Players who've said they want to stay

In an interview with Maurice Edu he said

"The likes of Carlos Bocanegra, Dorin Goian, Steven Naismith, Ross Perry, Sone Aluko and Alejandro Bedoya have all intimated their preference is to remain in Glasgow."

Fairly good news but plenty still missing that we consider Rangers Men.

I wonder if Davo might want to give the EPL another crack. I couldn't blame him if he did, he's been here for years, won everything there is to win here and gone as far in Europe with us as he's ever going to go.

Just a thought though.

I wonder if Davo might want to give the EPL another crack. I couldn't blame him if he did, he's been here for years, won everything there is to win here and gone as far in Europe with us as he's ever going to go.

Just a thought though.

===

I know he is a quite guy but he is also our Club Captain

His silence has been a dissapointment

Davis is far to overrated and inconsistent and in my opinion is a terrible choice for a captain.

He plays one good game then does nothing for weeks/months and when the shit hits the fan and were under pressure he hides. It's at times like that you want you're captain to step up and he simply doesn't.

If we keep the nucleas of the squad the transfer embargo will hardly be noticed, we never signed any players at all for two seasons and won the league, if we lost 8 or more and there was still an embargo we would struggle a little.

Davis is simply not a football player. I don't see what he brings to the team. And then the cheek last season if I recall correctly, we beat 'well 4 nil he scored the last goal at ccopland rd end and ran away to our, yeah our supporters cupping his ear because he was having a bit of a hard time from us. That is unacceptable conduct for any rangers captain, past present or future. What kind of message does that send out to the fans and the young players coming thru. Unacceptable. :( so he can go.

Great to hear that some players that have had a hard time with this mess and want to stay, legends in my eyes. But for the people that are sayin davis is one of the worst players and should let him go, remember that when you are moaning about our midfield next year sayin we need some1 to make the runs that Davis did. Players are not superheroes, they will all have bad days but IMHO we need davis inbetween ness or mccbae depends who plays

Davis is simply not a football player. I don't see what he brings to the team. And then the cheek last season if I recall correctly, we beat 'well 4 nil he scored the last goal at ccopland rd end and ran away to our, yeah our supporters cupping his ear because he was having a bit of a hard time from us. That is unacceptable conduct for any rangers captain, past present or future. What kind of message does that send out to the fans and the young players coming thru. Unacceptable. :( so he can go.

No. Davis is a football player. He's a very good football player too. We'd definitely miss him if he left.

The thing i am very unclear about is, what does this transfer embargo actually imply? is it no contract extensions and no loans?

As long as we hold the registration we can extend the contract,but we can't sign anybody above 18 ( I think ) this includes loans

TBH im just chuffed theres light at the end of the tunnel regarding the future of the club.

To hear the likes of Naismith, Perry, and Bedoya voice their intentions to stay is a wee brucie bonus. Roll on next season!

No. Davis is a football player. He's a very good football player too. We'd definitely miss him if he left.

We shall need to disagree on that one mate. He plays a good game then goes missing. I wld rather have mccabe than davis. As for our captain? Can u imagine butcher or gough sitting in the background and not giving a rallyin call to the bears. He looks disenchanted and has done for a while now. Maybe cause he knows he does not, sorry did not have competition for his place. I still feel he was more effective on the right of four man midfield than centre, don't think hee has the dig, the stature or character to hold that position

Unfortunately IMO we will lose most of the senior players who have big wages as we can't afford to keep them unless they renegotiate their wages to an acceptable level.I would hope that the youths will all return as they haven't had a better chance to get into the team

If the transfer embargo remains, I reckon we will be keeping everyone...if not then I reckoned might cash in on lafferty, Mcgregor, Whittaker and Davis.....all big wages and this will help fund a new RB, 2 strikers and gattuso.

The abuse for Davis on here is fucking unreal...

An integral part of our 3iar team, a fantastic attitude, and although maybe not the most vocal of captains I think has deserved the title of club captain...

That said, I do feel he will leave in the summer, basically because of his wages, and to be fair there are a few of the younger lads who have come in this year and look more than capable of filling any void!

TBH it will prob take a while for the new owners to get things sorted balance wise so even without a

transfer embargo you would prob find there would be no new big players walking through the doors, if

we were lucky there would be 2 or 3 brought in to beef the team up but wouldn't have much impact,

until the new owners can see where money is coming from and going to then I wouldn't expect any major

signings.