Transfers

6 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Obviously!

They think every cunt is a Celtic fan. I remember my high school English teacher - who was a Proddy from Barrhead, so really should have known better - moralising how enlightened it was that Rangers had appointed a well known Celtic fan. The Celtic fan was supposedly McLeish. She booted me out the class for calling her on the lies, and when she said she would know as she's from Barrhead, I pointed out my dad went to school with him and played football with Eck - his family are well known Rangers fans and good brothers. 

I assumed she was getting confused because Eck played for the sheep, but naw. Her eldest son's girlfriend was a taig and convinced her that McLeish was a Celtic fan. Because if you're Scottish you obviously love Celtic... 

16 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

£24m is a good amount for him, especially if the money is used towards signing Sanchez.

Pep really doing a good rebuilding job this summer, got rid of a lot of deadwood and albeit a decent talent being sold with Aguero, Jesus and possibly a new signing such as Sanchez, makes sense to sell.

Should be able to bring in some funds for the likes of Hart, Kolarov, Fernando, Mangala, Roberts, Toure, Delph, Denayer, Nasri and Bony to go towards new signings.

Made a bit easier by the fact a lot of the older guys/not good enough were out of contract. 

I think their squad will be totally different, I have a feeling Sanchez might go to Chelski though.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

£24m is a good amount for him, especially if the money is used towards signing Sanchez.

Pep really doing a good rebuilding job this summer, got rid of a lot of deadwood and albeit a decent talent being sold with Aguero, Jesus and possibly a new signing such as Sanchez, makes sense to sell.

Should be able to bring in some funds for the likes of Hart, Kolarov, Fernando, Mangala, Roberts, Toure, Delph, Denayer, Nasri and Bony to go towards new signings.

Hart will be their number 1 next year.

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I think out of them Roberts and Toure will stay. Rest of them id say youre pretty spot on with. 

Side note, Celtic being linked with Delph this summer. 

55 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Aye by squad number only.

Never rated him, makes so many mistakes. He has had 2 good games off top of my head, vs Dortmund in group stage in 2013 and Barca in knock out stages a couple of years ago. That being said I can see Everton bidding for him, they are probably the best English team which defo needs a new GK. 

3 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

I think out of them Roberts and Toure will stay. Rest of them id say youre pretty spot on with. 

Side note, Celtic being linked with Delph this summer. 

I don't see how they could afford his wages. I'm sure another prem team would come in for him as well. 

1 minute ago, jackg93 said:

Never rated him, makes so many mistakes. He has had 2 good games off top of my head, vs Dortmund in group stage in 2013 and Barca in knock out stages a couple of years ago. That being said I can see Everton bidding for him, they are probably the best English team which defo needs a new GK. 

I have so many arguments at work about Hart. The bias in England over him is unreal. He makes to many mistakes, always has but the media and fans down here seem to just ignore. 

His stats have been woeful this season as well. 5 mistakes leading to goals and 7 leading to chances. 

1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

I don't see how they could afford his wages. I'm sure another prem team would come in for him as well. 

Regular and Champions League football. 

I think EPL teams may be put off due to his injury record recently. If he stayed fit and moved up here he would be a very decent signing for them.

I have so many arguments at work about Hart. The bias in England over him is unreal. He makes to many mistakes, always has but the media and fans down here seem to just ignore. 

His stats have been woeful this season as well. 5 mistakes leading to goals and 7 leading to chances. 

Mate, there is at least 20 better GK's in the world. 

How he is England number 1 is beyond me. Fraser Forster and Jack Butland are better and more consistent, and the Pickford lad is coming through at Sunderland, he will be knocking on the door soon. 

2 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

I think EPL teams may be put off due to his injury record recently. If he stayed fit and moved up here he would be a very decent signing for them.

He would be on at least £40k a week. It's a big risk. If we win the title and they have overspend, we could do some serious damage to them long term. 

He would be on at least £40k a week. It's a big risk. If we win the title and they have overspend, we could do some serious damage to them long term. 

Rodgers will defo get the backing after this season, how much remains to be seen. I know theyve been linked with Salonke from Chelsea, and Lucas Leiva also. They will also have Toure off their wage bill next season im sure? 

2 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He is better than Bravo and there isn't many keepers available. 

Oblak probably the only top keeper who will move. Best case scenario they get Donnarumma. 

Monet makes players available and city have all the money.

4 hours ago, Scott1872 said:

Monet makes players available and city have all the money.

He was a great artist but has been dead for hundreds of years by now he won't influence any deals now.

How many top keepers will leave their current clubs to join them though? 

8 hours ago, jackg93 said:

Saint Brendan will lay on his hands and cure all his ills. :jesus:

41 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He was a great artist but has been dead for hundreds of years by now he won't influence any deals now.

How many top keepers will leave their current clubs to join them though? 

Anyone they want.

22 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Anyone better than Hart is already at a top club.

De Gea won't go there and a doubt Neuer or Courtois would either those are the stand out candidates.

Lloris is possible but would he take that backwards step.

They literally could buy so many keepers, Oblak being the one I think.

Just now, Scott1872 said:

They literally could buy so many keepers, Oblak being the one I think.

The clubs the keepers are at now will struggle to replace them though.

Hopefully whoever they get the money eventually trickles into us for Wes and we move on richer.