Jump on the heads of Glasgow Celtic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if i like that chant.

When i hear chants i always think to myself "What would a non-football supporting neutral think about that?"...

Thats how i "set the bar" so to speak and this falls under the level of acceptance i reckon.

doh a "non-football supporting neutral" wouldn't be happy with quite a few of our songs mate.

It's nothing to do with wanting people to love us, we just don't want to put our club in danger of getting punished. Hate when a new good song has its lyrics wasted on the vhermin, pain on the arse, would rather keep it for the bears seeing as that it is the team we actually support. Everyone knows the lyrics shouldn't be taken literally but we live in a PC society so could end up putting RFC in an even worse position, if that was even possible.

I understand where you're coming from mate, but I also think its important to have a few chants with a bit of venom against you're biggest rivals! And this particular one ticks that box and looks and sounds cracking when in full swing.

The whole subject of songs is a tricky one. The majority of fans obviously don't want to see the club hurt with fines etc... But I honestly don't think we as fans have pushed or fought hard enough for our freedom to sing our songs.

I might be a dreamer, but I believe that if TBB for example was getting belted out every week. The authorities would eventually just cave in and leave us alone, accepting it was a loosing battle...

It's mostly scare mongering in an attempt to silence both halves of the divide, and its plain to see its worked on the majority of us.

It's nothing to do with wanting people to love us, we just don't want to put our club in danger of getting punished. Hate when a new good song has its lyrics wasted on the vhermin, pain on the arse, would rather keep it for the bears seeing as that it is the team we actually support. Everyone knows the lyrics shouldn't be taken literally but we live in a PC society so could end up putting RFC in an even worse position, if that was even possible.

We'll get punished for The Billy Boys, No Pope Of Rome etc. before this, so carry on with your knitting until such times are upon us.

Absolutely blinding idea which I'm sure will have the media singing our praises.

I like the way it celebrates our own club, fans, tradition, culture etc..... truly inspirational stuff.

doh

It celebrates our tradition of trampling all over Celtic for 100 years. (tu)

We'll get punished for The Billy Boys, No Pope Of Rome etc. before this, so carry on with your knitting until such times are upon us.

No we wont, because we dont have the collective bottle to sing them, but this chant will get louder and louder until eventually they find a way to hammer us for it. Its obviously not a chant to be taken literally, but that wont matter when the outrage reaches its crescendo, and Rangers will be castigated, as per usual.

The scum have the mhedia as their friend, and they know how to use him against us. Whilst jumping on their heads may be appealling, it wont do us any favours to shout about it, any more than chanting BJK does.

Mark my words..........no good shall come of this. :pipe:

I love this chant, imagine 40k+ singing this when we play them

I think the sound of the chant is brilliant but unfortunately you will never get 40K singing those lyrics for various reasons. As I said earlier in the thread I have no problem with the song for the 'young team' singing it but personally as one 'slightly' older I would feel a wee bit daft standing singing it with my son or daughter standing next to me.

That's why I tried to suggest alternative lyrics in the thread (went down like a lead balloon :anguish: )in the hope that we could get the chant going with lyrics that everbody would be happy with.

If you didn't get my suggestion here you go...............(only joking Casey!).

If we can be punished for singing about being up to our knees in their blood, you can be sure that we will eventually be punished for chanting about jumping on their heads.

Whether I agree with that or not is irrelevant, its what I believe will happen.

The smart thing to do would be to ignore those filthy nonce bhastards altogether, and concentrate on ourselves and our team. Let them obsess about us, we can obsess about winning.

I think the sound of the chant is brilliant but unfortunately you will never get 40K singing those lyrics for various reasons. As I said earlier in the thread I have no problem with the song for the 'young team' singing it but personally as one 'slightly' older I would feel a wee bit daft standing singing it with my son or daughter standing next to me.

That's why I tried to suggest alternative lyrics in the thread (went down like a lead balloon :anguish: )in the hope that we could get the chant going with lyrics that everbody would be happy with.

If you didn't get my suggestion here you go...............(only joking Casey!).

:lol:

I understand where you're coming from mate, but I also think its important to have a few chants with a bit of venom against you're biggest rivals! And this particular one ticks that box and looks and sounds cracking when in full swing.

The whole subject of songs is a tricky one. The majority of fans obviously don't want to see the club hurt with fines etc... But I honestly don't think we as fans have pushed or fought hard enough for our freedom to sing our songs.

I might be a dreamer, but I believe that if TBB for example was getting belted out every week. The authorities would eventually just cave in and leave us alone, accepting it was a loosing battle...

It's mostly scare mongering in an attempt to silence both halves of the divide, and its plain to see its worked on the majority of us.

I also understand where you are coming from, it's just when I go to a Rangers game I love singing about Rangers. We already have plenty of songs slagging the mhanky mob so I felt that this one should have been about Rangers as it is a cracker.

Dunno if i like that chant.

When i hear chants i always think to myself "What would a non-football supporting neutral think about that?"...

Thats how i "set the bar" so to speak and this falls under the level of acceptance i reckon.

When I read posts like that I think 'Who gives a fuck what a non-football supporting neutral (Whatever that may be) thinks about it'.

Funny chant, who cares if it's about them.

TBO/UB sing plenty of Rangers songs as it is.

When I read posts like that I think 'Who gives a fuck what a non-football supporting neutral (Whatever that may be) thinks about it'.

Funny chant, who cares if it's about them.

TBO/UB sing plenty of Rangers songs as it is.

Ah right, well, if you ever get into trouble for singing a song you should say to the judge "Who gives a fuck?"

See how far you get.

I like it. But one question - how can you jump on the head of a football club? :craphead:

thats the reason why the scum have been getting away with singing 'when the rangers die'.

we sing about their club and not about their fans or players so them same logic applies to us albiet the mhedia will turn this around on us and ignore them as they have been for the last few months about us dying.

I've always thought that tune was pretty classy when you hear thousands of Italian fans singing it, so it's been good to hear it being introduced by the Bears. The only thing I would say is that it will be hard to get it spreading round the ground with those words. I think the words are fine for the 'young team' but you will struggle to get older guys etc singing it.

What about different lyrics that the whole stadium could join in with to really get it going (it would look superb)? Something a bit more relevant to what is happening just now?

WE ARE RANGERS (or NO SURRENDER)

WE DONT WALK

AWAY AWAY (instead of oway oway or whatever the noise is just now)

Try it in your head (I think it would work, but hey I'm biased ;) )

I approve of this idea. (tu)