England squad for Euro 2012

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something unnatural about any Scot sitting supporting England. We don't have to wear kilts and eat haggis every night; the fact is as Scots we are British, and wanting England to lose doesn't dilute that. There was a time when it was a laugh to want England to lose, Salmond seems to think he is uber Scots; well, he ain't any more Scots than me. Scottish, and because I am Scottish I am British; and no amount of political blah blah from these political chieftains is going to deny that.

There is something unnatural about any Scot sitting supporting England. We don't have to wear kilts and eat haggis every night; the fact is as Scots we are British, and wanting England to lose doesn't dilute that. There was a time when it was a laugh to want England to lose, Salmond seems to think he is uber Scots; well, he ain't any more Scots than me. Scottish, and because I am Scottish I am British; and no amount of political blah blah from these political chieftains is going to deny that.

Well said.

Exactly.

It’s nonsense that players who have performed all season like Holt and Crouch have to miss out because some overrated £35 million flop had 1 and half decent games in the last 2 fixtures.

Crouch’s scoring record for England is second to none tbh and he has far more experience than Carroll who done sod all for 99% of the season.

Leaving players like Ferdinand, Richards, Sturridge ect is going to backfire but hey ho I’ll get a good laugh at it on the way.

What's funny about England doing shit?

What's funny about England doing shit?

Because I’m a bitter bastard who does not like England as a footballing nation. I love it when they fail and hate it when they win, I have no gripes acknowledging my own country is rid rotten at international football.

When I grew up all I ever heard on TV during international events was 1966…just you watch England steam roll this lot blah blah pish and I suppose watching my family and friends scream FUCK OFF at the TV made me think “Hey, they might have a point…fuck you England”. I’m not saying it’s right and I wish I wasn’t bitter about it but I am and I stand by it.

Because I’m a bitter bastard who does not like England as a footballing nation. I love it when they fail and hate it when they win, I have no gripes acknowledging my own country is rid rotten at international football.

When I grew up all I ever heard on TV during international events was 1966…just you watch England steam roll this lot blah blah pish and I suppose watching my family and friends scream FUCK OFF at the TV made me think “Hey, they might have a point…fuck you England”. I’m not saying it’s right and I wish I wasn’t bitter about it but I am and I stand by it.

Kinda what happens when you watch TV from England...

I don't mind when people admit bluntly they're Scottish and just don't like England naturally due to parents or whatever but i hate when they come up with pish excuses about English commentators bigging up English players on English TV, what scum eh.

Kinda what happens when you watch TV from England...

I don't mind when people admit bluntly they're Scottish and just don't like England naturally due to parents or whatever but i hate when they come up with pish excuses about English commentators bigging up English players on English TV, what scum eh.

That's one reason, the others are pretty obvious as through the generations we have always had a large dislike for the English which is carried forward from parents to children ect.

I've lived in England all my life and I have never heard a single acquainatance mention the 1966 world cup win. Indeed, before every tournament everyone I come into contact with across the country is exteremely negative about England's hopes. So where people get the impression we are always going on about 66 is bewildering. Just because the media might do so, please, please don't tar us all with the same brush. Me and many others are embarrased by all forms of media coverage and firmly dissasociate ourselves from it. I like many also believe England to have under-achieved but do not belive it is our divine right to do well.

In general, too, I think the English generally support the other home nations when England aren't involved although personally I want Wales to lose every sport they compete in.

I expect a lot of negative rep here but i'd have picked hooper if i was Roy. (tu)

Na, Defoe can do everything Pooper can do. And he can do it about 10 times better. There isn't a need for England to bring two poachers like that IMO.

I've lived in England all my life and I have never heard a single acquainatance mention the 1966 world cup win. Indeed, before every tournament everyone I come into contact across the country is exteremely negative about England's hopes. So where people get the impression we are always going on about 66 is bewildering. Just because the media might do so, please, please don't tar us all with the same brush. Me and many others are embarrased by all forms of media coverage and firmly dissasociate ourselves from it. I like many also believe England to have under-achieved but do not belive it is our devine right to do well.

In general, too, I think the English generally support the other home nations when England aren't involved although personally I want Wales to lose every sport they compete in.

I agree with every word in this post mate, a great analysis, funnily enough it tends to be the Scottish that mention us mentioning 66 more so than us mentioning 66 :lol:

Agree with the home nations and Wales part strongly anaw, deh even ken why i just can't stand Wales (tu)

Na, Defoe can do everything Pooper can do. And he can do it about 10 times better. There isn't a need for England to bring two poachers like that IMO.

I disagree with that, hooper is the highest i've rated a celtc player in my lifetime aswell. Takes a lot for me to admit one of them are good but i genuinley think he could get the goals for England, maybe even do better than Defoe (tu)

Richards > Jones

Ferdinand > Terry

Carrick > Parker

Johnson > Oxlade-Chamberlain

Lennon > Walcott

Sturridge > Downing

Holt/Crouch > Carroll

Those changes would make the squad stronger, IMO.

Carrick should be one of the first names on the team sheet, vastly underrated and had a great season for United.

The gay-lord is back. :sherlock: