tomorrow's record

The SPL overplayed their hand threatening point deductions for three years and a 75% cut in revenue. If they pass it and Rangers go down to the third then two or three other clubs could follow and receive the same penalties that they themselves passed. Suicide. If they back down then they face a backlash from their own fans. ESPN have already told them that tv contracts are under threat if Rangers aren't in the league or even if Rangers are forced to play with a weakened team they may tear up the contracts. You think they would have had the senses to talk to the sponsors before opening their fucking mouths.

Exactly ... a can of worms :sherlock:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say I'd rather go to Div 3 and watch the rest of the SPL wither and die.

We've no Europe for 3 years anyway so fuck them. I'd prefer the adventure of three straight promotions than getting some fuck awful 25 point penalty or similar in the SPL for three years.

The SPL overplayed their hand threatening point deductions for three years and a 75% cut in revenue. If they pass it and Rangers go down to the third then two or three other clubs could follow and receive the same penalties that they themselves passed. Suicide. If they back down then they face a backlash from their own fans. ESPN have already told them that tv contracts are under threat if Rangers aren't in the league or even if Rangers are forced to play with a weakened team they may tear up the contracts. You think they would have had the senses to talk to the sponsors before opening their fucking mouths.

Really?? First ive heard of this....?

I have no idea how the voting will go.

One part of me thinks they want to see us die, so will impose tough sanctions. Another part of me believes they know the danger of imposing such sanctions and may fear the backlash it could cause.

I think we need to accept some form of punishment, but let's hope it's severity reduces our competitiveness for next season (more than it already has).

Not 100% sure of this but i think as it stands right now the spl has no rules against a newco and will vote on them next week, any new rule they bring in will only come into force once the season ends and can't be brought in retrospectively so in theory if we get this sorted out by next Friday we can't be docked any points next season. I think that's why the admin have set Miller a deadline of Friday to get the takeover done or walk.

Could well be a deal is cut for Rangers to be docked more points this season in return for fulfilling the last fixture at St johnstone.

I have no idea how the voting will go.

One part of me thinks they want to see us die, so will impose tough sanctions. Another part of me believes they know the danger of imposing such sanctions and may fear the backlash it could cause.

I think we need to accept some form of punishment, but let's hope it's severity reduces our competitiveness for next season (more than it already has).

Why would we want to be less competitive?

fuck them all,sick to my back teeth with what there gonna do etc, as long as were around we will rise again (tu) look at wednesday night, kerkar as a forward, mcabe,ness midfield, dundee ushited-champions league/3/4th best team in leaue fucked :craphead:

They will hardly vote to send us down when it will kill 10 of them.

It will kill 11 even the mhanks couldn't survive. They need to know that we consider them and treat them no differently as we do the other 10.

not true I am afraid. these 11 will decide both if the newco plays in the spl and what sanctions it faces if it does.

Are you actually a Taig? I'm beginning to see a pattern of very negative, ill-informed, Taigy comments. It is NOT going to be a newco playing in the SPL, it will be the same Rangers oldco that is playing. I suggest you read Miller's plan fully before making ill-informed comments on it like the Taigs are doing.

Who knows. Too much speculation is bad for morale. Whatever way it goes I and I believe alot of other bears will still never forget any sanctions or statements from other club officials or any paper that supports such shite. Would much rather play in div3 as a bear than win spl as a child molester

Bill Miller holds a bit of sway with ESPN so we will see :21:

Apologies, I was replying to the ESPN part of this post. ESPN have said in the press today that this is not the case. I agree, Sky & ESPN will have to take note of the SPL vote outcome.