can someone tell me?

Did our fans really gloat and treat them with such disrespect when they were in our current situation?

I'm to young to remember it. And I'm getting tired of my workmates saying "oh it wasny that when you were laughing at us"

I mean can you even compare the two? What we as fans have had to endure is just beyond unfair. It's just a constant hate campaign against us.

There's a laugh and a joke and banter, but now its got to the stage of cruelty. The display there fans done today was completely distasteful. My papa would be turning in his grave if he seen that.

Up until now despite everything that's gone on I've tried my hardest to keep a brave face and get on with it. But today for the first time in my life, as a Rangers fan I feel defeated...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did our fans really gloat and treat them with such disrespect when they were in our current situation?

I'm to young to remember it. And I'm getting tired of my workmates saying "oh it wasny that when you were laughing at us"

I mean can you even compare the two? What we as fans have had to endure is just beyond unfair. It's just a constant hate campaign against us.

There's a laugh and a joke and banter, but know its got to the stage of cruelty. The display there fans done today was completely distasteful. My papa would be turning in his grave if he seen that.

Up until now despite everything that's gone on I've tried my hardest to keep a brave face and get on with it. But today for the first time in my life, as a Rangers fan I feel defeated...

Not really; because they are a glorified Hibs or Aberdeen, and we were chasing big dreams. They are not as big as they make out; and their media supporting pals would have you believe.

A better question would have been did anyone care or notice that they were in the situation?

The 50,000 25,000 10,000 people in their ground at the time may have, but they can't read so weren't aware.

there was banter and maybe a little of it would be considered over the line by todays standards. I dont remember it being so venomous on our part. On the whole I think most Rangers fans were either indifferent or had some empathy for the very small minority of decent fans and club staff.

I was certainly too young and detached then to give out the shit, but a couple years back when Lloyds were running us this guy in a five-a-side league I was in was this fucking intolerable mhanky taig of record proportions, had a couple wanna-tims from Boston on his side too. Got sick of taking their shit on match nights so I did up a set of tops at work for my team the next time we played them with "Pacific Shelf FC" in big bold letters on the front. Got them to fuck off well enough. 00000042.gif

There's a laugh and a joke and banter, but now its got to the stage of cruelty. The display there fans done today was completely distasteful. My papa would be turning in his grave if he seen that.

i remember saying to masel,how the fucks this happening, you know like you canny believe its happening to a big club (like our predicament now) and i was having a laugh about it but as well but no where near what the mhanky mob are saying,their just fucking gloating about whats happening to us,so maybe i should have laughed a lot more.

I certainly don't remember a concerted attack from ALL sides when it was the mhanky mob, in fact I sat in my in-laws house as they watched Dempsey spout pish, without a grin on my face I felt sorry for true football fans. By fuck it would be different now if the shoe was on the other foot, nowadays they are a rancid bunch of bigoted bastards that hate everything we stand for and the press help stoke the fire.

I know i did (tu)

And would again (tu)

I certainly don't remember a concerted attack from ALL sides when it was the mhanky mob, in fact I sat in my in-laws house as they watched Dempsey spout pish, without a grin on my face I felt sorry for true football fans. By fuck it would be different now if the shoe was on the other foot, nowadays they are a rancid bunch of bigoted bastards that hate everything we stand for and the press help stoke the fire.

That's what bothers me the most mate, from what I've heard most people actually felt sorry for them at the time. But were getting hatred from all sides and an all round feeling of "fuck them, they deserve it"

That's what bothers me the most mate, from what I've heard most people actually felt sorry for them at the time. But were getting hatred from all sides and an all round feeling of "fuck them, they deserve it"

Only one reason JEALOUSY.

No we didnt gloat at them as muc and I am afraid there is a differemt generation of scepitic fan npw that seems to habe a bigger chip on their shoulder and ate more bitter now tjan ever .

Think somecunts tampered with your keyboard mate.

There was some banter but for the most part it was total indifference with a lot of us.

I was way to busy enjoying the football we were watching to give them much thought (and that's the difference between the supports)

Also in 94 the internet wasn't around to give a voice to every fuckwit with chip on each shoulder