Can our history

Look at it this way...

If by some reason historians noticed that the English had done something that was found upon during the battle of Falkirk would they go back and change the history of all those wars and make it a Scottish victory? The answer is No. They wouldn't as no matter what history cannon't be changed or taken away from anyone are anything.

Rangers will always be Rangers. The history will ALWAYS be our history.

If we are liquidated then from a BUSINESS perspective Rangers 1872 will no longer exist. The club from a SPORTING perspective will exist and our history and titles will be intact.

fyi. Celtic have never been liquidated. Changed ownership etc but the club was never liquidate hence the talk of McCann saving the club.

i think what he's trying to say which alot of people are in the dark over is if we win the league as a newco can we say 55 and counting or will it be 1 and counting, obv you can't lose your past but will the stats say the current format won all that or did the old company sorta thing

our history will carry on in the hearts and minds of the supporters.but don't think for one minute the sfa historians will recognise the newco as having that history.we will be wiped from the face of THE WEE RED BOOK

after reading up on what happened to leeds utd, we are pretty much in the exact same position, no where have i found that after the assets were sold to a newco was their history lost, all the the achievements that the oldco leeds utd had, are still recognised as being the same leeds utd that are around today. what would be any different for us?? worst case scenario the CVA fails we go down the newco route, leeds utds history stands so will ours

The CLUB is not the COMPANY.

The COMPANY is a legal vehicle to carry on the trade of the CLUB.

The CLUB is not being liquidated in a CVA or a newco. Therefore all talk of losing history or reseting title wins is fucking shite and should be dropped.

Unless NOONE buys us and we go to the wall and the administration fails and a liquidator is appointed to break up the assets and sell them piecemeal would the CLUB end.

That is not going to happen.

even in liquidation?

Yes :rolleyes:

(but I assume you want the longer version)

If I was buying the goodwill I would be looking at a definition something like:

Buy the goodwill including the name 'Rangers Football Club' , the goodwill associated with this name, fan base reputation, history (54 Titles, Scottish cups, league cups, Glasgow cups etc. etc. etc. ) its historical relationships, and goodname of the company, its trademarks, crests, badges, and other symbols associated with the club, including all past and present copyright on strips, strip design.

I would get a lawyer to put that into legalleese but I would specifically include the 'history' in the goodwill so there was no doubt about what I was buying.

(Oh and before ED sees this - I cant include the Union Jack in the definition of being asociated with the club - although in the tangible assets I would but the Queens picture in the dressing room along with everything in the trophy room!)

You must have had the answer to this any number of times - not least from the Miller plan and the info re TBK newco - so why even ask?

neither were liquidation.

in truth it doesn't matter(no cva no gunslinger) to me but it something I want to know.

Yes :rolleyes:

(but I assume you want the longer version)

If I was buying the goodwill I would be looking at a definition something like:

Buy the goodwill including the name 'Rangers Football Club' , the goodwill associated with this name, fan base reputation, history (54 Titles, Scottish cups, league cups, Glasgow cups etc. etc. etc. ) its historical relationships, and goodname of the company, its trademarks, crests, badges, and other symbols associated with the club, including all past and present copyright on strips, strip design.

I would get a lawyer to put that into legalleese but I would specifically include the 'history' in the goodwill so there was no doubt about what I was buying.

(Oh and before ED sees this - I cant include the Union Jack in the definition of being asociated with the club - although in the tangible assets I would but the Queens picture in the dressing room along with everything in the trophy room!)

good to hear.

I will have to use that v yahoos in work I expect.