England squad for Euro 2012

I too would select Micah ahead of Glen Johnson. However, i think that Roy shares the same concerns as his predecessor about Micah's positional sense and concentration levels. He is prone to switching off and does sometimes get himself in bad positions defensively, Its the reason why he was swiched from centre half to right back in the 1st place. I fully expect Micah to be in Hodgson's post Euro 2012 squads but for now I don't think he trusts him defensively. Mind you, Johnson is even weaker defensively.

Carrick is a player I like technically but I do think he's lacked presence when playing for England. He often looks over awed for manyoo to me as well but its particularly prominent when playing for his country. He also reacted badly to being away for 6 weeks at the last world cup. Apparently, there was nothing wrong with his attitude and he didn't complain or anything but he apparently struggled with being away for home and was a subdued character around the squad.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's far from the best squad that England could muster. What on earth are Carroll, Downing and Barry doing there? And why isn't Crouch in the squad - he may not be elegant but he's a handful and knows where the net is.

those 3 are in the proper squad.omfg

i know he has just won league at city but barry is so overrated imo

what does he do?

Barry doesn't need to be mobile if england are playing a 4-2-3-1 with holding midfielders, him and parker would be my two deep midfielders in ANY england squad.

The times barry has looked exposed has been when he is played out of position or by himself.

I also rate Carroll highly, thought he was brilliant at newcastle but has taken a while to get into a stride at liverpool (fitness and the way the team have set out not to play to his advantages)

I think he is hitting form at the exact right time and he would be my first choice striker for england for the next 5-6 years if he continues this way

Barry doesn't need to be mobile if england are playing a 4-2-3-1 with holding midfielders, him and parker would be my two deep midfielders in ANY england squad.

The times barry has looked exposed has been when he is played out of position or by himself.

I also rate Carroll highly, thought he was brilliant at newcastle but has taken a while to get into a stride at liverpool (fitness and the way the team have set out not to play to his advantages)

I think he is hitting form at the exact right time and he would be my first choice striker for england for the next 5-6 years if he continues this way

Great post.