the running track and terrible atmosphere was supposed to be the excuse for that. Now they have a cauldron-type stadium, why can't it be an 80,000 seater? Why has the club with most fans in Italy not once this season managed to fill their brand new 40,000 seater stadium? On a bad day we get more than that, and we don't have the likes of Del Piero, Buffon and Pirlo to watch.

Went to a game at the olimpico last season against Catania, drew 2-2 but the atmosphere was unreal, even managed to start a mini bouncy at one point which was class! The fans went mental when Catania scored in the last minute tho, setting fire to part of the stand!

Now they have a cauldron-type stadium, why can't it be an 80,000 seater? Why has the club with most fans in Italy not once this season managed to fill their brand new 40,000 seater stadium? On a bad day we get more than that, and we don't have the likes of Del Piero, Buffon and Pirlo to watch.

Because people who live in Turin support Torino, Juve fans travel from all over like liverpool/manU fans.

Now they have a cauldron-type stadium, why can't it be an 80,000 seater? Why has the club with most fans in Italy not once this season managed to fill their brand new 40,000 seater stadium? On a bad day we get more than that, and we don't have the likes of Del Piero, Buffon and Pirlo to watch.

Because people who live in Turin support Torino, Juve fans travel from all over like liverpool/manU fans.

I am aware of that. What I don't understand is why so few of those huge numbers of Juve fans actually bother going. Like you say, Liverpool and Man U fans travel from all over. Juventus can't even get 40,000.